Author Topic: let's give props  (Read 32569 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
let's give props
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:16:38 am »
I hope the entire news media, in the wake of his success, finally admit that Obama ran the most brilliant political campaign in modern history. 

I would also like to say that William Ayers wins the "take one for the team" award.  I don't know where he's been or what he's doing, but the fact that he took all these attacks and put downs from every direction and never said a word, never made a statement, just took it without defending himself...he's a real soldier.

Maybe he just peeped how badly it went for Rev. Wright, but still, right or wrong, to take that kind of abuse silently for the sake of the greater good is impressive.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: let's give props
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 05:16:14 am »
true...very true.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:16 am »
I hope the entire news media, in the wake of his success, finally admit that Obama ran the most brilliant political campaign in modern history. 

I would also like to say that William Ayers wins the "take one for the team" award.  I don't know where he's been or what he's doing, but the fact that he took all these attacks and put downs from every direction and never said a word, never made a statement, just took it without defending himself...he's a real soldier.

Maybe he just peeped how badly it went for Rev. Wright, but still, right or wrong, to take that kind of abuse silently for the sake of the greater good is impressive.

True that, but if you are Bill Ayres you probably have so little faith in the MSM that you'd consider the attempt at self-vindiction a waste of time.

Offline Lion

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:25:50 am »
I also have to give major props to Michelle Obama. They threw mud at her left and right, but it's like she's got this forcefield of grace around her and never strayed off-message. She's my new crush.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:37:25 am »

True that, but if you are Bill Ayres you probably have so little faith in the MSM that you'd consider the attempt at self-vindiction a waste of time.

No doubt he understands the game...but to know it is one thing, to walk the walk is another.

And yes, props to Michelle too.  Grace is the word....grace....

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:16:49 pm »
Alot to be said about how the whole campaign was ran beautifully...

Michelle Obama what a woman I ate my words and so glad to do it.

I voted today (as I have every election since I was 18) and it was such a wonderful feeling all I could say and think was in my lifetime.

For once our children can see that when we say they can be anything they want it really is true....

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:52:20 pm »
wish I could be in Grant Park Chicago tonight... got to call some relatives out there..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 01:59:29 pm »
Props to ayers...but MAD props to Obama he showed style, class and dignity from the start

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »
word brothers. Word.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 08:25:53 am »
Props to McCain for his concession speech, he didn't waste any time conceding and sounded sincere and sober.

Props to Ohio and Pennsylvania for voting with their intellect and not their fear.

Props to the Florida election commission for not completely f-ing up this time.

Props to Michelle Obama (Whats that song by Jill Scott I think it is "Hate on me haters"?)

Props to the people of the United States for record turn outs.

I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 10:38:41 am »
Props to all of those voters of age who remember the hoses, dogs, and bullhorns for staying the course, and believing in the rest of us.

Props to all of the first time voters.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:15:34 pm »
Props to Obama's campaign...I guess Gov. Palin knows what a community organizer can do now.
Props to McCain for being the McCain from 2000 in his concession speech.  He would have had a shot if he were true to himself.
Props to Obama for being steady and firm in his approach to his appointed task.
Props to Michelle Obama for being a wife, mother and true best friend to her husband.
Props to Sarah Palin for basically shutting up (for a minute) and going back to Alaska
Props to Al Franken! LOL
Props to all the voters who braved weather, long lines, funky voting machines and in some cases, shenanigans.

The people have spoken...forcefully.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 02:26:28 pm »
In all honesty, from watching the presidential debates, I think Senator McCain secretly wanted President-elect Obama to win.  He kept making too many obvious mistakes and giving away too many cryptic messages.  I don't think he wanted to win at all. Me being Mr. Softee, I sincerely believe in redemption and when he goes back to the senate, he'll carry a lot more weight and respect.

I really do. 

In some strange way, I think he really meant it when he said that he was a maverick.

Offline DamonO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 06:46:59 am »
And major props go to DNC Chairman HOWARD DEAN.  He was the one who initiated a 50-state plan, instead of listening to the old guard who only wanted to concentrate on certain states.  The old guard mocked the idea, but because of his efforts, the Dems retook Congress and helped them retake the White House.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 09:59:57 am »
Props to Hillary Clinton for using most of the ammunition during the primaries.  It may not have had its intended effect, but it left McCain's strategists dead in the water after the Conventions.