Author Topic: American Gangster Season Three  (Read 8764 times)

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
American Gangster Season Three
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:40:23 am »
I seen the previews for the new season of American Gangster and I was surprised yet again that the following individuals aren't profiled.

Maserati Rick and Best Friends Inc.
Young Boys
Frank "Pee Wee" Matthews
Bumpy Johnson
Harry-O

While I'm intrigued by the episode on Mac Dre, The Shower Posse and Monster Kody, the episode centered around J. Edgar Hoover doesn't make any sense. How is J. Edgar Hoover a gangster? If anything, he's a corrupt official.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: American Gangster Season Three
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 02:01:31 pm »
I look forward to season 3.. 10 episodes.. who knows what season 4 may hold.. for some of the suggestions, might be "hard" finding folks willing to talk on camera.. maybe.. I'd like to see those stories as well.. maybe if enough of us chime in on the main BET-American gangster- website/board, the producers will take notice..  :)

on Hoover.. I thought it might be because of the octoroon rumors.. heh-heh.. maybe they'll touch on that.. COINTELPRO was no joke, of course..
heck, Ronald Reagan deserves a profile..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:17:23 pm »
just saw the Midget Molley episode... good stuff, I didn't know about this dude.. heh.. homie had a straight up gold crown made.. ah well.. became a muslim in prison.. been out for a little while.. at least he's trying to speak to the youth now, give them some alternative information...

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:45:54 pm »
Why was I not told how good this series was? I thought it was a weak ripoff of the God called Denzel.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:22:02 pm »
Why was I not told how good this series was? I thought it was a weak ripoff of the God called Denzel.

There was a thread for each season, Princesa. You are beyond late! 8)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 09:52:31 pm »
This show is Emmy worthy.

Jenn

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 08:06:57 pm »
I just said the same thing last night! We're having a AG marathon at my house. I actually BOUGHT two of the shows on iTunes just to complete my collection (so far). Now I have all of them from seasons 1 and 2, and the first five of season 3. Even my parents are all on AG. (Can we just make this the American Gangster thread?)

Midget Molley SLAYED me. Nigga had a goddamn crown. I wonder what he did with it?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
A&E network acquires american gangster seasons 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 12:58:38 pm »
American Gangster, the acclaimed series that debuted on BET, has been acquired by A&E Networks. A&E snagged the rights to seasons 1-3 of the series, which takes an in depth look at some of urban America's most notorious criminals and gangs. The series, which is narrated by actor Ving Rhames, will air on A&E's Crime & Investigation Network cable channel. “American Gangster is one of BET’s most critically acclaimed and thought-provoking series, and we’re extremely proud of the success the show has enjoyed on our network,” said Michael D. Armstrong, Senior Vice President & General Manager, BET International. “We’re excited that it will be reaching a new worldwide audience through this landmark deal with A&E.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 04:59:26 pm »
Now if BET is dumb enough not to renew the series A&E should pick it up.

I really want to see other networks pick up the new series that BET are now dropping and push them.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:43:14 am »
Now if BET is dumb enough not to renew the series A&E should pick it up.

I really want to see other networks pick up the new series that BET are now dropping and push them.

I'd love to see A&E pick it up. Finally BET has a show as good as anything on tv and they drag their feet?