Author Topic: let's give props  (Read 17551 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: let's give props
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 05:59:57 pm »
So True Moor.

It kept Obama from having to pull an 8 Mile type move...
instead, Obama took his lumps early and was battle hardened for the big test.

Thanks Hill!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
low voter turnout in detroit
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 11:57:29 am »
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008811080374

--on Tuesday, by 8:30 a.m., there was a really long line at my voting precinct; I waited in line for an hour, but my deadline to get to work was approaching, but I knew I'd be getting off at 5 pm, so I knew i'd just head straight back after work..

when I arrived to my voting precinct at around 6 in the evening, I expected that folks would still be representing in a major way, with a long line, but it was darn near empty-- dang!  Nationally and even locally we got the results we wanted, but this still ain't good..  A hell of a lot more people need to wake up and get involved..  what's it gonna take, a fried chicken giveaway?  (let me stop..)    ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 07:22:13 am »
Props to Katie Couric for exposing the world to the honorable Governor Palin as a dimwitted, hair-brained beneficiary of affirmative action  not being intellectually curious. I have a newfound respect for  Ms. Couric after my disappointment for her less-than-stellar interview arguing with George Lucas about the virtues of emotional intelligence  vs. traditional methods in response to dealing with teen angst in the Columbine High School massacre back in 1999.

Props to the people in Iowa who believed that Mr. Obama could possibly run for president. In the first 100 days in office, I suggest that Mr. Obama should govern Iowa as his first order of business

Props to the people in Florida who knew the time was right.

Props to Mrs. Clinton's campaign who signaled to McCain's campaign to select Gov. Palin for the GOP ticket.*

Again, thanks, everyone!

*politics is all about perception. reagan proved this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:47:38 pm by Battle »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 02:05:24 pm »
How about a shout out for Oprah Winfrey? She stepped in at a critical moment to give our man a boost.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 02:03:32 pm »
Big ups to Richard Trumka, United Mine Workers President:

Union Leader Confronts Race Issue In Campaign

Trumka is white. Asked why he is giving this speech, he told the story of a conversation he had the day of the Pennsylvania primary in his hometown of Nemacolin in the southwest corner of the state.

"This woman walks up to me. I'd known her for a long time, and I ask her 'Have you decided who you gonna vote for?' "

"There's no way I'd ever vote for Barack Obama," the woman responded.

Trumka said he pressed her as to why. First, she said it's because Obama is "a Muslim." Trumka responded that Obama is actually a Christian.

Then, she told him Obama never wears an American flag pin on his lapel. Trumka told her that, too, is false, then asked her why she wasn't wearing one if that is such an important issue.

Trumka said he continued to push, until "her eyes dropped down and she said to me, 'Well, he's a black man.' "

Trumka said he told her to look around at their town, the mining community where they both had lived for so long. "And I said to her, 'This town is dying — literally dying.' "

It's a line that he includes, verbatim, whenever he delivers his speech.

"Our kids are moving away because there's no future here," Trumka said in the United Steelworkers convention address. "And here's a man, Barack Obama, who's going to fight for people like us, and you won't vote for him because of the color of his skin? Are you out of your ever-loving mind?"

The audience erupted in applause.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 08:27:58 pm »
Yeah, I saw that speech. He's a true American hero.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 02:56:28 pm »
wow.
that story is powerful.
thank you for sharing.

hey...can we stickify this thread or make a new thread where we can Give Props to any person around the world or on this thread?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Lion

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 07:17:40 am »
You're lucky I was in a good mood.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 08:42:39 am »
How about a shout out for Oprah Winfrey? She stepped in at a critical moment to give our man a boost.
We were having this debate last night.  We were trying to put a number on the value of her early support of Obama...the consensus was 20% of what it took to get there. 

She put her rep on the line and told soccer moms he was safe.  Sure, she also raised (and I'm sure gave) a lot of money, but her first time political endorsement was a major factor in getting the momentum rolling.

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 09:04:36 am »
William Ayers finally speaks, to Chris Cuomo of Good Morning America..

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-bill-ayers-good-morning-america,0,6403435.story
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 05:48:31 pm »
In all honesty, from watching the presidential debates, I think Senator McCain secretly wanted President-elect Obama to win.  He kept making too many obvious mistakes and giving away too many cryptic messages.  I don't think he wanted to win at all.

Ditto.
His concession speech confirmed it for me.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 07:33:04 am »
Props to whoever printed up the Inauguration invitations that were sent out to Obama contributers.  It "invites your presence at any of the public events..." which anyone can go to anyway! LOL  Anyway...it's pretty neat and I got one in the mail yesterday...it looks like this...

I know it's virtually worthless, but I'm framing it and putting it up in my home office anyway!  ;D 8)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 08:32:39 am »
Ah...  I see! :D

Now I understand the proper etiquette of a inauguration invitation compared to my mocked version: The vice president is added and the graphic of the Executive Mansion included into the seal.  Interesting.

Thanks, Catch!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 08:55:09 am »
Ah...  I see! :D

Now I understand the proper etiquette of a inauguration invitation compared to my mocked version: The vice president is added and the graphic of the Executive Mansion included into the seal.  Interesting.

Thanks, Catch!

No problem.  they spent some dough on these things, too.  Embossed seal at the top...heavy stock paper and raised lettering.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »
Props to Bush 43.  Without him, the country may have continued down the path of deference to tradition, rather than change...