Author Topic: What If Storm Was Kidnapped?  (Read 6750 times)

moneyspider

What If Storm Was Kidnapped?
« on: April 22, 2009, 06:06:36 pm »
How's this for a comic book story idea?

What if Storm is kidnapped by Nakia, who is jealous of Storm's position as Panther's wife and Queen of Wakanda? Nakia decides to make Panther suffer for choosing Storm over her...Nakia would send Panther a message of her crime, like she did in the "Seduction of the Innocent" arc from Priest's run.

Then, Panther is of course determined to go to the ends of the Marvel Universe to rescue his soul mate, and he is extremely focused on this mission, and he is all set to embark on the rescue mission but Wolverine shows up and says he will lend a hand. Panther refuses, saying that he works best alone on missions like this but Wolverine being who he is, is stubborn and tags along anyway. Wolverine's friendship with Ororo after all of these years has made him hell-bent on rescuing her as well.

During the mission, Panther and Wolverine must avoid mental/physical schemes and traps that are intended to keep Panther from reaching Storm in time.

Since Wolverine appears all over the Marvel Universe these days, perhaps the Black Panther title can capitalize on this for a few issues, and perhaps some Wolverine fans would pick up the Black Panther arc.

Or, if this does not happen in the Black Panther's book, perhaps it could be a storyline in Wolverine's book(s).

What do you all think?

Offline PFunkJAzz

• View Profile
Re: What If Storm Was Kidnapped?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 06:40:40 pm »
Sorry, but Storm as a damsel-in-distress is weak.  Most of all I'm opposed to Wolverine appearing in a book I'm buying.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:31:51 pm »
The actual act of pulling this off would make Nakia a serious player in the Marvel Universe.

She would need a mutant power inhibitor and the twin genitalia to get the courage to defy The Black Panther in this way.

Wolverine getting involved in Wakanda affairs such as this would be an intrusion unless it was Magneto who did the kidnapping.

But I do smell a cat fight once Storm was freed and I believe that Wakanda should have a rule that any woman can fight for queenship just as Black panthers have to earn their kingship title in combat.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 05:31:00 am »
Sorry, but Storm as a damsel-in-distress is weak.  Most of all I'm opposed to Wolverine appearing in a book I'm buying.

I'm not feeling that either. I wouldn't mind Storm and her meeting or having an uneasy alliance over something.

moneyspider

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »
Just because Storm would have been kidnapped doesn't automatically mean that she would be the damsel-in-distress, just sitting tied to a chair waiting for a man to save her. I'm sure she would put up one hell of a fight, probably one hell of several fights, in order to escape from her captor. Storm is sneaky, and has a past as a thief, and is an excellent fighter, and has a strong sense of willpower.

She would NOT make her captivity easy for Nakia. This situation would involve a mere teenager trying to contain a queen, and it would not necessarily work. And while Panther and Wolverine are on their way to rescue her, Storm would be devising and trying to execute escape plans of her own.

And, on a somewhat related note, this is like the second time in a few months that Storm has had to come to PANTHER'S rescue. First in "World's Apart" and then immediately following that, "Deadliest of the Species."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:35 pm »
Hmm, I wonder; I know many writers who will not read story ideas like this because they don't want the negative accusations that can come from it.  By suggesting the story, unless u were credited with the plot, it now will never be printed.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 07:25:46 pm »
UPDATE!

Nakia represents her own tribe so why not make it a joint effort with her own disgruntled followers which would make it a huge political problem within Wakanda.

Who is the ruler of her tribe that may be pulling the strings to justify his own plot while seeking to gain power for his own agenda? Perhaps her father is the chieftain and wants what is best for a daughter he personally raised to be the queen and this Storm person is interfering with his plans. He also may want his tribe to be #1 in Wakanda less they fade into oblivion with all these outsider mutants like Wolverine and them getting more and more of their kings attention.

With a whole tribe holding Storm hostage and threatening to execute her if their demands are not met this could be a political thriller that weakens Wakanda in the eyes of its' many enemies.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:31 pm »
The easiest answer is that she banished her to another earth or time.  So, half the story is Storm trying to find a way back.  And of course BP doesn't know she is lost in time or space, until the story is nearly over.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »
Nakia should send a lock of white hair to T'challa every time her demands are not met!

Her villain name is Malice I believe and she should be very taunting to Storm in captivity and have a loathing for mutants because of her "STEALING" the throne from her.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 07:16:45 pm »
Personally I think it gets worse as it goes, what next this relative d-lister sends Storms piky finger in the mail. Please,god,no. As a female the idea of this couldn't offend me more.  >:(

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:27:29 pm »
Princesa,

Malice could become a major thorn in the side of the Black Panther marriage and it is not as if Storm was never kidnapped or held hostage by X-Men enemies along with the male members of the team.

Imagine if Malice even went so far as to commit treason on a grand scale just to be queen. She was technically passed over by Storm for queenhood without much of an opportunity to get her panther feel on.

She could open the door for more war from enemies outside of Wakanda.

The sending of the white lock of hair is far more personal than sending a severed pinky since the women of Wakanda do not have white hair.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 04:23:24 am »
It wouldn't be the first time a writer took a D Lister and tried to convince us this is an A lister.  Just look at the Hood.  Lame name, lame character, low level threat at best, and now he sits at the table with Doom. 

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:50 am »
The easiest answer is that she banished her to another earth or time.  So, half the story is Storm trying to find a way back.  And of course BP doesn't know she is lost in time or space, until the story is nearly over.
This indeed would be the best way to pull this off. Storm getting kidnapped and being contained?! LMAO Let's not forget Storm is a well beyond exceptional escape artist. So as for her being strapped down in a chair? No deal. But if the story  happened to be written well and believable, i wouldn't be opposed to it.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 04:53:17 pm »
this thread lost me the moment the word "Wolverine" was mentioned...

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:44 pm »
BBeerbeyan: <<This indeed would be the best way to pull this off. Storm getting kidnapped and being contained?! LMAO Let's not forget Storm is a well beyond exceptional escape artist. So as for her being strapped down in a chair? No deal. But if the story  happened to be written well and believable, i wouldn't be opposed to it. >>

I think the only realistic way to contain Storm for any length of time is stasis.  If she is immobile, unable to think, or feel or even dream. 

T
(I like my other idea btr, exiled Storm.)