Author Topic: IRON-MAN 2  (Read 22313 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
IRON-MAN 2
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:27:08 am »
First Look: Mickey Rourke As Whiplash In 'Iron Man 2

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Paramount has released the first peek at Mickey Rourke as Whiplash, and he's geared up to wreck havoc for Tony Stark in "Iron Man 2."

The actor is seen sporting a partial exoskeleton with a power pack on his chest reminiscent of Iron Man's own.

The character's alter ego, Ivan Vanko, is a Russian who "has constructed his own version of a suit," director Jon Favreau told USA Today. He also wields a pair of whips, which are powered by his exoskeleton and should make him a formidable foe for the armored superhero.

Rourke told the paper that Whiplash "is going to light them up."

Whiplash, along with The Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) will take on Iron Man in the eagerly anticipated sequel, due in theaters May 7, 2010.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
Re: IRON-MAN 2
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:02 am »
Basically another Iron Monger?  C'mon that worked because it was basically about Stark's origin, they need the Mandarin
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:57:06 am »
I wonder how many of those are Rourke's real tattoos.. and if he eventually gets a real outfit..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:14 am »
and if he eventually gets a real outfit..

Easy target practice for Stark if he doesn't.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:08:26 am »
I bet this is just an opening scene....in a jail or something.  Eventually he gets out, gets a cool suit, and causes mayhem.  

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:35:44 pm »
i thought this pic was during downtime...during a lunchbreak or somethin'...

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 09:28:15 am »
This does not bode well....

I'm sensing a "one and done" feeling here.   Whiplash???  I'll go watch the cartoon for lame-ass villains thank you...

Can't wait to see if the Living Laser makes an appearance now!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 11:25:28 am »
Let's be honest here Iron Man villains suck what do you expect? 
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 05:13:49 pm »
Ivan Vanko was the Crimson Dynamo's real name in the comics IRRC. Whiplash in the comics was some dude named Scarlotti

So I'm guessing that the movie Whiplash's get up is a stepping stone to the full Crimson Dynamo battle suit.

Not everybody has Stark's bank so it'd take a while to get a full suit belivably together.

Manderin may show up later but how do you do that character without being offensive in this day and age?

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 02:17:14 pm »
Let's be honest here Iron Man villains suck what do you expect? 

true 'nuff... 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:05:40 pm »
Ivan Vanko was the Crimson Dynamo's real name in the comics IRRC. Whiplash in the comics was some dude named Scarlotti

So I'm guessing that the movie Whiplash's get up is a stepping stone to the full Crimson Dynamo battle suit.

Not everybody has Stark's bank so it'd take a while to get a full suit belivably together.

Manderin may show up later but how do you do that character without being offensive in this day and age?

have you seen IronMan Adventures?
nuff said.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 06:28:59 am »

have you seen IronMan Adventures?
nuff said.

No.

I don't even know when it's on.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 11:51:50 pm »
I hope Rhodey's character arc is good. Favreau thinks the Avengers movie is a better follow-up than Iron Man 3. And I'd hate for Rhodey and Nick Fury to be diminished because they're just military yes-men.

Thor: Just because you lost your eye in battle doesn't give you great wisdom like my father.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:24:09 am by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 02:22:42 pm »
I think they should've just kept the name Crimson Dynamo. It sounds way cooler. There's enough left over Cold War tension to update Vanko plausibly. Combining him with Whiplash sounds sort of stupid to me.

IM doesn't have the best rogues' gallery, and it seems that many villains are too similar-Titanium Man, Crismon Dynamo, and Iron Monger all were dudes in armored suits. Justin Hammer and both Stanes were evil, corporate geniuses.

Whiplash always was a second stringer. Ghost was another guy in an advanced suit. However, I liked the corporate espionage angle with Ghost. I think he might've been a better character to go with in the second film.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 06:06:50 pm »
  Ghost was another guy in an advanced suit. However, I liked the corporate espionage angle with Ghost. I think he might've been a better character to go with in the second film.

Yep. Or Spymaster. Though none of the non-armored guys really make sense in a fight with Stark on the big screen.
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics