Author Topic: GAMERS THREAD  (Read 238166 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe MMO coming! (again!)
« Reply #480 on: May 01, 2011, 10:30:23 am »
...what type of computer and peripherals do I need to experience MMO to the utmost?

To get optimal performance, you're gonna need, as far as, computer processor specs...    ...a dual core or quad core Intel CPU, a 3D video card with (at least 1) gigabytes of video ram, 4 gigabytes of ram for the Operating System (Windows i7) itelf, a fast hard drive with lots and lots of terrabyte space capacity.  The works.  Essentially, a hot rod PC.

also...

To get optimal online performance, you're gonna need a wireless, DSL, ethernet  Internet Service Provider.

You have all of these 'things', internet latency will never be an issue.   

What will be an issue are the eventual online cheaters that exploit glaring flaws in the program, hackers and bullies that will ruin the experience for the casual, novice gamer; it'll be fun for the 1st month or so, then the game will be ruined by online pyschos.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: GAMERS THREAD
« Reply #481 on: May 01, 2011, 01:52:53 pm »
Any $400 dual core desktop PC will play most (if not all) of the MMO's out there.  They are not graphics- intensive for good reason.  Most MMO's are scaled to play on computers with integrated graphics chips, so any discrete graphics card will play them.  And I agree totally with Battle that if your broadband connection is not stable, with low latency, then no amount of hardware is gong to offset the horrible experience of laggish gameplay.

Start with a dedicated broadband connection of at least 3-5 MB DL speed and at least 1 MB Upload speed, and build from there.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 10, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »
Anybody planning on picking up L.A. Noire when it comes out?  I know it's been over-hyped for the last month or so, but I'm a bit of a sucker for a good detective story.

I took advantage of a game trade-in and pre-ordered for a $5 and some change so I figure I can't go too wrong. 

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #484 on: May 14, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

I want to see a new Punisher game. With all of the various military/future-warfare themed stuff that's coming out, you'd think there would be an ongoing Punisher vid-game franchise..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 22, 2011, 07:01:29 am »
GeekLand!
Blizzard Entertainment goes DisneyLand in China
Before and possibly After

According to Huffington Post, the rumors of Blizzard Entertainment constructing a theme park in the Wunjin district, China are becoming more and more realized.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/22/joyland-blizzard-theme-pa_n_826924.html#s244532&title=Joyland_Concept_Art

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 23, 2011, 06:14:04 am »
My next game will probably be duke nuke em.    I just picked up crisis 2 on the cheap from amazon.   I am getting infamous 2 too.   

Anybody playing Brink?
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 23, 2011, 11:34:18 am »
Gamers have been waiting for over a decade for a new Duke Nukem game, Gooch.   Just from demonstration videos I've seen, the game is repeating everything that was exciting about classic Duke only with super-enhanced graphics.

...but What is Brink about?  Looks like just another first-person shooter.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 26, 2011, 12:36:29 pm »
A Conversation with Keith Robinson, pt. 1;  Mr. Robinson was one of the original Intellivision programmers.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 27, 2011, 02:59:08 pm »
My next game will probably be duke nuke em.

Oh my goodness!   I just saw the trailer for Duke Nukem Forever!

You've got to be kidding me...
Kissing underage girls?!  Actual urine when Duke takes a leak...?!  ;D  Boobies?!   The developers are definetly going for the  'over-the-top' shock value stuff... :-[

Here's Jace Hall interviewing the creators of Duke Nukem Forever when it was in development

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:20:24 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 28, 2011, 01:51:23 pm »
Not All Video Games Are 'Fun N' Games'!
Chinese Slave Camp Prisoners Are Forced To Play World Of Warcraft
Worst. Punishment. Ever.

Here's one prisoner's testimony:

"Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labour," Liu Dali told the Guardian. "There were 300 prisoners forced to play games. We worked 12-hour shifts in the camp. I heard them say they could earn 5,000-6,000rmb [470-570] a day. We didn't see any of the money. The computers were never turned off."

...it was the forced online gaming that was the most surreal part of his imprisonment. The hard slog may have been virtual, but the punishment for falling behind was real.

"If I couldn't complete my work quota, they would punish me physically. They would make me stand with my hands raised in the air and after I returned to my dormitory they would beat me with plastic pipes. We kept playing until we could barely see things," he said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*UGH*

Imagine having to play only Blizzard Entertainment games as punishment... forever.

Brrr-r-r-r-r...!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:19:52 pm by Battle »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 28, 2011, 04:53:07 pm »
Ironically I've downloaded the trial so far lol
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 28, 2011, 05:55:37 pm »
First it was conflict diamonds, now its slave labor Warcraft magic items.

Yikes.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 28, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »
First it was conflict diamonds, now its slave labor Warcraft magic items.

Yikes.

I know it's not funny but...  damn...  This is what the world has come to.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:52:21 pm by Battle »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 29, 2011, 06:58:37 am »
I can see where this "torture" comes from. The game is drag and boring. I know my character is only lvl 4 but dayum i just cant see me paying money for this
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.