Author Topic: GAMERS THREAD  (Read 445694 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: GAMERS THREAD
« Reply #705 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »
damn man!

Just purchased parts for my new gaming rig...its gonna be a BEAST! Along with a new 27 inch monitor.  ;D

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 19, 2013, 04:11:57 pm »
damn man!

Just purchased parts for my new gaming rig...its gonna be a BEAST! Along with a new 27 inch monitor.  ;D

Sounds like you have a case of 'hot rod syndrome'!

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2013, 01:01:12 pm »

*snort* Mine is bigger than yours. 47 inches, baby. (Bend over.)  :P

Also, if you're not playing Dishonored yet, SHAME ON YOU. GO GET THAT SHYT.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2013, 02:43:12 pm »

*snort* Mine is bigger than yours. 47 inches, baby. (Bend over.)  :P

Also, if you're not playing Dishonored yet, SHAME ON YOU. GO GET THAT SHYT.

I bow to your 47 inches Max.  Will check it out with the new system.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 23, 2013, 01:55:02 am »
Can players now explore the Homeworld planets?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 27, 2013, 08:25:05 am »

...but I didn't shoot the Deputy

Saw the fifth installment of the popular Fallout series, FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS on markdown and decided to give it a try.  Was not disappointed at all at this faithful, 3-D re-imagining of a possible post-apocalyptic world, recreated as a role-playing game is quite a different perspective from its classic, 2-D roots.

For those that don't know, the Fallout series flips the whole medieval 'Dungeons & Dragons' role-playing universe on its head, turning the genre into a quirky wild, wild American Western-style role-playing experience.  Instead of wielding small swords, your character would be equipped with a machete. Instead of  wielding bows & arrows, your character would be equipped with a gun. Instead of encountering large spiders out in the woods, there would be encounters with large scorpions in the desert.   Get it?

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 28, 2013, 03:52:12 pm »
My boyfriend broke up with me over Dishonored.

No, really.

This needs some background: Dishonored is a game where you are a bodyguard who was framed for the murder of the empress (hence the title). Once you're free, you can either stand by your morals or go berzerk and kill everybody. Low body count = low chaos. High body count = high chaos, meaning more guards and more rats. (The rats carry the plague & can kill you in a swarm.)

Dishonored "Rat Problems" HD

There is also the matter of achievements, and I got two huge ones in one runthrough: Shadow, meaning that I made it through all nine missions without alerting a single enemy, and Clean Hands, meaning that I did not kill a single enemy. Another major one is Art Dealer, where you find all 11 Sololov paintings (located in the most random obscure-as-sh*t locations) Both are difficult and require a sh*tload of going back to an old save. Worse, you cannot go back and redo a mission unless you redo all the missions that come after it. In my case, I botched mission #2 and planned to go back to later, only to find out that I couldn't, and had to redo levels 2-6.

Even worse than that, you don't know if you actually made it to the end w/o detecting or killing anyone until the very end of the mission. Imagine spending nearly two hours on a mission only to find that you accidentally killed someone, which is VERY easy to do. (Usually because you left a sleeping body somewhere and it got eaten by rats.)

According to Steam, it took me a whopping 52 hours to finish this game the way I wanted to. So naturally, on the second go-through, I'm killing everybody. I get to use all the cool weapons this time that I couldn't use last time. Grenades! Spring razors! Ho, what does this bolt do? Oh, it lights sh*t on fire? Like people? Cool! Hey, did you know that you could blow people up, then attack other people with body parts? Neither did I! WHEEEEEEEE!!!! I went from killing nobody in nine missions to killing 41 hostiles in the first mission. That's the one BEFORE you even get any of your cool weapons.

It seems that killing hookers was what did it for him. Now, in my defense, I wasn't trying to kill the hookers. I do my best to make sure I don't harm any civilians. See, in low chaos, you can render people unconscious by choking them from behind (or hitting them w/a sleep dart), but every time I got behind a civilian to do the chokeout (because the stupid motherf*ckers are always screaming for help when I'm trying to save their sorry lives), they would get stabbed in the neck instead because I kept hitting RT instead of RB. (I think I was just tired.) There was one ho who was steamed to death when I was killing a targeted enemy, and I felt really bad about that, but again...there's no way to lure away the survivors.

Dishonored - High Chaos Steam Assassination (Morgan Pendleton)

Anyway, we got into a big fight about it and he started talking about my disturbing psycho tendencies, blah blah blah. We weren't really getting along to begin with - this was all part of my "get out and date more people" phase - but this irks the sh*t out of me somewhat. We were never compatible, and I said so from the start. I hate it when dudes pick silly fights in order to be able to say "I broke it off with her, not the other way around!" #whatevernigga

Regardless, I cannot recommend Dishonored enough. Not only will you come up with fascinating ways to both kill AND not kill people, it will apparently keep punk bitches at an arm's length. Four stars!

13 Ways to Die - Dishonored
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:22:10 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:00 am »
Back-in-th'-day, Virgin Interactive Entertainment published a computer role-playing video game called Land Of Lore: The Throne Of Chaos narrated by a certain Hollywood actor from the Star Trek: The Next Generation television show.

Can You Guess Who This Hollywood Actor Is?

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #713 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:08 am »
My boyfriend broke up with me over Dishonored.

No, really.

This needs some background: Dishonored is a game where you are a bodyguard who was framed for the murder of the empress (hence the title). Once you're free, you can either stand by your morals or go berzerk and kill everybody. Low body count = low chaos. High body count = high chaos, meaning more guards and more rats. (The rats carry the plague & can kill you in a swarm.)

