Author Topic: GAMERS THREAD  (Read 414512 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: GAMERS THREAD
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »
HOLY sh*t I'M Sooo Geekin Out NERDGASM!!!

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2010, 07:22:09 am »
HOLY sh*t I'M Sooo Geekin Out NERDGASM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6U7jZ-qMfI&feature=related

I have seen the face of the video game GOD!!!!!  *melting*

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #407 on: August 06, 2010, 11:25:45 am »
MvC3 Thor

Everyone been wairing for him and now we got'em...nuff said.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 06, 2010, 12:00:00 pm »
I have seen the face of the video game GOD!!!!!  *melting*
yOU JUST DONT' KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM! This was the sh*t I always wanted as little kid. AND NOW IT HAS COME TO PASS

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:45 am »
downloaded scott pilgrim on the ps3,  old school beat em up.  It was  pretty tight
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 11, 2010, 09:58:39 am »
Last night...I lost a great friend.  I spent countless hours of companionship and enjoyment with this friend.  I sat down in my chair, pressed the X on the controller...3 Red Lights of Death!!!!!  ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!  Yes, my Xbox is gone, but I'm going to try and Winter Soldier him this weekend.  Wish me luck!  :'(

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #411 on: August 11, 2010, 02:57:39 pm »
downloaded scott pilgrim on the ps3,  old school beat em up.  It was  pretty tight

evil ps3. that aint right. glad 2 know it's a good movie.

Last night...I lost a great friend.  I spent countless hours of companionship and enjoyment with this friend.  I sat down in my chair, pressed the X on the controller...3 Red Lights of Death!!!!!  ARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!  Yes, my Xbox is gone, but I'm going to try and Winter Soldier him this weekend.  Wish me luck!  :'(

Good luck brother! i'm sooo sorry to hear that. i hated it when i got my first (and only) RROD.  (have u considered the new slim xbox with the 250gig HD?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 11, 2010, 08:21:25 pm »

evil ps3. that aint right. glad 2 know it's a good movie.

Good luck brother! i'm sooo sorry to hear that. i hated it when i got my first (and only) RROD.  (have u considered the new slim xbox with the 250gig HD?

I considered it...but my wife and two kids decided they wanted silly things like food and shelter! LOL  ;D

Offline Afro Samurai

• THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 11, 2010, 09:52:19 pm »
Saw 2 the videogame is coming out and you play as a black man again. I am mad hype for this.......I need to get 360 back.
INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIPS IS A SIN!!!!!! YOU'LL DIE QUICKER AND ALSO BURN IN HELL. THOSE ARE THE FACTS, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »
...and for you gamers!!!  BAMM!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2010, 02:19:23 pm »

Battle Report:

Here are two really, really good Starcraft 2 players in a televised competitive match...

Matt Cooper   Vs.  David Kim

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2010, 05:52:16 am »
HALO REACH NINJAS!!!!

I had to decline a basketball game with my co-workers to play this. (note i dont play FPS)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2010, 07:52:35 am »
This head to head thing reminds me of the old Starcade TV show from the 80s.  I wonder if it has a chance at a comeback due to the huge video game market now.

Battle Report:

Here are two really, really good Starcraft 2 players in a televised competitive match...

Matt Cooper   Vs.  David Kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUpRonvuqw&feature=fvw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 16, 2010, 09:49:24 am »
This head to head thing reminds me of the old Starcade TV show from the 80s.  I wonder if it has a chance at a comeback due to the huge video game market now.

Starcade TV show from the 80s?   Was that a Saturday morning program or something?

As you probably already know, video game competitions have always existed as far as I can remember;  Back-in-th'-day, I knew a brotha in my high school who won a prize in a video game competition for staying on the Atari 2600 Asteroids version on the highest setting for several hours against several opponents...  His prize, an Atari 5200 game console. ;D
I knew this other guy who could turnover the score multiple times on the coin-operated version of Space Invaders Deluxe and Defender for several hours.  See, back in those day, it was all about defeating the computer AI now it's all about defeating other human players.  ...And all that arcade style, gaming excitement has shifted online into virtual worlds.

I do know that the online video game market has become fiercely competitive mainly because there's prize money involved;  I'm talking a take-home check of $30,000.00+ from some rumors.  Some players have actually made a career of this.

What I was hoping for, was that a forum member here would enter one of those Blizzard Entertainment sponsored events and represent as "HEF" or I dunno... "The Wakandans"  or something but I don't think anyone here is as good as the worst player you'd find at battle dot net.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:10:16 am by Battle »

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:43 am »
This head to head thing reminds me of the old Starcade TV show from the 80s.  I wonder if it has a chance at a comeback due to the huge video game market now.

Starcade TV show from the 80s?   Was that a Saturday morning program or something?

As you probably already know, video game competitions have always existed as far as I can remember;  Back-in-th'-day, I knew a brotha in my high school who won a prize in a video game competition for staying on the Atari 2600 Asteroids version on the highest setting for several hours against several opponents...  His prize, an Atari 7800 game console. ;D
I knew this other guy who could turnover the score multiple times on the coin-operated version of Space Invaders Deluxe and Defender for several hours.  See, back in those day, it was all about defeating the computer AI now it's all about defeating other human players.  ...And all that arcade style, gaming excitement has shifted online into virtual worlds.

I do know that the online video game market has become fiercely competitive mainly because there's prize money involved;  I'm talking a take-home check of $30,000.00+ from some rumors.  Some players have actually made a career of this.

What I was hoping for, was that a forum member here would enter one of those Blizzard Entertainment sponsored events and represent as "HEF" or I dunno... "The Wakandans"  or something but I don't think anyone here is as good as the worst player you'd find at battle dot net.

I think you're right about that.  My days of video game dominance are behind me...and that's a stark, cold reality to admit!  ;D  I was a monster on Street Fighter back in the day, won a mall SF tournament in Jacksonville, FL when I was on a visit to my brother back in 1992.  And I used to routinely take on all comers in our Student Union and at the local arcades.  Made a lot of loot that supplemented my income while a struggling college student to boot!  Now a days...I never even go online to play on Xbox Live (cancelled my subscription) and I haven't played a competitive FPS or strategy PC game online in years.  Now it's all about the personal enjoyment of the game...or that's what I tell myself!  :'( ;D  Anyhow, now that I think about it, doesn't G4TV televise a few gaming tournaments throughout the year?