Author Topic: Ultimate Captain America Annual: Captain America vs Black Panther  (Read 24440 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
We will finally get to know who the Ultimate Black Panther is and get a great slugfest as well between Panther and Captain America.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=1127&disp=table

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Ultimate Captain America Annual: Captain America vs Black Panther
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:26 am »
So, um, uh... is Ultimate Panther, well... black?    ???
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 01:22:51 pm »
So, um, uh... is Ultimate Panther, well... black?    ???

I don't think so, and it doesn't look like it...which sucks... how many black people (males) besides Fury and Powerman (no powers) do they have in Ultimate marvel?

I mean Storm is now Moroccan, I mean come on.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 02:13:51 pm »
Ultimate Black Panther WILL be BLACK, I guarantee it! 8)

Moroccan's are African so I don't think its that much of a departure for Ultimate Storm.

Millar will be giving us a Black Hulk in his series next year so we have that to look forward to.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18:55 pm »
What? A BLACK Hulk? You're KIIIDDDIIING,right? As for BP? Based upon the pix that I saw...he is MOST DEFINITELY NOT BLACK.Ole dude who's allegedly the Ultimate BP reminds me of KaZar or some such.A cross between Tarzan and Conan.

Btw...this art is TITE.I loove the agility and speed and STYLE of this Ultimate BP.RH? 616 BP needs to be siiicc like that.I can even bypass the semi-Logan claws.Ahem.Sorta.But the excellent artist who rendered the scene where CA takes down BP and has CA's shield at BP's throat? The takedown is incorrect.Wouldn't work.THAT takedown requires the right leg AND right hand.The right leg/left hand takedown combo allows your opponent to escape...and a foe with the quicks of BP...Ultimate or not...is NOT the guy that you want to be trading reflexes with.

Unless you're Spidey or Beast or some such...which Ult.CA is NOT.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:27:14 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:22:22 pm »
What? A BLACK Hulk? You're KIIIDDDIIING,right?

Not kidding. He has mentioned an African-American Hulk will be appearing in one of his upcoming Ultimate Avengers arcs. Along with Ultimate Blade.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 02:27:49 pm »
What? A BLACK Hulk? You're KIIIDDDIIING,right?

Not kidding. He has mentioned an African-American Hulk will be appearing in one of his upcoming Ultimate Avengers arcs. Along with Ultimate Blade.

whoooooaaaaa! That's some love! Lemme get at Millarworld right about now then...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 02:30:57 pm »
Then Millar is the man.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »
sorry to bust your bubble gents but i could have swore that UBP is CA
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

J.R. LeMar

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:14 pm »
sorry to bust your bubble gents but i could have swore that UBP is CA

Apparently he was in Ultimate 3 #5. But I guess the purpose of the article is to explain what happened to the "real" Black Panther, and why Cap took his identity for awhile.

I gave up in Ultimates 3 after the first issue, which made my eyes bleed with it's sheer awefullness, but I'll probably check out the annual, just because.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 02:53:34 pm »
I dunno guys...Wolverine claws? Experimented on? Weak-sauce.  Maybe literal claws would have been a better choice so he doesn't constantly compared to Wolverine, which we know will happen.  And maybe he's just really light skinned?; in some of the images it looks like he has more AA features than others.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 03:33:32 pm »
a black hulk?
Nooo...i was working on a black hulk character called Bulk.
grrrr.

lookin' forward to this angry black man.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:20:53 pm »
Black Hulk, introduction of Blade, whatever. It will be a huge effing crime if the Black Panther is not black. He doesn't even have to be African, but he has to remain Black. Black fans are always getting sh*tted on when it comes to black characters in comics.

Other than small changes to the Falcon and Misty Knight in their origins, they are pretty much the same. Same for Storm. So effing much for diversity Marvel. As an artist, I looked effing hard at those images, and other than in one picture, the Panther doesn't look Black at all in his features. If he is indeed supposed to be black, then Marvel better hire a better damn artist who actually knows how to draw Black features.

Summabitch, this was the last thing I wanted to read/see tonight after an 11 hour shift. I'm out.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 06:44:57 pm »
Black Hulk, introduction of Blade, whatever. It will be a huge effing crime if the Black Panther is not black. He doesn't even have to be African, but he has to remain Black. Black fans are always getting sh*tted on when it comes to black characters in comics.

Other than small changes to the Falcon and Misty Knight in their origins, they are pretty much the same. Same for Storm. So effing much for diversity Marvel. As an artist, I looked effing hard at those images, and other than in one picture, the Panther doesn't look Black at all in his features. If he is indeed supposed to be black, then Marvel better hire a better damn artist who actually knows how to draw Black features.

Summabitch, this was the last thing I wanted to read/see tonight after an 11 hour shift. I'm out.

If Tarzan is BP, (I think the other option is that Tarzan is the enemy of BP.)  But if Tarzan in BP, I think it falls into the contraversary realm.  Ultimate titles that Millar has been involved in tend to skirt contraversary, or even diving right in.  A Black BP would be expected and uncontraversal.  (Well, no more contraversal than mainstream BP.)  A white BP would raise people's ire and some writers love to just do that.

That's what scares me about some big (English) name writer taking over a mainstream BP title.  Some of them would probably decide to do something very "desconstructive."  The stuff that infurates the existing fans but attracts a bunch of new ones.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 07:05:23 pm »
wont be infurating me. It'd be insulting me. I'll reserve my judgment when I actually pick the book up and browse through it at the comic store before I walk up to the owner of the shop and either slap him or hug him and weep, hehehe. Ah well, only a few Wednesday left until the issue comes out to decide if I will be dropping the Ultimateverse completely or not at all.

Besides, its not like the Ultimate Universe has anything going for it at all anymore.