Author Topic: What do you guys think of Halle wanting a Storm: Origins film?  (Read 21667 times)

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...alle-berr.html

Could this be a good showing for our favorite royal couple, seeing as T'Challa is apart of her backstory?
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: What do you guys think of Halle wanting a Storm: Origins film?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:08:17 am »
I think I'm just going to let Jenn answer for me, when she gets around to it.

And she will get around to it.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:15:46 pm »
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Halle-Berry-to-Return-as-Storm-in-X-Men-Spinoff-110710.shtml

I remember when there supposedly rumblings that the post-Last Stand team was supposed to have their own spinoff, with Storm as the adult mentor for the younger team..

..especially considering how Catwoman was handled, Fox execs probably don't want to risk a solo Storm movie.. and recent comments from Lauren Shuler-Donner indicate she's interested in a "First Class" team of Scott, Jean, Hank and whoever else (since Bobby and Warren appeared much later in movie continuity)..

...I personally would like to see the dickey/yardin tale adapted.. and the Magneto plot sounds interesting..
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:24:31 pm by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 12:57:47 pm »
Halle's still a draw of sorts.

A Storm flick would make more sense to me than the Magneto Origins flick that they are actually going to do(which might come off like Schindler's List-but backwards).

Since early Storm as per Clairmont=Modesty Blaise, Halle can run around Eygpt in a catsuit stealing stuff and running from the cops in exotic locations before her powers kick in.   

Offline PFunkJAzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:52:25 pm »
Does she?  I thought she was walking away from the role.   ???

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:50:01 pm »
*sits and waits for jenn's reply*
 8)

if T'challa is a big part of the movie (which should or could be a flashback because it is her wedding day), then I'm all for it.  It'll get everyone ready for a Black Panther movie.

so yes, but i have ulterior motives

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:21:45 pm »
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Halle-Berry-to-Return-as-Storm-in-X-Men-Spinoff-110710.shtml

I remember when there supposedly rumblings that the post-Last Stand team was supposed to have their own spinoff, with Storm as the adult mentor for the younger team..

..especially considering how Catwoman was handled, Fox execs probably don't want to risk a solo Storm movie.. and recent comments from Lauren Shuler-Donner indicate she's interested in a "First Class" team of Scott, Jean, Hank and whoever else (since Bobby and Warren appeared much later in movie continuity)..

...I personally would like to see the dickey/yardin tale adapted.. and the Magneto plot sounds interesting..

The article itself says little of consequence.

IF Fox was to ask her to do the movie, IF she was physically capable of doing it(i.e. if she's still hot and slim when they get around to asking her), she'd do it.

Those are 2 big ifs there.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 06:14:08 pm »
I can smell a fight getting ready to jump off between me and Jenn!

HALLE... HALLE... HALLE... HALLE... HALLE...

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 06:46:18 pm »
Please. God. No. Halle can't act. At all. And I would get a younger actriz to play Ororo because unlike Wolverine she isn't ageless and transition her into Halle's Storm replacement. She is not a bad person. I think she needy and crazy and not a good actress. She can't carry a movie. I will say in her defense as Bad as Catwoman was it wasn't as bad as they said it was. A "D" rather than a "triple F".

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 09:47:11 pm »
Storm is not styled as a super model or an eye candy QT.

A seasoned and veteran Halle who is now a mother can add another dimension to the role that a lack of lines in The X-Men movies prevented.

In an interview she did her best to defend the role for more prominent stances and team leadership but those movies were the Wolverine/Magneto show.

I would put a scene where Magneto secretly recruits her behind Xavier's back because she did share some of his views in a conversation with Nightcrawler. In fact for dark side of the force effect I would make Magneto her main teacher on how to use her weather power and embrace that inner "Goddess" that she keeps humbled inside. There can be great conflict and maybe a brief disagreement with Xavier over the direction of the mutant community whereby she takes a leave of absence and goes back to Africa her homeland and runs into that dude in the cat suit who helps restore her love for humanity with his panther charm.

If an actor or actress is give the green light to do what they are truly hired to do then they can deliver. This could be nothing short of Shakespeare/Greek tragedy where the meat of the story carries the movie more than any single actresses performance.

A more grittier Storm with a chip on her shoulder and a xenophobic attitude would be a welcome change as she was persecuted and blamed for global warming tragedies all over the world while being hunted by Sentinels and Nick Fury/SHIELD!

The only thing holding this all back is a lack of vision for the absolute "EPICITY" of prominent black characters. After seeing Wolverine you can almost predict the terrible loopholes and shabby back story as they failed miserably and then blamed Halle for their own mental handcuffs.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 02:37:00 am »
I'll go see it if the Golden Globe and Academy Award winner is in it  ;) Gotta support the sista

If it is done, I think a new younger actress should protray Storm in her early years then move on to Halle's

portrayal of the character as she gets older.

I heard there was a scene cut out of one of the X-men movies that showed a little of Storm's background and

history. Any of you heard of that rumor?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 04:29:07 am »
Of course Storm is eye-candy, she was designed (like most comic heroines) to look like a Barbie doll.

As far as BP, him appearing in a X movie is a bad thing.  IIRC, X franchise is licensed to Fox, which means BP would never be usable in an Avenger's movie or could have his own movie down by Marvel Studios.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 06:54:34 am »
It would be a good idea to have an "origins" film of Storm, but having Halle? I dont think so. I agree that they should get a younger actress to do the role. Now in regards to BP making a "cameo". I dont think the networks would do it, it is too risky where BP still doesnt have that iconic presense that Storm has. To add Kip brings up an excellent point however, BP is not going to be in the avengers movie. I know that their is a chance that these films need to add a "token black" in the film.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 07:45:24 am »
Mike Tyson and Lennox lewis were separated by contracts where one was at HBO and the other at Showtime and the fight still happened once both sides came to a mutual agreement in revenue sharing.

Crossover movies can happen and are in the process of happening right now. It just has not been thought of doing it in a big crossover way so that everyone can agree.

Marvel and DC have had crossovers so that is not out of the realm of possibility.

A younger Storm would be better as a child and then get to the grown up years because I am not sitting through T'challa and Ororo at the prom or some homecoming queen shtick.

The selling of any black character or characters has to be done with the utmost of scrutiny because even though Wolverine was severely lacking in depth and writing it still approached the 100 million mark because the white fanboy community rolls in mass where the black fanbro community is not quite in step yet.

Corny lines and wasted screen time on pointless chit chat would doom any Storm/Black Panther crossover so straight Dark Knight type story telling should be the main focus and leave all that Love Jones/Love and Basketball romance on the DVD shelf and get EPIC with it!

The movie should be done like a one shot graphic novel with a serious tone. If they flinch even once in the making of this then that's 25 million total at the box office and then straight to DVD with a whole lot of what-ifs and finger pointing over the WACKNESS of it all!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 09:08:03 am »
I've got no problem with Halle as grown Storm.

Fox might 'tho.

See if they got her they'd have to up with her 10 million a flick. 

They'd probably rather get Sanna Lathan who is younger and cheaper.

BTW guys, if T'Challa is going to show up as a guest star in any movie it will be either in the next F.F. movie or the upcoming Avengers flick.