Author Topic: EliteXC out of business, cancels bouts  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
EliteXC out of business, cancels bouts
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:31:15 pm »
I know we have a lot of MMA/Fight enthusiasts here...so this news shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

EliteXC out of business, cancels bouts

The parent company of the EliteXC mixed martial arts circuit is closing its doors for good, according to multiple reports.

Kimbo Slice was seen as the future for EliteXC. Now, it appears EliteXC's future is bankruptcy.
Sherdog.com reported that according to T.J. Thompson, an executive at ProElite Inc., he was informed that the company would close for good this week and would file for bankruptcy protection. And Sports Illustrated, on its Web site, reported that ProElite told its employees and fighters on Monday that it was shutting down, effective immediately, according to multiple sources.
Sherdog also reported that according to numerous sources, an EliteXC card scheduled for Nov. 8 in Reno, Nev., has been canceled. According to the report, Joey Villasenor, who was scheduled to fight Robbie Lawler for the circuit's middleweight title on the card, was informed Monday it had been scrubbed.

The rest of the article can be found here

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: EliteXC out of business, cancels bouts
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:44 pm »
That fight was a bigger loss for Kimbo than can be imagined. He would've been able to parlay something in the way of a superfight with his cache in the media currently.

Despite Dana's comments, I could've seen him feeding Kimbo to Liddell for easy money and a great PPV spot.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 03:32:43 pm »
Well THAT was quick.

At least the Powers That Be at Elite went out like men and informed their employees and pubic of thier decision.

I half expected them to pull a "crazy Eddie" and flee the country to avoid thier debt. 

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 04:02:16 pm »
Well THAT was quick.

At least the Powers That Be at Elite went out like men and informed their employees and pubic of thier decision.

I half expected them to pull a "crazy Eddie" and flee the country to avoid thier debt. 

The Shaws have money. They will just keep promoting boxing and may even get some MMA on their cards.

Jenn

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 07:16:34 pm »
So I have to wait that much longer to see Cyborg beat the crap out of Gina Carano?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:47:46 pm »
So I have to wait that much longer to see Cyborg beat the crap out of Gina Carano?

You may NEVER see it! :D

There is only UFC and AFFLICTION now and both have shown little interest in women's MMA. The only way I can see a fight is if they do it in Japan on a supershow but I doubt it.

So Jenn, your lasting image of sweet Gina in the cage is of her pummeling another opponent.

How do those donuts taste now? 8)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:57:37 pm »

You may NEVER see it! :D

There is only UFC and AFFLICTION now and both have shown little interest in women's MMA. The only way I can see a fight is if they do it in Japan on a supershow but I doubt it.

So Jenn, your lasting image of sweet Gina in the cage is of her pummeling another opponent.

How do those donuts taste now? 8)

hahahaha,"How do those donuts taste now?" HAHAHAHA!! Buuut...I heard that there are some peeps actually interested in putting that Cyborg v Carano fight together.And Carano will stay forever as far away from Tara Larosa as possible.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw