Author Topic: Monica Rambeau/Pulsar The Sun Goddess Respect Thread  (Read 180918 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Pulsar The Sun Goddess Respect Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 08:38:11 pm »
Tah, you are PROBABLY the world's greatest Pulsar fan!

While I would NEVER question your devotion to Monica, I find it strange that you haven't voted in the SFL playoffs yet.

Right now Pulsar, YOUR sun goddess is losing 10-0, I repeat TEN TO NOTHING!!! While I would never try to make you feel guilty, I was wondering if Monica would be proud of your actions.

http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=85934

I leave you with this. If you were stranded and without help, would Monica abandon you?

P.S. While I would NEVER say this, some might suggest you are no longer worthy of the costume if you desert Pulsar by not voting! 8)

OK first JS, you're a funny guy. For the record I would never, let me repeat NEVER abandon Monica R...lol

When you asked me to vote b4 and you explained how the game was played, I registered, but the site kept saying I had to wait to be approved by the administrator. So if you can get things moving faster, you be sure to let me know.

Tah, try to vote again and let me know what happens. If you get the same message I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 08:51:33 pm »

While I would NEVER question your devotion to Monica, I find it strange that you haven't voted in the SFL playoffs yet.

Right now Pulsar, YOUR sun goddess is losing 10-0, I repeat TEN TO NOTHING!!! While I would never try to make you feel guilty, I was wondering if Monica would be proud of your actions.

I leave you with this. If you were stranded and without help, would Monica abandon you?

P.S. While I would NEVER say this, some might suggest you are no longer worthy of the costume if you desert Pulsar by not voting! 8)

OK first JS, you're a funny guy. For the record I would never, let me repeat NEVER abandon Monica R...lol

When you asked me to vote b4 and you explained how the game was played, I registered, but the site kept saying I had to wait to be approved by the administrator. So if you can get things moving faster, you be sure to let me know.

Tah, try to vote again and let me know what happens. If you get the same message I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

I just tried to log in and I got this message. 

"Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details".

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 08:59:59 pm »
Yeah Pulsar is hot....Tahdigga too   ;D

Thank you Stan :)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 10:29:14 pm »

I just tried to log in and I got this message. 

"Sorry, we could not find a member using those log in details".

I'll tell the mods about it now.

Also, while I would NEVER say this personally, some have suggested that the Georgia HEFFa's are letting Pulsar down the same way their fellow Georgians LET OBAMA DOWN!!!! 8)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 06:43:36 am »
good one sarge.
i was wondering how you were gonna come at us.
hahahaha

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:34 am »
me thinks that someone doth push up on my eQueen

Lol...I think he's talking about Monica.
No I was talkin about the beautiful black woman, dressed as the beautiful black SUN GODDESS.
I think her screen name might be Tahdigga. Makes me wish I was the black star on the torso of her costume. ;)

Awww....Thank you BBee :)
You're quite welcome.
No disrespect to Mastrmynd, but when a woman looks good she needs to be told. ;)
I'm sure King T'Challa would agree. Seeing who he married, I'm sure he knows exactly what im talkin about.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »
OK, here is the deal regarding Millarworld and joining to vote.

There is a rule there about having SOME part of your real name involved in your username. Lady T for TahDigga may not have made the cut and they possibly automatically deleted it. I asked if Tah could use Lady Tah instead and that should work.

So in short, if you are one of the GEORGIA HEFFa's seeking REDEMPTION for the way you let down Obama, give me the name you would use at the site and let me clear in advance.

Stanley and Catch have ALREADY joined but unfortunately they have been corrupted by Mastrmynd's apthay and haven't voted yet! 8)

P.S. Tah, Sun Goddess is now down 18-0!!!!!! Will you let this happen? ;D

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 04:36:20 am »
OK, here is the deal regarding Millarworld and joining to vote.

There is a rule there about having SOME part of your real name involved in your username. Lady T for TahDigga may not have made the cut and they possibly automatically deleted it. I asked if Tah could use Lady Tah instead and that should work.

So in short, if you are one of the GEORGIA HEFFa's seeking REDEMPTION for the way you let down Obama, give me the name you would use at the site and let me clear in advance.

Stanley and Catch have ALREADY joined but unfortunately they have been corrupted by Mastrmynd's apthay and haven't voted yet! 8)

P.S. Tah, Sun Goddess is now down 18-0!!!!!! Will you let this happen? ;D

Alright I signed up again. I got the message "Your registration has been successful. The administrator wishes to preview all new registered accounts before posting permissions are granted. The administrator has been notified of your registration."

So let me know when you've got it handled.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 08:24:29 am »
apathy?
*sigh*

what does miller write?
do i even read any of his books?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 12:44:38 am »
I found this little gem with my gurl Monica R. in it at my LCS, and I didn't even know this series existed.

Some history on this run is that Solo Avengers, later Avengers Spotlight, was a spin-off from the Marvel's popular team title Avengers, it began life in December 1987 under the title Solo Avengers. It changed title to Avengers Spotlight in August 1989, with issue 21. It was canceled in January 1991 with issue 40.

The format of the title was usually two stories, one featuring the character Hawkeye (a sarcastic archer who had been first introduced to the Avengers title in 1964) and a back-up strip showcasing current or former Avengers who didn't have their own title. Some issues featured one long story, and others dropped Hawkeye altogether.

