Author Topic: GAMERS THREAD  (Read 208282 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: GAMERS THREAD
« Reply #975 on: January 08, 2019, 01:23:00 pm »

Ever since the announcement of a new game in the Alien series, the disapproval count on YouTube grew exponentially within hours.

Just sayin'... :-\

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 08, 2019, 08:20:16 pm »

Some actual gameplay footage. Alien: Blackout certainly looks good. I wouldn't mind playing it on the PS Vita.

Would You Like To See More?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 12, 2019, 05:26:19 am »
Friday, 11th December 2019

How ‘Alien: Blackout’ Fits Into ‘Alien: Isolation,’ Perhaps ‘Alien: Isolation 2’
by Brian Crecente

“Alien: Blackout” feels like a game made for on-the-go gadgets, delivering a tense experience through its platform of choice in a way that better draws players into the xenophobic world of Amanda Ripley.

That the game — which many hoped would be a sequel to computer and console title “Alien: Isolation” — was made for smartphone and tablet feels like a choice driven by the experience, rather than some cash grab for the biggest audience possible.

“We realized that we had a concept that we can do on mobile and designed it on mobile day one,” Jukka Laakso, CEO and co-founder of developer Rival Games, told Variety earlier this week. “It is something that captures the feel of the first movie.”

Specifically, TQ Jefferson, vice president of external development at FoxNext, said they took inspiration from one of the scariest moments of that 1979 movie.

“There is this great scene in the first movie where Tom Skerritt is in one of the ducts and he has a motion sensor on him,” Jefferson said.

“And they’re walking him through the ducts saying, ‘Go here. Go there.’ They say, ‘Wait, stop, it’s on top of you.’

It’s an incredible scene where he’s saying, ‘I’m not seeing it,’ and it’s getting closer and closer and then it’s on him and he turns around and it’s right there.

It’s a jump scare, one of the best scares of the film.

“That is how we ratchet up the tension in the game and the jump scares.”

In our time with the game, spent playing “Alien: Blackout” on an iPad, we were able to play through the first couple of missions of the game.

The set-up is that you play as Amanda Ripley, daughter of Ellen Ripley.

The game actually takes place in the same universe as the films and as “Alien: Isolation” and even has the same voice actor for Amanda Ripley.

Specifically, it takes place some time after that game, though Jefferson notes that there are no specific time mentions, so we don’t know just how long after “Isolation” it takes place.

“There is room for an ‘Isolation 2,’” he said, “Or beyond that.

We know fans are really excited about ‘Isolation 2,’ so we’re not going to dash that opportunity.

When we started this project we thought about things like, is this going to get in the way of ‘Isolation 2’?”

He added that “Isolation 2” is currently not in development.

The game opens on a ship unknowingly docking with the station for repairs only to discover they’re trapped there with the xenomorph.

It’s the player’s job as Ripley to guide the four crew members through the levels of the station to retrieve the parts they need to repair the ship and escape, with Ripley.

The gameplay chiefly takes place through the interface that Ripley is using while hiding in the ductwork to avoid the Alien. The device, which happens to look a lot like a tablet, is connected to the system’s cameras, door controls, and motion detectors.

It also allows Ripley to direct the team members.

Players use the top down schematic view of the floor the crew is on to open doors, turn on motion sensors and view cameras with taps on the screen.

Players can use power to activate up to five things at once: any assortment of motion sensors and doors.

They can also tap between cameras at will, or just use the map view to see the dots where crew members are located.

The alien only shows up if seen through a camera or when spotted by a crew member — who is often screaming and running — or on a motion sensor when they move.

Touching on a crew member also brings up commands to hurry or sneak, hide or come out of hiding, stop or go. A player can also draw on the screen to show where to head.

The problem is that the more you issue direct commands to a crew member, the more noise you make. The more noise you make, the greater the possibility that the Alien will stop hunting those hapless crewmembers and instead turn its attention to you.

This is where things get a little more interesting.

As you play the game, focused on the tablet in Ripley’s hands, you can also tap to drop out of that view and into a first-person view of Ripley as she sits in the ductwork by a door.

If the Alien is coming, you’ll hear it and maybe even catch some movements. When that happens, players need to manually close the door to protect Ripley or it’s...

---game over, man.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://variety.com/2019/gaming/features/alien-blackout-hands-on-1203105507/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:27:57 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 23, 2019, 03:34:19 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 10, 2019, 12:08:14 pm »
2018 CLASSIC TETRIS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Joseph Saelee vs Jonas Neubauer

This is the true definition of a classic puzzle-strategy game where you can find the world's best Tetris players going head-to-head for the World Championship title!

In the 1990 Nintendo World Championship competition, Tetris was the game to beat.

The winner, Thor Aackerlund, is still seen by many as the best to have ever played.

Today’s Classic Tetris tournaments are played on that same version of Nintendo Tetris, using original NES game systems, controllers, and Tetris cartridges.

In 2009, a player named Harry Hong became the first to achieve the highest possible score of 999,999 points.

Inspired by this achievement, filmmaker Adam Cornelius produced a short film about Harry called “Max-Out”, and launched a Kickstarter campaign to document the world of competitive Tetris.

As word of Adam’s Kickstarter campaign spread, rumors of max-out scores from other Tetris Masters began to surface, threatening the supremacy of Harry’s achievement.

With the help of Nintendo World Championship veteran Robin Mihara, Adam searched for all of the Tetris Masters he could find.

Jonas Neubauer emerged as an early max-out artist, along with the elusive original champ Thor Aackerlund.

The idea of bringing these and other NES Tetris Masters together to compete in a live tournament became an obvious and irresistible proposition which was artfully captured in the 2010 feature length documentary Ecstasy of Order: The Tetris Masters.

Under the leadership of producer Vince Clemente, The Classic Tetris World Championship is currently held at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, an annual event which has hosted the tournament since 2012.

Chuck Van Pelt and his organizing committee have built the PRGE into the largest classic gaming expo in the country, drawing around 9000 attendees.

Every year the scores get higher.

Rivalries are revisited once again, and new players emerge to challenge the old guard.

Over 30 players have maxed out the score now.

Will you be the next?

Commentary by James Chen and Chris Tang.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 10, 2019, 03:40:30 pm »
 ;D "Man... now you know why no one likes blizzard entertainment."
Bane wants to know whether gamers have phones or not?

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:03:00 am by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 15, 2019, 06:26:07 am »
Mortal Kombat 11 is an upcoming fighting video game developed by NetherRealm Studios.

Check out Jade's new look, fighting moves & weapons!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:49:42 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 15, 2019, 03:08:01 pm »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 18, 2019, 02:36:02 pm »
Top 10 NEW Open World Games of 2019

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 18, 2019, 01:08:00 pm »
Monday, 18th March 2019
Carlos Santana destroyed a TV when he found Phillies players playing 'Fortnite' during a game
by Liz Roscher

In Gabe Kapler’s first year managing the young Philadelphia Phillies, he emphasized that he wanted the players to police the clubhouse.

Turns out that last point might have been a little harder to execute than he thought — at least at the end of the season.

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported that former Phillies first baseman Carlos Santana got so angry that several of his teammates were playing “Fortnite” in the clubhouse during a game that he smashed a TV with his bat.

According to Passan, the incident happened on September 28 during a long losing streak.

Santana had seen several teammates playing “Fortnite” in the clubhouse during the game, and so he decided to smash the TV to put an end to that, and to send the players a message.

"I see a couple players -- I don't want to say names -- they play video games during the game," Santana told ESPN.

"We come and lose too many games, and I feel like they weren't worried about it. Weren't respecting their teammates or coaches or the staff or the [front] office. It's not my personality. But I'm angry because I want to make it good."

The season was almost over at that point, but the team was frustrated.

They were on a nine-game losing streak, having played themselves out of playoff contention weeks ago.

Guys were checked out mentally.

There were also a lot players who had joined the team when the rosters expanded from 25 to 40 at the start of September.

With so many minor leaguers up in the majors, some for the very first time, keeping a handle on clubhouse culture may have been more difficult.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/carlos-santana-destroyed-a-tv-when-he-found-phillies-players-playing-fortnite-during-a-game/ar-BBUV3wR?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 20, 2019, 10:16:18 am »
Wednesday, 20th March 2019
Le’Veon Bell on Steelers: 'They don’t treat you like you’re human'
by Mike Florio

Running back Le'Veon Bell won his freedom from the Steelers by taking a stand and sitting out a full season. Now that he’s a member of the Jets, Bell reflected on the mindset of the team that made him a second-round pick in the 2013 draft.

“Pittsburgh is a great organization,” Bell told Jenny Vrentas of SI.com.

“They’ve got a great owner, head coach. They kind of treat you like — they don’t treat you like you’re human. What I mean by that is like, yeah, I’m an NFL athlete, but still I’m a human being. You know what I’m saying? I still play video games, I still make music. They don’t want to allow you to be yourself. They want you to be, if you’re a Steelers, you’re literally playing football 24/7. You’re not supposed to be playing video games and like making music, playing basketball. You’re not supposed to be doing that. You’re supposed to be working out.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/leveon-bell-on-steelers-they-dont-treat-you-like-youre-human/ar-BBV0vx6?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #986 on: March 21, 2019, 02:37:48 pm »
For 14 millions a year, Ill play football...and not bitch one bit.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 21, 2019, 05:05:02 pm »

What if you are seriously injured in football?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2019, 06:43:49 pm »

What if you are seriously injured in football?

That's a good question.  A lot of jobs out there as dangerous or more so that pay a fraction of that.   :(   Its a chance I take when signing that dotted line.  Just like in Junior High, High School and College.  They are dangerous too but I still played...for free.   ;D

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 22, 2019, 08:48:05 am »
That's a good question.  A lot of jobs out there as dangerous or more so that pay a fraction of that.   :(   Its a chance I take when signing that dotted line.  Just like in Junior High, High School and College.  They are dangerous too but I still played...for free.   ;D

The point I'm making is that Mr. Le'Veon Bell feels that his freedoms are restricted playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

He wasn't allowed to play video games (which is normal).   

He wasn't allowed to create music (which is normal). 

He has expressed that the owners made him feel as if they wanted a mindless football-playing automaton.

However, playing for the Jets, his freedoms are realized.

Besides, 14 million doesn't pay like it used to nowadays.