Dishonored "Rat Problems" HD

LOL! Best game review ever!

There is also the matter of achievements, and I got two huge ones in one runthrough: Shadow, meaning that I made it through all nine missions without alerting a single enemy, and Clean Hands, meaning that I did not kill a single enemy. Another major one is Art Dealer, where you find all 11 Sololov paintings (located in the most random obscure-as-sh*t locations) Both are difficult and require a sh*tload of going back to an old save. Worse, you cannot go back and redo a mission unless you redo all the missions that come after it. In my case, I botched mission #2 and planned to go back to later, only to find out that I couldn't, and had to redo levels 2-6.

Even worse than that, you don't know if you actually made it to the end w/o detecting or killing anyone until the very end of the mission. Imagine spending nearly two hours on a mission only to find that you accidentally killed someone, which is VERY easy to do. (Usually because you left a sleeping body somewhere and it got eaten by rats.)

According to Steam, it took me a whopping 52 hours to finish this game the way I wanted to. So naturally, on the second go-through, I'm killing everybody. I get to use all the cool weapons this time that I couldn't use last time. Grenades! Spring razors! Ho, what does this bolt do? Oh, it lights sh*t on fire? Like people? Cool! Hey, did you know that you could blow people up, then attack other people with body parts? Neither did I! WHEEEEEEEE!!!! I went from killing nobody in nine missions to killing 41 hostiles in the first mission. That's the one BEFORE you even get any of your cool weapons.

It seems that killing hookers was what did it for him. Now, in my defense, I wasn't trying to kill the hookers. I do my best to make sure I don't harm any civilians. See, in low chaos, you can render people unconscious by choking them from behind (or hitting them w/a sleep dart), but every time I got behind a civilian to do the chokeout (because the stupid motherf*ckers are always screaming for help when I'm trying to save their sorry lives), they would get stabbed in the neck instead because I kept hitting RT instead of RB. (I think I was just tired.) There was one ho who was steamed to death when I was killing a targeted enemy, and I felt really bad about that, but again...there's no way to lure away the survivors.

Dishonored - High Chaos Steam Assassination (Morgan Pendleton)

Anyway, we got into a big fight about it and he started talking about my disturbing psycho tendencies, blah blah blah. We weren't really getting along to begin with - this was all part of my "get out and date more people" phase - but this irks the sh*t out of me somewhat. We were never compatible, and I said so from the start. I hate it when dudes pick silly fights in order to be able to say "I broke it off with her, not the other way around!" #whatevernigga

Regardless, I cannot recommend Dishonored enough. Not only will you come up with fascinating ways to both kill AND not kill people, it will apparently keep punk bitches at an arm's length. Four stars!

13 Ways to Die - Dishonored
"Happiness is dancing when the drumming is good."

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 03, 2013, 09:46:58 am »
Funny how I swing from one extreme to the other...

Wii U - New Super Mario Bros. U E3 Trailer

Wii U - New Super Luigi U E3 Trailer
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:49:00 am by Maxine Shaw »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »
so has anyone played the online  Marvel heroes?  Is it cool at all?  how difficult is it to work controls on a PC? you have to use a joystick, yes?

...if you've never owned a PS3, Wii or X360, should you just wait until the next ones come out?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 13, 2013, 06:45:53 am »
The only way that I am gonna pay 400 bucks for a new system is if somebody holds a gun to my head.
I've done the early adopter=sucker thing too many times already.

400 dollar systems and 60 dollar games to me equals slow sales over the holiday.
Why should a gamer buy a new system now when they can just buy GTA 5 or Lightning Returns for the systems they already have?

They are gonna have discount these systems once they see how slow sales are and the guys who
ran out to buy them that first month or so are gonna feel like kicking themselves. 

I'd pick up a PS3 or Xbox 360 now because they are now under 300 bucks but that is it.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:33 am »
The only way that I am gonna pay 400 bucks for a new system is if somebody holds a gun to my head.

400 dollar systems and 60 dollar games to me equals slow sales over the holiday.
Why should a gamer buy a new system now when they can just buy GTA 5 or Lightning Returns for the systems they already have?

They are gonna have discount these systems once they see how slow sales are and the guys who
ran out to buy them that first month or so are gonna feel like kicking themselves. 

I'd pick up a PS3 or Xbox 360 now because they are now under 300 bucks but that is it.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:23 am »

One of the selling points of the Playstation 2 when it first came out was that it can be connected to a video cassette recorder, high definition television, can run digital video discs, contained a hard drive, the controllers featured force-feedback, 3 dimensional graphics capability, some of the games were backwards compatible with the original Playstation, the list goes on and on.

Same attraction for the XBOX (actually a markdown and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic sold me  ;)).  Gamecube was in its own world with less features.

Fast  forward to today...

The speculated hardware specifications for the Playstation 4 goes beyond what I thought possible for a console system.  This is ain't Atari 2600! ;D
Check it out:
CPU: AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 [bit] 8 Core processor

GPU: Next-Gen AMD Radeon pushing 1.84 TerraFLOPS

RAM: 8GB GDDRS

RAM bandwith: 176 GB/sec

Communication: Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1

Audio/Video: HDMI, analog AV out, digital optical out

Would any of you people pay for that?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:48:22 am by Battle »

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #719 on: September 13, 2013, 12:21:01 pm »
I've had the PS1 and 2 but now just play with the Emulators for the PC with all the games.  Yea, I'm "that" guy.