Author Topic: Comic Book Cocky!  (Read 3105 times)

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Comic Book Cocky!
« on: May 31, 2009, 04:13:51 pm »
For those of us who grew up on comic books and had them as part of this nutritional breakfast is it not grand that after all these years of being teased as fanboys or fanbros for reading what many outsiders and nonbelievers considered childish to now see our pride and joys on the big screen pulling in that major revenue?

In fact comic book based movies along with sci-fi movies are funding this whole Hollywood machine at this point. All those taboo conventions along with the video game industry's licensing and toy merchandising has pushed the envelope further than any of us could have ever dreamed of from yesteryear.

But still every now and then some fool often taunts the comic book reader in that bullying sort of way. I have on occasion set many people straight about my chosen genre when they step out of line and knowing me I can be bluntly brutal when idiots mock me especially if their hobby or taste in entertainment is so under performing at the box office. After all my mixed martial arts coach wears anime shirts just to start mess for anyone who wishes to open their mouth only to get choked out swiftly. (SMILE)

So whether it our parents, our spouses, our family, our peers or that bully around the corner how do you deal with the disses pointed at our comic book genre that we so believe in?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Comic Book Cocky!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:09:45 pm »
I follow Beau Smith's advice.

"Did I ever tell ya that real men buy, read, and collect comic books? Well, if I didn’t I’m tellin’ ya now.

It’s a stone cold fact.

Real men have always read comic books. I realize that there are still a few Nancy Boys that say they don’t but do when nobody is lookin’. You’re always gonna have that factor. For the most part most folks are very proud that they read comics. They’ll even read em’ in public places and not care what anyone else thinks. That’s doin’ it the Beau Smith way!"