Author Topic: Old Man Logan  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
Old Man Logan
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »
Has anyone else been checking this out?  I swore off of buying Wolvie a while back, but I read the first issue of this in the comic shop and I must admit...I was hooked.  It's been a pretty good ride with some interesting, alternate future riffs in it.

*Spider-Man has a black daughter and grand-daughter.

*Wolvie is a pacifist that won't ever pop his claws again.

*The Hulks kids have a strange The-Hills-Have-Eyes vibe about them and their basically slum lords.

*99% of all the heroes are dead and ain't coming back. 

I gotta give it to Millar, he's made me read Wolverine again and actually really, really enjoy it.  It's made me almost forget that Loeb train wreck that was Wolverine.  It's not hard to find, they've got 3 or 4 printings of each issue out right about now.  Check it out.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Old Man Logan
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 09:39:19 am »
Big Break in-tween killed it for me....

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 10:04:39 pm »
This book has been fantastic.  Millar is so in the zone.  Big pauses are buggy, but they were buggy during his genius ULTIMATES run and like that series, each new issue got me right back in the game.  He's such a good writer you don't feel lost even after a two month layover. 

Given all the "alternate futures" we've seen of the Marvel U., this still seems super-fresh. 

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:39:06 pm »
I caught up on this late, so the layoff didn't effect me at all...I got the first five off the shelves and just had to wait on #72 to come out two weeks ago.  Reggie's exactly right...it's a really fresh take on an alternate MU future and I can't wait for the conclusion in the Old Man Logan Special.