Author Topic: 147 california gang members indicted  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 147 california gang members indicted
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:58:00 am »
I heard about this over the radio last night, Hype!   I actually heard it was about 60 gangbangers, now it's 147?!

Whoa. :o

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 04:13:00 pm »
This has been going on for a while now. From what I heard it originated from a drug deal gone bad between two black and latino gangs and it spilled over into a racial issue kind of like the movie American Me.

I happen to be in a youth probation camp doing volunteer work when a latino kid and a black kid got to throwing blows on my watch. Fortunately they calmed down when there was a threat that they might lose the new Nike shoes we brought them as a gift for being on the merit system.

YES! Despite my super hero status and mixed martial arts training this brotha was a little more than nervous considering that latinos outnumber the brothas like 4 to 1 and although I am not a gangbanger I am still black which could have made me a target.

After I cracked a few jokes about their fighting techniques the youth started warming up to me and everything was fine because all they needed was a different form of guidance than what they were getting from their gang leading elders that made it open season on any one who was not one of them. Plus free Nike shoes gets them every time. LOL!

There have been rumors of a black/latino race war and many celebrities have addressed this issue like Snoop, Fat Joe and Edward James Olmos among others to quell the situation. I think when this passes the black and latino relations will get better as we are forced to openly discuss issues that affect us both.

Last night I watched a special on the biker gang feud between The Hell's Angels and The Mongols. It sure doesn't take much for people or groups to get into war with each other.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:51:02 am »
I wish I could meet EJO at wizardworld Philly..

http://www.edwardjamesolmos.com/
Be Kind to Someone Today.