With issue 35, the comic changed format to exclusively focus on one full-length story (apart from issue 36, which carried a Hawkeye story intended for #35 but not completed in time), in a failed attempt to avoid cancellation.

Solo Avengers was part of a then-current trend at Marvel to expand its various "franchises" such as Spider-Man and the X-Men into as many as a dozen titles, and the name change to Avengers Spotlight (together with the concurrent renaming of West Coast Avengers to Avengers West Coast), with a logo based heavily on that of the parent title was an attempt to force retailers, who usually sorted their comics in alphabetical order, to rack them beside the parent title in an attempt to increase sales.

The story is solid, Monica stays on point with the big powerhouse moves. I found it to be a little short, but you all know anything with Pulsar in it I have to have it..lol

Solo Avengers Vol 1 #2 Out of Control, January, 1988

I thought this was a really cool display of her abilities. So off the chain, she's a walking radio/communicator.

Tah: Hey Monica you need this radio communicator, so that I can call you later?

Monica: That's alright Tah, I am a radio communicator! Girl I'll call you my way, most likely from space.

Tah: Say what?..lol

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:12:56 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 01:08:40 am »
Monica is seen here training with the legendary Steve Rogers aka Captain America!

Also shown is some dialogue between Monica Jenn Walters aka the She-Hulk.

I always liked their interaction with each other. Maybe it had something to do with them both being in public service, before becoming Avengers. Maybe now that She-Hulk is rumored to be cancelled, there may be an team up on the horizon.

The title or mini could be called "My Sister's Shadow" it would follow Monica and Jenn on earthly and space adventures battling the forces of evil, also incorporating their law enforcement training. While also discussing the history of their names and backgrounds. Jenn would have to deal with the fact that she would always be compared to her cousin and his rage, sometimes not really having a voice of her own. Tired of people saying "Oh that's the Hulk's cousin".

Monica would deal with having to live up to being called Captain Marvel and how she dealt with her codename being taken not once but twice by Mar-vell's son. Plus her thoughts on how she felt when leadership of the Avengers was taken away from her.

Oh well, just a thought on my mind. I think it would be kinda cool though.

Pulsar being trained by Captain America  

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:16:17 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 09:44:24 am »
Regarding the last 4 panels of this page you posted, Ms. Digga, illustrates Jennifer Walters' dismissive attitude she frequently displayed towards Capt. Marvel when I was reading long ago.  Even towards Cap  in the 3rd panel.   

Walters is a bit like that today  if you've ever read She-Hulk lately.

Who da hell let this page go?  Take a look at panel 2.  Cap's uniform is completely transparent!  COLORIST, you're docked one weeks' pay! :D

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 11:08:03 am »
Regarding the last 4 panels of this page you posted, Ms. Digga, illustrates Jennifer Walters' dismissive attitude she frequently displayed towards Capt. Marvel when I was reading long ago.  Even towards Cap  in the 3rd panel.   

Walters is a bit like that today  if you've ever read She-Hulk lately.

Who da hell let this page go?  Take a look at panel 2.  Cap's uniform is completely transparent!  COLORIST, you're docked one weeks' pay! :D

Hmmmm...I didn't get a dismissive attitude from She-Hulk. Yeah she's a little cocky, but I just assumed it was part of her Hulking nature.

When I read the panels with Monica and Jenn, I see a teammate asking another teammate, where she's off to and if she has a place in the city? To me that's not dismissive, she comes off as being curious of who her new teammate is.

Now the She-Hulk comic is not on my pulllist, so I don't really follow her new look and attitude perhaps she's changed and evolved into something else now that she being written by a different writer. I must say though her cover art is on point. But I hear not even that will save this comic from low sales and it's cancellation.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:50:53 am by Tahdigga »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 11:25:49 am »

Hmmmm...I didn't get a dismissive attitude from She-Hulk. Yeah she a little cocky, but I just assumed it was part of her Hulking nature.

When I read the panels with Monica and Jenn, I see a teammate asking another teammate, where she's off to and if she has a place in the city? To me that's not dismissive, she comes off as being curious of who her new teammate is.

Now the She-Hulk comic is not on my pulllist so I don't really follow her new look and attitude perhaps she's changed and evolved into something else now that she being written by a different writer. I must say though her cover art is on point. But I here not even that will save this comic from low sales and it's cancellation.

No?  Interesting...maybe I'm reading too much into it.  I found that "Hmmph!"  remark a bit off-hand when Capt. Marvel was droppin' useful info about people Jennifer seems to be underestimating. I've only read one encounter like this in a Avengers book in the past and haven't read enough issues to be sure.  See, now my interest is peaked that I want to pick up an Avengers Essential volume to see if this is actual.

The She-Hulk title has always had a pattern of being cancelled because various writers are trying to nail what Stan Lee did in the very first issue that made it so popular.  I think Dan Slott got her down pretty good in the beginning but eventually he seemed to lose interest when he took on other Marvel  titles, and subsequentially there was the worst artist I've ever seen assigned on a She-Hulk title.  I think when Peter David took on the title, it got a little more interesting and having a stable of good artists didn't hurt it either.

I look forward to whereever  She-Hulk pops up in the future.   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:02:18 am by Battle »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 06:59:10 pm »
Monica is seen here using x-rays to expose a control chip implanted in her head and to also keep Starfox at bay. She decides to kill two birds with one stone. Even under someone elses control Monica displays her top tactical abilities.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:17:59 pm by Tahdigga »