Author Topic: *BREAKING NEWS*  (Read 31173 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
*BREAKING NEWS*
« on: January 15, 2009, 02:56:28 pm »
US Airways plane goes down in Hudson River
NEW YORK (AP) — A US Airways plane has crashed into the Hudson River, sending passengers fleeing for safety in the frigid waters.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown says the plane, an Airbus 320, may have been hit by birds.  Read on, reader...
Yeah, those passenger pigeons have long been a subversive group.
---------------------------

IMO, It is unlikely that a flock of geese or any other south-faring flying birds would be around in brick cold weather like  N.Y.
One of the reasons I don't take airplane flights at huge heights is because the navigation system is installed with computer software; prone to human error.  I mean, back-in-the-day I used to get very frustrated whenever application programs on my PC were shipped with bugs but do I really wanna board a flying tube attached to glider wings, mounted on turbine-powered DC10s  with buggy software?! :-[
This incident will be a clue as to what the Obama Adminstration should look into very VERY closely.  Find out who the software company contracted to this model. In fact, the Obama Administration should find out who each and every contractor to every device, every square inch of this flying stagecoach plus a full scale investigation of the logs and safety proceedures.

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
Re: *BREAKING NEWS*
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:11:57 pm »
Dude... Canadian geese stopped flying south years ago. Even other species of birds are slowing up on the seasonal migration. It's entirely possible.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:06 pm »
Bird strike or bird catch is a reality in flying. But it is odd at this time of the year. Thank heavens the passengers are safe.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:34:35 am »
Dude... Canadian geese stopped flying south years ago. Even other species of birds are slowing up on the seasonal migration. It's entirely possible.

Conjecture!

I'm talkin' flying south of Canada...?  I have seen flocks of Canadian geese here as far as  the Carolina lakes a year and half ago.  yes, it is a rare occurence but I certainly wouldn't rule out engine failure because of one bad line of computer code.  That is also a possiblity.

-also-

Passenger pigeon spokesperson,  "Passenger pigeons were once a plentiful, thriving community. Now exinct by North American hunters since 1914.  We will never forget!"  Read on, reader...

Florence attorney among plane crash survivors

Was Mr. Nunn once a bird hunter?

Mike Nunn, a law partner at Aiken, Bridges, Nunn, Elliott and Tyler Law Firm, was in New York for a deposition and was returning to Florence on that aircraft when it crashed, Glenn Elliott, Nunn’s law partner, said during a telephone interview.

Nunn is a shareholder in Aiken, Bridges, Nunn, Elliott and Tyler, according to the firm’s Web site. He primarily handles business, corporate and complex litigation.

----------------

Hmm-m-m...that plane's destination was Charlotte, North Carolina.  Coincidence?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 08:50:08 am by Battle »

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 09:37:47 am »
Conjecture? Try experience, pal. 20 degrees - which is what the temperature was outside during the plane crash - is hardly frigid. At 20 degrees, you see plenty of birds flying around. And yeah, the migrational patterns have been f*cked up in recent years. And when you are talking about birds as tame and humanized as Canadian geese or NY's famous pigeons that have no fear of anything, it is entirely not out of the realm of possibility. (By the way, man... I'm in southern Ohio and see Canadian geese EVERYWHERE freaking all the time. They don't ever leave.)

Not saying it couldn't be an errant code, but with passenger accounts of a sudden explosion/jolt and a fiery engine, that sounds a bit - I don't know - conjectural. I think the bird theory makes more sense in this case.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 10:33:20 am »
Conjecture? Try experience, pal. 20 degrees - which is what the temperature was outside during the plane crash - is hardly frigid. At 20 degrees, you see plenty of birds flying around. And yeah, the migrational patterns have been f*cked up in recent years. And when you are talking about birds as tame and humanized as Canadian geese or NY's famous pigeons that have no fear of anything, it is entirely not out of the realm of possibility. (By the way, man... I'm in southern Ohio and see Canadian geese EVERYWHERE freaking all the time. They don't ever leave.)

Not saying it couldn't be an errant code, but with passenger accounts of a sudden explosion/jolt and a fiery engine, that sounds a bit - I don't know - conjectural. I think the bird theory makes more sense in this case.

Say, did you know that:

People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are traveling on the thrust of one another?
Likewise, that whenever a flock of Canadian geese  fall out of formation, it suddenly feels drag and the resistance of trying to fly alone, and as a result, quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the other geese immediately in front. 

I'm just sayin...I trust Canadian geese 'cause they're going on about thier business while computer engineers might have other ulterior motives. Those navigational logs, airplane devices and contractors should still be examined more closely.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:46:42 am »
....surfing TV stations, I see apparently where CNN took time out to have a lengthy interview with Dr. Phil  ??? (tickertape below: 'he is a licensed pilot'), with him giving his 2 cents x 10000 on the case, repeatedly showing available film footage.. sigh..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 11:56:25 am »
....surfing TV stations, I see apparently where CNN took time out to have a lengthy interview with Dr. Phil  ??? (tickertape below: 'he is a licensed pilot'), with him giving his 2 cents x 10000 on the case, repeatedly showing available film footage.. sigh..

I think that pilot is an incredibly smart individual.
(applause)

He made a good choice of landing in the river over taking the Airbus further when he ran into trouble on his ascent.  Had he taken that plane past the Hudson River into New Jersey, the damage would have been nothing short of...disasterous. :'(

Smart as a whip.

Deserving of a Presidential Medal of Honor from President-Elect Obama, perhaps...?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:58:52 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:14:20 am »
I know I'm late with this but... does anyone else notice a pattern?

Plane Crash at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport

Lubbock, Texas - a plane, a FedEx ATR-42, which is a cargo twin-turboprop aircraft crashed Tuesday at 4:37 a.m  as reported Jan 27, 2009 at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:20:32 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:22:18 am »
Hero Pilot: Splash Landing Was 'Surreal'
NEW YORK (AP)--- In his first public comments about what it was like to safely land a passenger jet in the Hudson River, US Airways pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger described the ordeal "surreal" and said the silence in the cockpit after both engines lost power was "shocking."

Read on, reader...

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 01:14:12 pm »
are you saying that there is a FRINGE-like PATTERN going on with airliners?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 07:34:03 am »
are you saying that there is a FRINGE-like PATTERN going on with airliners?

Is that like...a t.v.  show or somethin'?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:32 am »
*straps on shin-kickin' boots and proceeds to kick both of Battle's shins*

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 03:01:40 pm »
*straps on shin-kickin' boots and proceeds to kick both of Battle's shins*

(gets kicked in the shin)

OW!!!
...What?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 06:37:33 am »
---Th' hell...!
Continental Flight 3407 Crash
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)- New York state police say a 50-seat commuter plane has crashed into a home in Clarence Center, upstate New York. Fire officials say there were no survivors.
Read on, reader
Hm...  On A Early Friday, 13th Morning.  Who Knew?
----------------
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 06:44:34 am by Battle »