Author Topic: Black Panther - New suit or not  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Black Panther - New suit or not
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:27:39 pm »
I think he should have a new one... I liked Joe Mad's verison with the spiked knuckles.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther - New suit or not
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:59 pm »
I think he should have a new one... I liked Joe Mad's verison with the spiked knuckles.

I like the original, I like the Priest version.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 09:40:35 pm »
I like the priest version. I don't like the one that is used now that much though... it depends on who draws it.

For example, he looks great in 39-41...

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:13:02 pm »
I think the suit reflects the mission statement of the book; i.e. this serious seemed more adventure based and his costume reflected that, while Priest-era was more regal, matching the stories were told, so I guess it also depends on what kind of stories you would want told.  But I do like Palo's version-a mix between the two and very dark, mysterious.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:33:40 am »
I think the suit reflects the mission statement of the book; i.e. this serious seemed more adventure based and his costume reflected that, while Priest-era was more regal, matching the stories were told, so I guess it also depends on what kind of stories you would want told.  But I do like Palo's version-a mix between the two and very dark, mysterious.

Well said! However,I think that RH very distinctly prefers classic BP gear in order to maintain the visual distinction from PRIEST BP and PANTHER'S PREY BP.I do very much enjoy the fact that BP can and does flow between abbots depending upon the situation.I believe that this common sense action is waaaaaayyyy overdue.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:17:52 am »
So should he have a new suit? a make over...

This book has to change from being like Marvel Adventures.

BP has to be Regal and Bad Ass... Palo version and Joe Mad's spiked knuckle versions are hot.

Palo version is similar to Dwayne Turner's (Panthers Prey) suit...

I want to see the Ult. BP suit on T'challa.

moneyspider

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:18:44 am »
I want to say that Black Panther should have a room in the Techno Jungle filled with various different Panther costumes, BUT I can see people complaining that such a room or too many different variations on the Panther costume would be too "Batmanish" or "Ironmanish."

However, in one issue in the previous series, several Panther suits could be seen in one area of the Techno Jungle...it would be cool if new suits had been added to that room.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:22:21 am »
the basic kirby outfit is fantastic.. anyway, I have no quarrel with seeing variations for different stories.. especially with the cape.. I like the cape..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:51:39 am »
Dwayne Turner's suit (PANTHER'S PREY) was midnight blue...the first incarnation of that suit.The precursor to the PRIEST ERA suit.In this same PRIEST era,we have canon that states that BP has multiple abbots stashed in various locales.

JR jr.'s BP outfit and this SI abbot are the only times I thought that BP's classic abbot was actually fly to look at.The PRIEST era abbot is waay dope,and back on HEF 1.0 I lobbied for a combination of the two.Solid classic black with PRIEST gold highlights.The vibranium soles.The RH tech suits,the energy daggers,the kimoyo card,the anti-metal claws.Plus new toys and gadgets.And the eugenics "redefinition" (thanks Seven for "redefinition").Etc. 
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 03:10:48 pm »
Yeah, I like the Priest version also... and T'challa should be jacked like he was in BP SI.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 03:28:46 pm »
Yeah, I like the Priest version also... and T'challa should be jacked like he was in BP SI.

dunno what "jacked" means but if it's correlated with BP Invasion? Yeah me like.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: