Poll

What comic book series would you like to see Mr. Reginald Hudlin write?

Luke Cage
6 (28.6%)
Black Lightning
0 (0%)
An Avengers title
0 (0%)
Monica aka Pulsar
6 (28.6%)
Boomerang (romantic comedy comic series)
0 (0%)
Monarchs (Wakanda behind the scenes & how they interact with the other Kings & Queens of the Marvel U)
2 (9.5%)
Other
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Hard Choices: Mr. Hudlin's Next Comic  (Read 22481 times)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Choices: Mr. Hudlin's Next Comic
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 06:08:14 pm »
Wakandan X: Storm directs a set of international black ops/espionage  teams to do Wakandan/mutant business, consisting of various operatives such as :Rogue, Nightcrawler, Malice, Psylocke, Bro Voodoo, Kasper Kole, Quicksilver, Mystique, Monica Rambeau, Colossus, Sunfire, Dust, White Tiger, Gambit.

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »
Like to see Reg do some off the wall sh!t of his own, something like a Millarverse or like Bendis' Powers.  Go indy with ICON or Image or something, where he has creative rights and owns his own sh!t.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

moneyspider

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 02:27:44 pm »
Can't we just call the "Monarchs" book "Wakanda?" Sort of like "Dallas" or "Knots Landing"...but only the series is set in Wakanda. T'Challa and Ororo head the Royal Family, and instead of the trials and tribulations of the Ewings, you'd have the trials and tribulations of the Panther Cult/Royal Family

Who would the constant villain be, though? Achebe? Nakia, the disgraced and psychotic ex-Dora Milaje? Or perhaps someone as cunning and resourceful as T'Challa? For every plan that T'Challa and Ororo devise, this constant villain/villainess would constantly be coming up with another plan to destroy the original plan.

The only difference in this comic epic would be that T'Challa and Ororo would not cheat on each other. Their marriage would be strong...EXTREMELY STRONG. So strong and nearly perfect that it makes people sick.

Perhaps the Wakandan X idea of Princesa could fit into this somehow.

As of right now, that's all I've got. I'll probably have more insane ideas later.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 05:34:25 am »
Pulsar.  She need a revival and Tah would be as exited as I will be when Walter Mosley starts writing Luke Cage Power Man and gives him back his real identity and costume. 

Oh yes! Cage you know me so well..lol

I just hope it's the 616 Monica who knows how to use her powers from the start and not some alternate universe clone ::)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 05:28:24 am »
well, when i came up with this topic, I didn't know something was ACTUALLY in the works.
tsk tsk tsk...

reggie reg must've been laughin' at me again.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 03:35:29 pm »
A mini (3-12 issues) about some of the dead/former/future  Black Panthers & their lives & etc (Azzari the Wise, T'Chaka, T'Chaka II (Exiles) Azari II (Next Avengers) K'Shamba (Marvel Knights 2099)).

Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 05:08:37 pm »
I would vote for RH to rescue Blade from David Goyers' hands who has screwed up the very character who brought back interest in the superhero movie genre, give blade enough humanity to become a player in the Marvel Universe

This was my first thought when I saw this thread,but given the choices? I'd go LUKE CAGE,MONARCHS,AVENGERS TITLE in roughly that order.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »
Avengers International/International Avengers ongoing

Wakanda (T'Challa & Storm)

America (Storm)

Japan (Sunfire)

England/Britain (Blade & Spitfire)

Savage Land (Ka-Zar, Shanna and Zabu (saber-tooth tiger))

Canada (Aurora & Sasquatch)

Atlantis (Namor) If he didn't help Doom ambush T'Challa on purpose & etc.

Pull List

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 07:48:32 pm »
1. I think a mini about Bashenga would be great.
2. A mini about what it takes to become a Dora.
3. Inhumans
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »
How about a super hero story called Reggie X?

It's about a director who moonlights as a super hero.

Like Peter Parker he is always late with filming deadlines because he is out stopping badguys in Hollywood.

Running over budget and whatnot.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 02:56:03 am »
A mini/ one shot about T'Challa get over his/fixing brain aneurysm problem & Kasper Cole  being the BP.  With T'Challa beating Kasper Cole become the BP again. An while this happening you could say Shuri was away at school (but on the way back to Wakanda' once hering about what happen to her brother.) & have her get back at the end of the fight & saying she will become BP one day.

Guest app. by Storm, Ramonda,  Kasper Cole, Shuri, Dr.Josh Itobo , Ce'Athauna Asira Davin (Queen Divine Justice), Vibraxas & Okoye.

flash backs of : T'Chaka, N’Yam & Jakarra

A one shot of T'Challa reflecting on having to kill his younger brother Jakarra & how it effected him. Also how the death of Jakarra effected Shuri (her brother) & Dr.Josh Itobo (his cousin). It was his special injector/injection that T'Challa used to kill Jakarra with (see BP vol.1 #6-10).

A mini/ one shot about T'Challa , Hunter, Jakarra & Shuri as kids/children/teens. Showing that they all were in the same place & etc at one time/on panel at the same. Maybe showing that Jakarra didn't always hate, How Hunter treated a kid/child/teen  T'Challa & wheather not he hated/hates Shuri & Jakarra as much he did T'Challa. How a kid/child/teen T'Challa felted about his sister & brothers back then.

A one shot on T'Chaka & his wives/woman that were in his life (Nyami, Ramonda, Jakarra unnamed mother & etc.).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:05:54 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 04:46:29 pm »
Truth & Justice : The Bradleys / The Bradleys : Truth & Justice  mini or ongoing.

Main characters : Isaiah Bradley (father of Josiah & Sarah), Faith Bradley (wife) Josiah al hajj Saddiq (son), Sarah Gail Bradley (Elijah/Patriot mother),  Elijah ''Patriot'' Bradley, Patriot's 2 unidentified/unnamed sisters, Letigious Bradley ( Patriot brother)  Patriot unnamed father

Guest app. Luke Cage, Falcon, Kasper Cole, Katherine Bishop (Hawkeye), James Barnes (Captain America), Rikki Barnes (Nomad)

Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2009, 05:20:55 pm »
 Photon 's New Defenders/ Marvel Knights/Knights

Photon

Hellcat

Kyle Richmond (current/soon to be former Nighthawk)

Former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D Joaquin Pennysworth (In training to be Nighthawk)

616 version of the The Blur/Atlanta Blur (keep the Afro please)

Shang-Ch

Tarantula

Cardiac (Dr.Elias Wirtham)

Pull List

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 08:12:56 am »
Someone needs to get the rights to The Last Dragon and do a comic book series on the adventures of "Bruce" LeRoy Green!  Do it with a less campy take and put LeRoy up there with Shang Ci and Iron Fist!  Which is more powerful?  The Glow or the Iron Fist?

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »
I'd like what Mr.RH would do with a x-book.. Preferably Astonishing X-Men (Ellis said this arc will b hois last) or Uncanny X-Men (fraction has hinted to be leaving because he's about to start writing Thor) or X-Men (the new one that's about to start soon.. It has new mostly unknown writer who said he has the 1st 2 arc planned & that all so far)..

If Astonishing X-Men I'd like to see this roster : Cyclops, Storm, Black Panther (T'Challa), Wolverine, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Gambit & Dust or Loa or a new character as the (teen/inductee character)..  

If Uncanny X-Men I'd like to see this roster : Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, Shadowcat, Jubilee, Emma, Polaris, Darwin & Colossus.

If X-Men I'd like to see this roster : Storm, Gambit, Professor X, Jubilee, Shadowcat, & Darwin.. rotating x-members depending on the story/story arc (Wolverine, Rouge, Magneto, Polaris, Iceman, Cyclops, Cannonball, Moonstar, Colossus, Magik & Emma) rotating marvel U characters depending on the story/story arc (BP, Shuri, Sue, Steve R., Iron Man, Cage, Ms.Marvel, Sceptre, Thing, Doctor Voodoo, & Black Widow).    
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:19:08 pm by 4sake »
Pull List