Author Topic: Cosby show or Martin  (Read 11373 times)

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosby show or Martin
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 02:41:51 pm »
Cosby.
It's classic and beautiful.

Martin was a coonfest.

Coonfest?  Not your cup of tea, fine, but I never was embarrassed as a black person when i watched Martin.

I was.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 04:31:08 am »
The cosby show was removed from TV LAND, perhaps permanently.   Who would dare pick the show up in syndication now?
All of his future television business ventures...  cancelled.  What's the point of doing his return to stand-up tour now?

Most associated colleges have stripped cosby of certain title privileges, hell, even the Navy busted his Chief Petty Officer status back to civilian. 

The most corrupt police station in America, the LAPD, is attempting to investigate the victim's allegations.

Who wouldn't be embarrassed? ?

Whenever I do catch Martin, at the very least, it will not be under the pretense of the cosby show.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »
Cosby Show. I think Martin sputtered out after the first two seasons. I enjoyed it a lot less. The Cosby Show maintained its quality far longer before it got pretty dull at the end.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 03:00:39 pm »
Cosby Show. I think Martin sputtered out after the first two seasons. I enjoyed it a lot less. The Cosby Show maintained its quality far longer before it got pretty dull at the end.

Conjecture.

The cosby show is still 'off da urrr'.
cosby still got his rank stripped.
...and that TV show deal never materialized.

Martin is still running.  :)

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 03:55:42 pm »
Saw both shows...Cosby was not a favorite and seemed a little contrived with him always talking to the kids and not popping them ever.  Martin seemed a little more believable at the time....will go with Martin in this one.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 12:20:14 pm »

They rally.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:12 pm »
"Just sayin'

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 08:31:56 am »
Well, The Cosby Show is back on the air in syndication, on BET I think. The notion of watching it still makes me a little uneasy. Although I do try to separate the art from the artist (e.g. Miles Davis), maybe it's still too soon for me. Or maybe music is easier.

Remember that The Carmichael Show episode on the topic?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 09:23:51 am »
Well, The Cosby Show is back on the air in syndication, on BET I think. The notion of watching it still makes me a little uneasy. Although I do try to separate the art from the artist (e.g. Miles Davis), maybe it's still too soon for me. Or maybe music is easier.

It's difficult to distinguish what we know now, what we didn't know then.   :-\
A bit off-topic but, this incident reminds me of how strongly I feel about dc comics.

The set design on the Cosby Show was great with the African-American themed paintings and posters on the walls. The Victorian styled furniture... if I remember correctly.

Didn't the idea of a OB-GYN practicing right out of the basement of his Brooklyn brownstone home strike you as odd??

What was it?

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 10:07:55 pm »

You REALLY think a Black man in America, ANY Black man in America, could rape 40 White women and get away with it?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2018, 05:18:14 am »
...cosby jokes online down below.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2018, 09:16:19 am »

It's difficult to distinguish what we know now, what we didn't know then.   :-\
A bit off-topic but, this incident reminds me of how strongly I feel about dc comics.

The set design on the Cosby Show was great with the African-American themed paintings and posters on the walls. The Victorian styled furniture... if I remember correctly.

Didn't the idea of a OB-GYN practicing right out of the basement of his Brooklyn brownstone home strike you as odd??

What was it?
It's this one: Season 2, Episode 2 Fallen Heroes
When Maxine rejects Jerrod's invitation to a Bill Cosby concert, Jerrod offers the tickets to his parents as an anniversary gift, and the family is divided on whether or not you can appreciate entertainment free from scandal surrounding the entertainer.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:24 am »

You REALLY think a Black man in America, ANY Black man in America, could rape 40 White women and get away with it?
If you're asking whether I think he's guilty, well, yeah, I do. I find many of the accusers credible AF.

What's the alternative, there was a vast conspiracy to frame him among the 60 accusers and unknown others and it's remained secret? Or they all made it up? Occam's Razor.

We might ask why it took so long. And when will other high-profile offenders be meeting with justice.
I also think OJ did it...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2018, 11:17:16 am »
It's this one: Season 2, Episode 2 Fallen Heroes
When Maxine rejects Jerrod's invitation to a Bill Cosby concert, Jerrod offers the tickets to his parents as an anniversary gift, and the family is divided on whether or not you can appreciate entertainment free from scandal surrounding the entertainer.

Wow... :(   
That is amazing...  cosby… part of a television plot that creates family conflict which is opposite of what he was portraying on his own television show.  Oh, the irony...  :-[

You really wanna see irony?    Check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vl3q3csuvQ

Besides Eddie Murphy cracking routines about cosby's attitude towards him in 'RAW', this is HBO's 'Uptown Comedy Express' in 1987, first time I ever saw Chris Rock do stand-up on television and taking stabs at bill cosby's television show and his animated show, 'Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids'.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:10:20 pm by Battle »

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 06:53:34 pm »

If you're asking whether I think he's guilty, well, yeah, I do. I find many of the accusers credible AF.

What's the alternative, there was a vast conspiracy to frame him among the 60 accusers and unknown others and it's remained secret? Or they all made it up? Occam's Razor.

We might ask why it took so long. And when will other high-profile offenders be meeting with justice.
I also think OJ did it...

How many of those accusers had their stories discredited?