Author Topic: Monica Rambeau/Pulsar The Sun Goddess Respect Thread  (Read 207057 times)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Re: Pulsar The Sun Goddess Respect Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2009, 09:18:14 pm »
Thor the God Of Thunder and the Savage She-Hulk are having trouble with a self replicating giant tree-man, but for Monica it poses no threat. Seen here still in her beginner stages, the Sun Goddess shifts first into electrical energy then finishes with infrared heat.  

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:20:35 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2009, 10:59:32 pm »
I would like to alert you all to a yet unpublished adventure involving Pulsar the sun goddess.

In a story titled THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL a fan of Monica adandons her in her time of need. The result, a 16-5 DEVASTATING loss for the Sun Goddess!!!!

I will have pics of this story soon!

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2009, 07:38:04 am »
hahahhaha...
i cant wait to read this!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 03:36:01 pm »
I would like to alert you all to a yet unpublished adventure involving Pulsar the sun goddess.

In a story titled THE ULTIMATE BETRAYAL a fan of Monica adandons her in her time of need. The result, a 16-5 DEVASTATING loss for the Sun Goddess!!!!

Whatever JS..lol ::) I signed up twice, and your precious forum didn't approve me. I'm not beat forreal, I guess Millarworld met it's quota for the year..lol

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »

Whatever JS..lol ::) I signed up twice, and your precious forum didn't approve me. I'm not beat forreal, I guess Millarworld met it's quota for the year..lol

While the story may STILL be published, please PM me the name you used and I will find out what happened. Besides my attempts at winning, ( I'm in the Marvel Conference Championship game Vote now 8)) I would really like for you guys to be there for the Panther re-launch.

Your perspective is always insightful and passionate and it would help bolster support for the series. Everyone else from Marvel is there and they pimp their series to hilt, I mean the Dark Reign team has had an oupost basically since the end of SI. 8)

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2009, 10:18:42 pm »
Is it me or is Steve trying to push up on Monica..hmmmm
I wonder if their both down with the swirl...lol

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:22:19 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2009, 10:37:51 pm »
Here is Monica again showing her skills at stealth and information gathering on Nick Fury and the President of the United States. Even a gas filled room is of no distraction to the Lady of Living Energy!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:25:11 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2009, 11:14:42 am »
Here is where Captain Marvel, leader of the Avengers, attempts to help She-Hulk and Dane, the Black Knight clean up debris left over from last issue.  Her assistance doesn't turn out well...
Oh, thanks, Captain. That was a big help!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2009, 06:18:39 pm »
Aw man, look at those beautiful pencils and...is that Tom Palmer inking?  Love that look.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2009, 06:22:06 am »
Aw man, look at those beautiful pencils and...is that Tom Palmer inking?  Love that look.

That's classic Big John Buscema doing his thing, sir.

...and the unmistakable painterly,  inking style of Mr. Tom Palmer. Someday, I'm gonna pick up an Essential Avengers of this run to get the full experience of this creative team.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2009, 10:39:19 am »

That's classic Big John Buscema doing his thing, sir.

...and the unmistakable painterly,  inking style of Mr. Tom Palmer. Someday, I'm gonna pick up an Essential Avengers of this run to get the full experience of this creative team.

Big John is the man...you haven't lived as a comic fan unless you've read Conan the Barbarian and Silver Surfer with John Buscema artwork.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2009, 05:54:20 am »
Big John was one of the most underrated masters in the game.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2009, 04:46:58 pm »
Here is where Captain Marvel, leader of the Avengers, attempts to help She-Hulk and Dane, the Black Knight clean up debris left over from last issue.  Her assistance doesn't turn out well...
Oh, thanks, Captain. That was a big help!

It really is shameful how Marvel treated Monica during that time. Just to take away her leadership roll, they made her look incompetant and unsuited. When some time ago she was being praised for her skills. I'm assuming that was the norm for minority characters, which IMO sucks. >:(

"was one of the BEST moves we EVER made"

next in Monica's fan club was the one and only She-Hulk!

"She MADE it all HAPPEN"

That was one of the reasons why In 1987, after a dispute with editor Mark Gruenwald over upcoming storylines pertaining to Captain Marvel II and The Avengers, Roger Stern and Marvel comics parted ways.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:08:08 pm by Tahdigga »

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2009, 12:29:39 am »
there is NO bigger and better fan on this planet than you, Tah.
nuff respect

Thanks eking! I've been meaning to start a respect thread, but my scanner was down. I got a new one 4 christmas. Yay! ;D

I had the FIRST issue of the short lived Captain Marvel Solo series which came out in 1990 I think. The first issue featured Monica going to the hospital to apologize to Moonstone for 'breaking her neck' and putting her in the hospital during the Masters of Evil Storyline. I remember being so excited at the time because I figured it was going to be a long lasting series. Thanks for brining up such fond memories of childhood...It seemed like the late 80's through early 1990's alot of powerful sistas were getting thier say in comics, Capt Marvel / Pulsar, Storm, the leader of Soveriegn 7 (never read the book) and then things just went flat....And by the way, you're kinda hot in the costume...

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2009, 07:05:04 am »
It really is shameful how Marvel treated Monica during that time. Just to take away her leadership roll, they made her look incompetant and unsuited. When some time ago she was being praised for her skills. I'm assuming that was the norm for minority characters, which IMO sucks. >:(

next in Monica's fan club was the one and only She-Hulk!

"She MADE it all HAPPEN"

That was one of the reasons why In 1987, after a dispute with editor Mark Gruenwald over upcoming storylines pertaining to Captain Marvel II and The Avengers, Roger Stern and Marvel comics parted ways. --- Tahdigga

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply that Monica (Capt. Marvel)  & Jennifer (She-Hulk) resented each other. I only wanted to point out the funny confrontations between the two at the time I was reading The Avengers. Reading that single issue, that one page really stood out after all these years, even at the time I first read it.  So I kept this book for my archives.

I've always felt that the character, Captain Marvel was never really taken seriously since her debut.  Then when she is placed into a leadership role, it really shows. Much like all the Marvel female heroes. However, it's interesting how other characters percieved her.  Like Captain America.  He always projected an exemplary attitude towards minority characters, and it shows in each and every encounter, in the pages you displayed.   
She-Hulk?  Well...  there were times I wonder what was up with her attitude!
Star Fox?  He probably, if not, definetly would want to take her to bed.
Druid?     I don't know much about him as I've never seen him in anything else before.
Thor?     He's pretty much as respectful as Captain America but generally keeps to himself.
Ms. Digga, you're the only person I know of (next to Mr. Hudlin) who actually wants to bring this character to the forefront.

When it comes down to editorial, it comes down to politics;  the manuevering, the positioning and the decision making...  I may not have known what was going on behind the scenes at these comicbook companies but the tension appeared to show in the comic pages. In my humble opinion, I think the reagan era really really began to dominate the standards for everyone and the standards of the previous decade couldn't match wits with the new regime.
Everyone felt it.  I know I did, which is why I (like many) began to lose interest in reading those comics. 

---plus, the price point kept going up every two years and I disliked that, too! ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 07:28:22 am by Battle »