Author Topic: Should Hudlin explore....  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Should Hudlin explore....
« on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:05 pm »

Something like this? I know most will be against it...but I am not.
Flame on ;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Should Hudlin explore....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 05:19:31 pm »
Hey, that's a pic of Storm and her son.  We met him in Avengers Next.  He was a were-panther.

Here's the thing-if you make him a were-panther, he ceases to one of the top fighters in MU.  Cap, DD, Batman, Shang Chi, Tarzan and Winter Soldier don't need a second form to win against impossible odds, so saying BP does, means he's not among the best.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:24:35 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »
Indeed.

But I was saying in the sense that T'challa is the head of the Black Panther cult (High Priest/Shaman?), is suppose to have a mystical side.

It wouldn't be a mutantion...but Magic.... or we can explore what his is mystical connnection to Bast, without it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:27:55 pm by Seven »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 05:25:45 pm »
Also when I pictured this... I was thinking of a Rivalry between him and Blade.

Were vs Vampire.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 05:30:02 pm »
Well, we have seen from the Annual that they have two sons, and a few daughters. Whose to say that the son, or the younger of the two, might have the mutant gene to make him a were-panther, but one that can change at will, kinda like the Ultimate Panther cartoon panther.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 05:35:19 pm »
It would be cool to see one of their kids time travel. I am sick of only seeing the Summers do that!!!  ;D

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:13 pm »
I might take elements from this i.e. eyes, claws, teeth, but i think we might get caught every issue with "now it's time to transform."

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
I might take elements from this i.e. eyes, claws, teeth, but i think we might get caught every issue with "now it's time to transform."

Indeed, but I would make it forbidden to use that Form.
It would be something that was outlawed by T'chaka or Azzari the Wise (The grandfather of T'Challa, and name of Storm and BP son in next avengers ) because it is too dangerous. RH has already shown that T'challa is uncomfortable with Magic, and prefers tech and is own skill. But the Frog (King Solomons Frogs) are kind of a lame way to show Wakandan Magic.

Thus far, we really don't know what T'challa (or other BP's) connection to the Panther God is on panel is. It's mostly implied (like in SI 41), we don't know anything about his mystical side. Bast according to Egyptian lore, was a beautiful woman with a cat head, at night or when she wanted to take revenge for her father (Ra), she would shape shift into a huge cat.

I would make it a blood gift (curse) passed down from the first BP, that has been forbidden. It takes tremendous mental fortitude to resist it. This goes along with the mysterious T'challa that I want to see. He has always hid it, like all BP's...

I got some wild idea's. So I will stop now 8)
Basically forbidden magic, that only BP's can use.

Right now, the Egyptian (Ennead) Pantheon sucks big time when compared to other gods (including Bast). This is a way to show some of her gifts and Wakandan magic (different from Dr. Druid and Strange). I see Wakandan magic being more like combat magic.

One of the eldest of the Ennead, as early as 10000 BC Bast was worshiped as a panther god, granting power to worshipers and descendants. The children of Bast dwelled in the mountaintop city Bastet, existing as panthers but becoming human via the magical Eye of Bast gem until its theft.
---www.marvel.com

Also the "Bright Lady" Gaea (God who Storm worships) is the grandmother of Bast. :o
When she says "Goddess" she is talking about her.

Rant off/

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:22:24 pm by Seven »

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 04:08:58 pm »

Something like this? I know most will be against it...but I am not.
Flame on ;D

This looks like Black Panther from EARTH X after the Terrigen mists hit the Earth. I don't like it but I wouldn't mind a rival that looks like that through magic and is the weapon of a rival clan.

moneyspider

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 06:41:13 pm »
Yeah, that is T'Challa/Panther from Earth X. I saw that scene today when  I was looking at the book in Borders.

I prefer T'Challa to be in human form instead of a were-panther or whatever it is called.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 06:54:56 pm »

Indeed, but I would make it forbidden to use that Form.
It would be something that was outlawed by T'chaka or Azzari the Wise (The grandfather of T'Challa, and name of Storm and BP son in next avengers ) because it is too dangerous. RH has already shown that T'challa is uncomfortable with Magic, and prefers tech and is own skill. But the Frog (King Solomons Frogs) are kind of a lame way to show Wakandan Magic.

Thus far, we really don't know what T'challa (or other BP's) connection to the Panther God is on panel is. It's mostly implied (like in SI 41), we don't know anything about his mystical side. Bast according to Egyptian lore, was a beautiful woman with a cat head, at night or when she wanted to take revenge for her father (Ra), she would shape shift into a huge cat.

I would make it a blood gift (curse) passed down from the first BP, that has been forbidden. It takes tremendous mental fortitude to resist it. This goes along with the mysterious T'challa that I want to see. He has always hid it, like all BP's...

I got some wild idea's. So I will stop now 8)
Basically forbidden magic, that only BP's can use.

Right now, the Egyptian (Ennead) Pantheon sucks big time when compared to other gods (including Bast). This is a way to show some of her gifts and Wakandan magic (different from Dr. Druid and Strange). I see Wakandan magic being more like combat magic.

Ironic isn't it that BP's favorite magic device is English Magic.  And the Frog's aren't even Wakanda are they? 

but as far as making it a forbidden form: wouldn't work.  The moment it is released into comic world, (other/next) writers will keep finding excuses until it happens monthly.