Author Topic: Black Panther relaunching?  (Read 39741 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther relaunching?
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:34 am »
Did you read my question? It is simply a word to the wise, not a reprimand from the admin. If jwoo wants to throw down, my money's on Jenn.

Hey, just because you're afraid of her, doesn't mean everyone has to be.

Also, "Brokeback wish-I-knew-how-to-quit-you nuthuggers" is pretty funny.

Sure, if you're 12.

Humor is in the eye of the beholder. I'm just in touch with my inner child. Did you have a point?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2008, 08:50:32 am »
I got my drink and my two step my drink and my two step...it's on. 8)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:00 am »
I actually thought he "brokeback" thing was funny too,and I could think of a million more pleasant experiences than e-scrappin with Jenn.Has nothing to do with fear.Jenn has a keen intellect,grasp of minutiae and command of facts combined with brutally hilarious two-fisted witty repartee.Reminds me of lyrically battling particularly vicious and skillful MCs.You don't fear them,but u can think of easier battles to engage in.

I've crossed swords with Jenn.probably will agin in the future too.Not lookin forward to it.Not afraid,just not relishing the thought.Lol.

And if ANYONE is capable of marshalling the epitome of Socratic logic onsite,it's Curtis.he is the LAST person I'd cross words with.I'd hotbox with JENN alllllllll daaaaaaaayyyy rather than cross blades with Curtis.

So yeah.feelin jwoo's and leMar's commentay and criticism cuz I think they're valid and sensible,even if i don't agree with them all.But LeMar? You knooow The Unmistakable Mr.Anti-Foolishness himself fears no one. 
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2008, 10:41:17 am »
jwoo, two questions:
Do you know how the quote feature works?
Are you sure you want to go at Jenn like that?

Also, read this.

Based on 1 and 2 of the author's list I'd say that Jwoo's violation of those tenets is minimal at best. Never heard the guy lecture people on race, or play the 'blacker than thou' card. And certainly haven't heard him hurl personal insults as people which only occurs sporadically on this board anyway.

Then again, there is in this forum, as in most groups and communication, a double standard when people are commenting on posts. There are people here who regularly attack other posters, for whatever reason, and they're cheered on, because someone else likes what they have to say, or appreciates their style (of course it's funny since it's not at them). If someone who criticized this book (and there are a few posters here that do) was as aggressive and hostile in relating to other posters as the 'supporters' of the author they'd be kicked out quickstyle. But again, double standards are a part of life. It' s just a message board.

As someone who pops in an out here every couple of months for the last two years I've seen that just about anybody here who's said something snide to me directly has also said something nice, or supportive or even funny, so in the end, people are people. I don't get caught up in it enough to get mad, and for the most part I don't even respond.

The best way to enjoy the board in my view is to keep your comments focused as much as you can on the comic book itself, discuss the writer's WORK, and keep speculation on his motivations and beliefs to a minimum and ignore people who want to argue over the computer.

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:49 pm »
The best way to enjoy the board in my view is to keep your comments focused as much as you can on the comic book itself, discuss the writer's WORK, and keep speculation on his motivations and beliefs to a minimum and ignore people who want to argue over the computer.

Well-said.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2008, 12:24:45 pm »

So then you've had an epiphany. Good.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2008, 12:51:23 pm »

Jeezus, man. Was that really necessary?

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2008, 01:03:25 pm »

Yes.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2008, 02:47:23 pm »
Wow the thread just derailed for a moment I see.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »

---------------------
Comment should be stickied. Or placed in a sig or something.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »
And HOW.Lol.Always wanted to say that.

Newho,back on topic...

