Author Topic: Terminator Salvation  (Read 11067 times)

Offline JAXN

• View Profile
Re: Terminator Salvation
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 01:59:23 pm »
I enjoyed this film.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 06:43:26 pm »
For some strange reason I decided read the novelization.  Ok, I like most of Alan Dean Foster's books.  I wondered if the book would add to the movie;  it didn't until we got to the end.

The end is different.  Spoilers for the novel.

Conner doesn't get stabbed, Marcus doesn't die and the little girl that so many found annoying may be a machine.  That's where it ends.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:19 pm »
For some strange reason I decided read the novelization.  Ok, I like most of Alan Dean Foster's books.  I wondered if the book would add to the movie;  it didn't until we got to the end.

The end is different.  Spoilers for the novel.

Conner doesn't get stabbed, Marcus doesn't die and the little girl that so many found annoying may be a machine.  That's where it ends.

Why do novelization sometimes change their endings.  If the next movie contradicts this ending, will the next novelization ignore the first one?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »
I still don't see why this movie was so great. Now that Kitschy McG is planning another one the franchise is dead to me.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 04:26:26 am »
<<Why do novelization sometimes change their endings.  If the next movie contradicts this ending, will the next novelization ignore the first one?>>

Sometimes, the novelization is done based upon an older version of the script or what the movie was going to be before it hit the cutting room.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2009, 06:53:39 am »
<<Why do novelization sometimes change their endings.  If the next movie contradicts this ending, will the next novelization ignore the first one?>>

Sometimes, the novelization is done based upon an older version of the script or what the movie was going to be before it hit the cutting room.

Ah, now I see  :)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2009, 03:59:08 pm »
On of the best examples of this was Star Trek Wrath of Khan by Vonda Mcintyre(sp?).  The novel was based on a 4 hour script.  I read the book first; the movie was disappointing in what was missing.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2009, 04:39:06 pm »
TWOK was a good novelization. I also enjoyed the Trek novelization of the Final Frontier. Much, much better than the movie. As for the TS novelization, I wonder how the end would've went over with a lot of people. Was the little girl a Terminator? Or was she more benign like Marcus?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 05:36:34 pm »
Ok, I watched the Director's Cut of Terminator Salvation.  What was the point of a director's cut?  I think I saw 2 additional scenes; they added nothing to the movie.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 06:50:11 pm »
I hated this movie, it had some potential but that whack-ass ending I saw a mile away sunk any good in it. It was boring to boot.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2009, 11:03:42 pm »
This kid Sam Worthington was so much better in AVATAR.