Author Topic: IRON-MAN 2  (Read 22345 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: IRON-MAN 2
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 09:12:27 am »
i finally saw the trailer yesterday when i was on Xbox Live.
I liked it.
I am definitely lookin' forward to this film.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 10:41:47 am »
I know sam jackson has an expanded role.. I wonder will they have some easter egg cameos.. wakandan ambassador, etc.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2010, 08:28:33 am »
omg WAR MACHINE! I can't wait!

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 08:23:47 am »
Sure hate that TH won't be War Machine...oh well. Guess I will see it anyway.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 09:08:43 am »
Dr. Pepper/Iron Man commercial featuring Stan Lee  ;D

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 04:51:37 am »
lol.
i saw that commercial yesterday.

is that...Stan Lee? lol

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 06:41:55 pm »
I'll be back in a few hours to give you guys my review.

Toodles!  ;D

And I'm back!

Wow, this is not your average action film. The frenetic energy of Robert Downey Jr. can almost make it as exhausting as watching Disney's Pirates sequels, and Jackson's King Kong film. However, unlike those movies, Jon Favreau manages to keep the characters as strong as possible with a conservative number of great action scenes. You will notice many parts from the trailers aren't in the final cut. The airdrop scene with Pepper kissing the helmet, and the Black Widow trying out a repulsor blast aren't there. But that's okay.

Every supporting character delivers something to the story. Returning characters like reporter Christine Everhart and Agent Coulson are very memorable. (Check out the after credits scene.  ;) )Nick Fury, Black Widow, and War Machine stand out. But the full history of SHIELD's agents aren't revealed. If you're wondering if this Nick Fury fought in WW2, they don't say. But you will get the idea that Fury, and maybe Natasha, are much older than they appear.  ;)  Don't think for a moment Tony Stark gets less of the limelight. This film was about him. He's trying to build a legacy out of the embattled Iron Man image. They didn't bring back the original actor of Howard Stark, but that's okay. We get fun newsreels that show more of the kind of man Tony knew, and what he didn't know. So Dark Knight can suck it on the daddy issues and vigilante justice. Iron Man proves he is a genius who shows the value of hard work. He is a hero who brings humanity's future to question. Mickey Rourke's character doesn't get enough lines, but his presence makes up for it as the bitter shadow of the past. I can write volumes about Sam Rockwell's performance but that would take too long.

I can't wait to watch this again. I give it a 9/10.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 12:11:05 am by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 09:25:21 am »
9 out of 10 aint bad.
woohoo!
thanx.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:04 am »
wow, where are folks seeing the sneak previews?  :)
I think I'll try and see it at an Imax theater when the premiere comes..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 11:04:21 am »
I'll be back in a few hours to give you guys my review.

Toodles!  ;D

And I'm back!

Wow, this is not your average action film. The frenetic energy of Robert Downey Jr. can almost make it as exhausting as watching Disney's Pirates sequels, and Jackson's King Kong film. However, unlike those movies, Jon Favreau manages to keep the characters as strong as possible with a conservative number of great action scenes. You will notice many parts from the trailers aren't in the final cut. The airdrop scene with Pepper kissing the helmet, and the Black Widow trying out a repulsor blast aren't there. But that's okay.

Every supporting character delivers something to the story. Returning characters like reporter Christine Everhart and Agent Coulson are very memorable. (Check out the after credits scene.  ;) )Nick Fury, Black Widow, and War Machine stand out. But the full history of SHIELD's agents aren't revealed. If you're wondering if this Nick Fury fought in WW2, they don't say. But you will get the idea that Fury, and maybe Natasha, are much older than they appear.  ;)  Don't think for a moment Tony Stark gets less of the limelight. This film was about him. He's trying to build a legacy out of the embattled Iron Man image. They didn't bring back the original actor of Howard Stark, but that's okay. We get fun newsreels that show more of the kind of man Tony knew, and what he didn't know. So Dark Knight can suck it on the daddy issues and vigilante justice. Iron Man proves he is a genius who shows the value of hard work. He is a hero who brings humanity's future to question. Mickey Rourke's character doesn't get enough lines, but his presence makes up for it as the bitter shadow of the past. I can write volumes about Sam Rockwell's performance but that would take too long.

I can't wait to watch this again. I give it a 9/10.
i noticed someone has the screener copy
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »
It's showing at the theaters here already.  ;D

Enjoy your Elm Street, guys!
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 07:07:35 pm »
It's showing at the theaters here already.  ;D

Enjoy your Elm Street, guys!

rub it in why don't you, OP?
 :)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »
9 out of 10 aint bad.
woohoo!
thanx.

FYI: I have NEVER ranked a superhero film a 10. Sorry, but I've watched too many films to rate them so highly. But I do consider Spider-Man 2, X2, and Iron Man 1 & 2 to be great films.

Offline Tahdigga

• Honorary Wakandan
  • I'M MONICA RAMBEAU....IMPRESS ME
    • View Profile
    • Tah's Collection
Iron Man 2 (Spoiler Warning) !
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:55 am »
(Spoiler Warning)!

(Spoiler Warning)!

(Spoiler Warning)!

(Spoiler Warning)!

Let me help set this up. During the movie, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Caulson tells Tony Stark he has something he has to deal with in New Mexico. Nick Fury also mentions in the film that there are things happening in the Southwest that he can’t discuss.

(Another Spoiler Warning)!

HERE IS MY SPOILER FILLED DESCRIPTION.

Here’s what happens:

The secret ending.. the scene after the IRON MAN 2 final credit has rolled. We see a black car drive through the desert of New Mexico. They make sure to tell us it’s New Mexico by showing a closeup of the license plate which reads 8RE 2Z1 New Mexico. The car door opens and Agent Coulson walks up to a giant crater. There are trucks driving around a big hole in the crater. Agent Coulson turns around, gets on the phone and says, “Thor. We’ve found him.” (He could also be saying, “Sir, we’ve found it.” I couldn’t exactly tell, the audio wasn’t that great).

The camera then cuts to a shot of Thor’s hammer stuck in the ground in the middle of the crater.

Preview of a fallen weapon!

A GODS WEAPON!

Offline mayday

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:29 am »
Don't think for a moment Tony Stark gets less of the limelight.

Is this why they dumped Terrance Howard (heh heh heh) ?