Author Topic: Ultimate Avengers 2  (Read 12717 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Avengers 2
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 03:10:17 pm »
My daughter and I watched UA2 together and we liked the movie better than UA, but we both thought BP's character in the movie would have been similar like BP's character in the comics (pick any writer's run Priest or Reg).  I want to know how in the hell BP could not sense Black Widow approaching him in the jungle w/ guns pointing at him and he seemed to be caught off guard?  Can you repeat after me....." the writers went to sleep on that one" (old skool phrase used back in tha day).  I know I'm not the only one who picked that scene out and said "hell naw that aint right" 

Ah, common stunt:  sacrifice logic for a cool stunt.  Her gun popping up at his forehead, unawares is a cool stunt.  Or rather a cliche stunt.  But then again, this is the Black Widow.  There isn't a more dangerous woman on earth.

Nah, the scene I surprised that no one has complained about.  A sleeping Captain America takes out BP like a rank amateur. Cap is sleeping, and on an instant of waking up he throws BP out the window, and controls his dive out of the window, surfing down the side, and BP can't get balanced until he hit the ground?

KIP

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 05:16:19 pm »
How about T'challa the King having to sneak Cap into the palace so his court council wont know that he broke the Law!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 03:19:48 pm »
SPOILERS

good stuff, actionwise, though I was expecting the Wakandans to be more high-tech.. (apparently, much/most of it was salvaged tech from the Chitauri ship?)

... I figured Giant-Man would be the one to bite it in the end..
..I'm glad the Hulk escaped..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 06:14:24 pm »
anyone else a little PO'd that all the wakandan's had spears and shields and sh*t?

What the f*ck?  I mean, Stan and Jack back in the day had them in the technojungle with ray guns and sh*t. 

Reg said they didn't even ask him about nothin', and I'm wondering why, cause they didn't want to piss him off with the dopey ass sh*t they already had planned?  Other than the spears, I liked the movie, but man, I'm a little PO'd at the "jungling down" of the wakandans...

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2006, 07:29:56 am »
anyone else a little PO'd that all the wakandan's had spears and shields and sh*t?

What the f*ck?  I mean, Stan and Jack back in the day had them in the technojungle with ray guns and sh*t. 

Reg said they didn't even ask him about nothin', and I'm wondering why, cause they didn't want to piss him off with the dopey ass sh*t they already had planned?  Other than the spears, I liked the movie, but man, I'm a little PO'd at the "jungling down" of the wakandans...

true indeed.. I would have figured they'd make Wakanda hi-tech all the way around, not just T'chaka's secret chamber and the robot sentry towers.. it's intimated that they just cherrypicked tech from the downed Chitauri vessel starting back in WWII... instead of developing their own independently..  :-\

again, this is the 'ultimate' animated universe.. 616 is still intact, I guess.. and if they were to do a Panther solo feature, they don't necessarily have to hew to the Ultimate Avengers continuity, since the upcoming Iron Man and Dr. Strange are thematically separate.. So there's still hope for Reggie's first arc to be done as a stand-alone feature.. whooo!  Get Dwayne McDuffie involved as a producer and booyah!
Be Kind to Someone Today.

sunjata

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 05:35:46 pm »
I just finished viewing it.  It was enjoyable but not as good as the first one.  The first one had those two great action sequences.  The WWII scene and the Hulk rampage were the highlights of the first movie.  This one didn’t have any sequences that measured up to those two action scenes.  BP was portrayed well.  The Wakandans should have been shown as being more hi-tech but I wasn’t bothered by the way they were depicted.  If they do a third movie or series I hope they include BP again.  I will probably give it a second viewing this weekend.     

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 08:30:01 pm »
I liked the first movie. The scene where Hulk was crushing the avengers is classic! I feel that the writers were'nt comfortable with a Black Man being as strong as reggies' T'challa so they gave us Tchalla lite

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 05:49:53 am »
I liked the first movie. The scene where Hulk was crushing the avengers is classic! I feel that the writers were'nt comfortable with a Black Man being as strong as reggies' T'challa so they gave us Tchalla lite

Does this mean that you do not view Nick Fury as a strong Black Man?

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2006, 05:53:47 am »
Nick Furys' character is unchanged just his skin tone