Author Topic: GAMERS THREAD  (Read 133528 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Re: GAMERS THREAD
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:28 am »
I own a 360 and most of the consoles that came before it...I installed a linux operating system on my original Xbox, though.  I don't use live as much anymore since my daughter played field hockey with my wireless adapter. *sigh* 

Jenn

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 09:20:50 am »
Jenn you ain't right ;D Seriously though, what don't you like about the Ps3? MM I'm a Ur fan!

I don't dislike it. I just think it's pointless. Then again, I feel the same way about Madden NFL 2027.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:23 am »
I don't dislike it. I just think it's pointless. Then again, I feel the same way about Madden NFL 2027.

I'm REALLY feeling you on this.  Come on...most game systems have HDDs and massive amounts of storage...it's about time to start only selling Madden Upgrade packs or something.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:33 am »
Hype the ps3 is worth buying just for the Blu-ray capabilities alone

i lub u jenn.
that is the best response to ps3 ppl EVAR!!
 ;D

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 03:59:04 pm »
there he goes again...master hate! ;D

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 04:34:58 pm »
Sony lost me as a consumer with their over priced system. Also someone told me the earlier versions of the PS3 wasn't backwards compatible. :o

I was on board for 1 and 2, but...meh, I'm going with Microsoft, and I'm still looking for a NEW Nintendo not used Jenn ;), although I did hear that the selection of games are not up to par.

Most of the WII games have been getting low gaming scores. So far I've played WII sports (I'm loving the tennis) and Bratz, with ma gurl Bunny Boo :)  I haven't really heard of any exclusives coming to the system. I don't know if it's really worth getting, with all the negatives I've been hearing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:44:28 pm by Tahdigga »

Jenn

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 05:08:50 pm »

I'm REALLY feeling you on this.  Come on...most game systems have HDDs and massive amounts of storage...it's about time to start only selling Madden Upgrade packs or something.

Yes. YES!!!

But Nintendo is getting greedy, too. Okay, you have the Wii and the Wii remote. But you also need the Wii Nunchuck. And to play MarioKart, you need the Wii Wheel. Now, do you think I'm going to need this wheel for any other game except this one? There's also a bunch of other stupid looking white plastic sh*t they call 'accessories'. Come ON, now. I'm still trying to figure out how to play my Game Cube games with this f*cking remote!

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 06:25:16 pm »
I had to send my 360 back to microsoft because the red rings froze the game drama the system has and by all accounts the new systems still have that problem, I do have the backwards compatible ps3 and that is now hard to find but honestly I just started playing games on it, I have had it for about 8 months but just hooked it up 2 weeks ago I had to wait to get my hands on a universal system selector

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 06:30:08 pm »
i, too, got the red rings of death but they fixed my system and it is good as new.
i love my 360...and with netflix streaming on my 'box...i love it even more.
i even dig my avatar...i cant wait until they integrate that into some real gaming...
shucks...give me a track and field type xbla game using my avatar and i'm cool.

and the ps3 isnt totally backwards compatible...there are ps1 and 2 games that the machine will not read.
just like the xbox. no one really needs bc but microsoft catered to the fans and made patches on the 360 so everyone could play most of the xbox 1 games.
but for the big time games...well, they turned those games into $15 downloads (like gta3:san andreas and the vin diesel pitch black game)

and wii? that thing prints money...no real exclusives...not for hardcore gamers...just casual crowd...oh, with kids and old folks homes hoggin' 'em all up, it's gonna be hard to find a system.

real talk.
wanna talk gaming?
holla at ya boy!

xbox 360 4 life!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Jenn

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »
...not for hardcore gamers...

Neither is paying for the same game eight times. Besides, hardcore games play PC games and spend more money on their gaming keyboards than you EVER will on a 360.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 06:40:03 pm »
???

i'm the world's biggest anti-madden person.
the last time i played and enjoyed madden was on the super nintendo.

once NFL 2K came out for the dreamcast, i was hooked.
they changed the game.

f*** what u heard, madden and ea killed the dreamcast.
they refused to put a game out on sega's system.
madden and playstation became synonymous.
so i h8 them both.

i'm still on a madden strike.
i only have a madden 07 game because my cousin gave me his so he could buy 08... f*** 'em!
f*** madden!
f*** EA!

i miss the 2K series.
i mourn the early death of the Dreamcast.

and yes, PC owners are the original hardcore players... but the 'box is doing its darnedest to take away the PC's FPS players and now their point and click RTS players.

i luv my 360

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 06:44:19 pm »
That alienware is the ish! my sister isn't a gamer at all but she just picked up a Wii and i got to play the bowling/boxing games it was fun to play but definitely lighter than either the 360/ps3. I know the ps3 won't play all p2 games cuz I just sold my Marvel vs Capcom game

Offline Cheirel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 06:55:18 pm »
dang it I'm the geriatric mommy of the board so of course I have wii. I love knocking people out on the boxing game, so far I'm undefeated.

Kiddie has a b'day coming maybe I'll get her one these other games you guys love so much, but then that's one more thing to buy later uhmm buy idea...But Jenn  kinda persuaded me with the they play Dvds

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »
every current gen system plays cds and dvds (...does the wii? which is just a suped up gamecube)

Jenn

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 08:10:07 pm »
I think it does. I've never bothered to check.

That alienware is the ish!

Maaaaan, f*ck THAT noise. Do you know how much dick you have to suck to afford Alienware? Shiiiiiiit, I can take my jawn and write ALIENWARE on the side and it'll work just as well. Trust me, just learn how to build your own PC. You'll get WAY more bang for your buck that way.