I want RH BP to break 100 issues.I am dreading the prospects and consequences of a conflict between BP and STORM that could remotely put them at such odds that BP+the assembled power of the Wakandan armed forces would come to blows with Storm.I dread the echoes of the possibility that STORM and Nezhno might somehow precipitate such a cataclysmic occurrence.This sounds like a ploy to give the fanboyz their wet dream of separating BP from STORM and mayhap devolving Ororo to their "raceless super mammy" fiendin for any non-Black male.ESPECIALLY NOT BP,the EPITOME of Black manhood.

Buuuut...talk about an extra dense mine of preposterous story possibilities? Wakanda post Invasion and post Storm would be weaker than ever...encouraging international foes to strike and or penetrate deeper into Wakanda covertly,militarily,or both.Malcontent Wakadan factions would practically NEVER find a better set of circumstances to strike down TChalla.TChalla himself would never be beset by greater challenges,and MIGHT become the badazz King in Exile that BLANKS spieled about.There are just...TOO MANY OPTIONS.

And BP overcoming all of these unimaginable obstacles and pressures--and reconciling with/winning back Ororo?--is the kind of epic storytelling that gives us inspiring fables of massive regard ranging from Conan to Odysseus,from Genghis Khan to Zumbi dos Palmares,from Queen Elizabeth to Ann Frank,from Queen Tiy to Napolean,from King Arthur to Touissaint Louverture,from MILLER'S "DARK KNIGHT" to ELLIS and MILLAR'S "THE AUTHORITY" to "FINAL CRISIS" and Dr. Light's rape of ole girl to Azziri the Wise carrying off Captain America's beaten,bloody and KO'd body.

Yeah.Let's do something in THAT vein,RH.Matta fact? RH,dawg...TOP those stories
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 01, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »

A clear example of what I was writing about in my post. I will live and let live...

Offline jwoo

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:26 pm »
jwoo, two questions:
Do you know how the quote feature works?

Also, read this.

Curtis

Yes, my bad.

Not going at Jenn like anything, just responding to her post. If she chooses to respond with more ranting and insults I will probably refrain from responding to her since this is not what I come here for nor is it my style to argue with a woman. Please know it is not out of fear because my momma did not raise any Punks and my heart don’t pump no Kool Aid my brother, call it RESPECT!

And yes I read the link, Thanks!

Sounds like the board is back on track, I don't want to side track things again but I figured I would respond.

Luthor Dare

« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2008, 08:40:01 pm »
I want RH BP to break 100 issues.

Me too, though I suspect for different reasons that you. My main thing is that I just want to be able to say that Hudlin's "Black Panther" series lasted longer than Priest's "Black Panther" series, just we can shut all those rapid Christopher Priest fans up. ;)

Back when the marriage was first announced, I suggested that it would be a good idea to change the title to "Black Panther And Storm," just so you could get a new #1 issue out of it, which would be a good sales gimmick, for a little while at least. But, at this point, I say since where not doing changing the creative team, they might as well stick with the original title and numbering. Although, of course, technically if they did start over (& we don't know if they are, it's just speculation) it would still count part of this run. So as long as the next series reaches 25 issues, that'll be 1 issue more than Priest's run, so I'll be happy.

Jenn

« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2008, 09:39:03 pm »
Not going at Jenn like anything, just responding to her post. If she chooses to respond with more ranting and insults I will probably refrain from responding to her since this is not what I come here for nor is it my style to argue with a woman. Please know it is not out of fear because my momma did not raise any Punks and my heart don’t pump no Kool Aid my brother, call it RESPECT!

Nigga, please. It's not that crucial. Awwww, poor widdle baby doesn't like it when I say dirty words? f*ck you. No, really. f*ck you. You wouldn't give a good goddamn if I was a dude, but because I have a vagina, I'm supposed to pat your ass so you can feel better about respecting black women - or at least the ones that meet your benevolent approval? Pat deez, you punk bitch. You want an example of a fine, upstanding Negro woman, go find your mama and latch on, but get the f*ck off my thong.

We've had smarter misogynistic coon niggers than jwoo here. 

*soft weeping*
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:50:47 pm by Jenn »