Author Topic: Any PC freaks?  (Read 24713 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Re: Any PC freaks?
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2015, 10:57:03 am »
Just ordered a 960 GTX, so I'm stoked! So now the updated setup is as follows:

Motherboard: AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.5GHz (OCed to 4.2 GHz)
Processor: ASUS M5A99FX PRO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4 GB (x2)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Super Clocked 2GB
Tuner: WinTV-HVR-1250 HDTV

And my main hard drive is a Kingston SSD. If y'all haven't had the SSD experience in your life, boy...you're missing out!
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2015, 12:17:04 pm »

Ain't really hot unless your monitor has touch-screen capability!  ;)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2015, 04:14:19 pm »
Just ordered a 960 GTX, so I'm stoked! So now the updated setup is as follows:

Motherboard: AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.5GHz (OCed to 4.2 GHz)
Processor: ASUS M5A99FX PRO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 4 GB (x2)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Super Clocked 2GB

And my main hard drive is a Kingston SSD. If y'all haven't had the SSD experience in your life, boy...you're missing out!

Damn girl!  You got me with that rig.  Almost the same I built.  You video card is a BEAST.  At the time I got the 660Ti from Nvidea.  And I will never use the 16 gigs of ram on my motherboard.  Was gonna go 32 gigs for the SaG.

Very nice indeed!  Gonna have to tweek mine now...again!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2015, 10:26:59 am »
960 GTX is here...average FPS is 130.8 and max FPS/sec is 257.3. I'ma about to turn ALL of my game settings up to "Ultra High as All f*ck." Well worth the $200 upgrade.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2015, 04:48:05 am »
960 GTX is here...average FPS is 130.8 and max FPS/sec is 257.3. I'ma about to turn ALL of my game settings up to "Ultra High as All f*ck." Well worth the $200 upgrade.

If you really want a hot-rod PC, you need to throw out that stock keyboard & mouse.
Get with the mechanical gaming keyboards with illuminated keys,with additional customizable functionality like the one I own from Steelseries APEX[Raw]

This baby can run in the dark. The keys are fairly wide & toggle very quickly and don't get stuck. Most of the additional keys can be re-mapped.

Are you still using that mouse that presses on your horizontal surfaces like a hot iron?  Developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
If so, You need to get with the wireless, trackball styled series like the M570, Logitech  puts out there:

Now you're styling & profiling, yo!  :)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2015, 08:33:22 pm »

If you really want a hot-rod PC, you need to throw out that stock keyboard & mouse.
Get with the mechanical gaming keyboards with illuminated keys,with additional customizable functionality like the one I own from Steelseries APEX[Raw]

This baby can run in the dark. The keys are fairly wide & toggle very quickly and don't get stuck. Most of the additional keys can be re-mapped.

Are you still using that mouse that presses on your horizontal surfaces like a hot iron?  Developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
If so, You need to get with the wireless, trackball styled series like the M570, Logitech  puts out there:

Now you're styling & profiling, yo!  :)

Oh hell nah, Battle.  Not the mouse ball!  ;D
I tried it, couldn't do it.  Now if I was playing Missle Command, then maybe.  ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2015, 03:45:08 am »
Oh hell nah, Battle.  Not the mouse ball!  ;D
I tried it, couldn't do it.  Now if I was playing Missle Command, then maybe.  ;)

You've tried the trackball-styled mouse with no success?  ???
I find that hard to believe.  :-\

Marv, I haven't used a industry standard mouse in over a year and didn't look back... ever again. Always felt that the standard mouse was ergonomically not a good idea for PC gaming or even for administrative tasks.

When you start losing motor control in your wrists & tendons in your pointer finger...
--- you'll come 'round to the trackball mouse for relief!
Watch, you'll see!  8)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2015, 08:41:52 am »

Da FUQ? It's all about the 360 controller up in this bitch!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2015, 09:13:35 am »
Da FUQ? It's all about the 360 controller up in this bitch!

That device is actually next on my list to replace my 16 year old USB compatible, 10-button gamepad controller by Gravis Pro.  :)

Seriously.  Ya gotta have a mechanical gaming keyboard nowadays to handle games with at least 20 different control functions.  Hell, even the old school PC games demands this type of device. 
Ever try playing a computer role-playing game without the keyboard?  Not fun.  :(

Even if you don't game on the PC, this keyboard is excellent for administrative tasks.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2017, 10:14:06 am »
Wowwwwwww. Reading this thread has brought back some nightmarish memories. Look at my first rig, fam. I don't even have a media reader in my HTPC anymore - if I need a DVD for whatever reason, I just plug one in. I even took the DVD-ROM out of my laptop. And I never did wind up building two of them b/c when I moved, I made a pact not to bring my TV into my bedroom. Gave up looking for a nice HTPC case long ago - you can be a gamer w/a sweet card or you can have a nice-looking case, but it seems to be hard to do both.

Never thought I'd see the day where my drives are 1 TB, but they're becoming quite cheap.

Ah, technology.

So my current build is as follows:

Motherboard: AMD FX 8320 Black Edition 3.5GHz AM3+ (OC'ed to 4.3)
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8 GB 1333MHz PC3-10666 240-pin DDR3
Westinghouse 47" 1080p LCD Monitor LVM-47W1 (Shut. UP. Since the backlight is starting to die, it'll be replaced eventually.)
Graphics card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060*

*Keeping my 960 as a backup in case my 1060 ever goes down. I used my 250 when my 960 was being refurbed and that was absolutely painful.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:27:00 am by Maxine Shaw »