Author Topic: American Gangster on The Biography Channel  (Read 16628 times)

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: American Gangster on The Biography Channel
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »
While Flex is wrong as usual 8), the Obama era phenomenon isn't.

He's killing me slowly

Who?

President Obama or Flex or both? 8)

Honestly both about right now ;) When I see Obama I think of one of those ESPN Classics fights with Ray Leonard in the corner and his Dundee  saying "you're f*cking it up son, you're f*cking it up".

Well, when you get back to NYC we have to figure a way to preserve your life. 8)

Ahh, Juniors but not on a Friday.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 02:15:10 am »
To sum things up...

We have 2 seasons of American Gangster and not one season of Black Panther yet!

I want more Panther and less Gangster!

I want all financial resources and working hands available diverted to black super heroes!

Here's a thought. Why can't we have both?

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 08:49:07 am »
Let's try this one more time before Bluezulu comes in here on full referee mode!

You do not have both!

PERIOD!

Priorities were shifted towards American Gangster and not on the Black Panther show.

Maybe years from now when we look back on all this we will understand the serving two masters part.

I seriously needed to stalk the halls at BET in full Darth Vader gear and found new ways to motivate you.

When we meet for the possibility of this black comic book convention in Los Angeles we have to stress the importance of black super heroes first over this "Anchor" we cling to that is sinking our black super hero movement.

All the time spent on research, interviews and filming for American Gangster should be sent over to Black Panther before Disney/Marvel pulls the plug when ISH does not get done.

How many times has Black Panther been set back over the years?

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 10:37:19 am »
Let's try this one more time before Bluezulu comes in here on full referee mode!

You do not have both!

PERIOD!

Priorities were shifted towards American Gangster and not on the Black Panther show.

Maybe years from now when we look back on all this we will understand the serving two masters part.

I seriously needed to stalk the halls at BET in full Darth Vader gear and found new ways to motivate you.

When we meet for the possibility of this black comic book convention in Los Angeles we have to stress the importance of black super heroes first over this "Anchor" we cling to that is sinking our black super hero movement.

All the time spent on research, interviews and filming for American Gangster should be sent over to Black Panther before Disney/Marvel pulls the plug when ISH does not get done.

Here's what I'm saying in a nutshell. There's room for both representations onscreen. I'm saying the American Gangster series can co-exist side by side with a black superhero show. It's not that complicated. It can happen.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:41:23 am »

You do not have both!

PERIOD!

Maybe. Or maybe you don't know what you're talking about. Literally.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 11:32:20 am »
OK you forced me to go full blown TROLL!

(Disney/Marvel Executive rushes into BET studio holding several sheets of important papers)

Disney/Marvel Exec: "Attention people! Due to Disney's purchasing of all Marvel characters and this lawsuit filed on behalf of The Jack Kirby Estate we must now shut down all productions of The Black Panther animation show! I mean frankly you people just flat ran out of time to do whatever it is that you were planning to eventually do!"

BET Animator: "But what is going to happen to The Black Panther animated show?"

Disney/Marvel Exec: "After several motions are filed in court we are transferring it all to the Pixar department."

BET Writer: "But what are we supposed to do in the mean time?"

Disney/Marvel Exec: "Well there is the American Gangster production going on down the hall. This weeks episode is on African Warlords and and the next one is on Caribbean Pirates."

Yes I am a TROLL but sometimes I am an @$$HOLE TOO!

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 11:53:18 am »
So, if the series does air, will we see an apologetic troll on the subject?  ;)

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 02:45:36 pm »

You do not have both!

PERIOD!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dude you are so passive aggressive its crazy. You damn right im going to moderate my section. that is my job. However this is not my section so feel free to keep on with your passive post. Some just think you are a minor annoyance or a forum jester. I just think you are starving for attention. Unless its something directly related to my section of the board please keep my e-name out of your post. B.A.N.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 07:07:53 pm »
I'll answer both Curtis and Bluezulu here while I have your attention. Keep in mind that I'm smiling as I type this so it is only sounds angry when it really is not.

If the series does air I am all for it Curtis. I want multiple Black Panther projects every which a where!

The problem I see is this unusual priority for Gangster stuff in the black community while black comic book super heroes still struggle tremendously. We literally have A-list black gangsters and A-list black gangster rappers. At what point have we been there done that way too many times?

Im not mad at you I'm mad at us as a people for giving precious air time to Gangsters that have done us nothing but harm where black super heroes if presented properly could finance our entire industry if we gave them a 100% chance of succeeding. Don't you ever wonder what a 200 million dollar black super hero movie would do for our community? Something that I type has to register with you at some point!

Next time you respond to me just stop and think about what that could do on a global scale for our image and forget the "I'm so upset with the TROLL thang" that means nothing. So what you are mad at me... Am I not preparing to organize a black comic book convention in Los Angeles? Is your emotions over my typing more important to you than that?

You want Hero X showing up dressed as Black Panther or Nicky Barnes?

Bluezulu

Forum Jester?       YEP!

Minor Annoyance!     NO... Major Annoyance!

Starving for attention?       Maybe... but difficult to accomplish behind a computer firewall would you not agree! I could run naked across the Super Bowl field if I needed that much attention.

Strong desire to promote an A-list black super hero?         BINGO!

You also left out persistent, head strong and very comic book cocky!

You once questioned if I was "REAL" or not and then ducked out of that confrontation and hid behind your moderator status. That is not "REAL" my brother!

Sooner or later someone has to shake these dry bones otherwise known as "Black Men" to get the absolute best out of us. You volunteering for the job? Would you like to lead the black super hero movement or sit back and be all upset over my typing annoyance? Do you have a desire to put money in black comic book creators pockets or would you like things to continue as they are?

Which threads of mine annoys you most?

My Hard Choices? My Black Super Hero versus The American Gangster? My Super hero Workout? My Black Bond Villain? My Halle Berry references? My Comic-Con Pics? My Rap Battles? My Black Comic Book Convention? My Politics? My Kanye West? My Black Panther Criticisms? My Interactions With Jenn?

You be specific I'll be prolific!

My attention getting comes into play when it is time to call all hands on deck to finally realize a dream I had of a huge black comic book convention that rivals and surpasses both Comic-Con and Comiket in Japan! You would be surprised what black folks can accomplish when they jettison last years ideas for futuristic ones!

Now after I cross thread this all with Hudlinentertainment.com, blacksciencefictionsociety.com, blacksuperhero.com and then fully invade comicbookresources.com as I am doing as we speak you will see that this has a reason to this all.

I bet if I cut you a large check for black super heroism you would come on board and sip this Hectic kool-aid!

"Keep your name out of my post?"

You started it!

We could be friends if you like but that is on you at this point and maybe like Reggie did you can E-mail me and get me to behave and work with you! I am reasonable sometimes but only if we talk!

You are the moderator... How do you want it?

Olive branch extended...

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 06:02:30 am »
If the series does air I am all for it Curtis. I want multiple Black Panther projects every which a where!
Yep. Me, too.

Im not mad at you I'm mad at us as a people for giving precious air time to Gangsters that have done us nothing but harm where black super heroes if presented properly could finance our entire industry if we gave them a 100% chance of succeeding. Don't you ever wonder what a 200 million dollar black super hero movie would do for our community? Something that I type has to register with you at some point!

Next time you respond to me just stop and think about what that could do on a global scale for our image and forget the "I'm so upset with the TROLL thang" that means nothing. So what you are mad at me... Am I not preparing to organize a black comic book convention in Los Angeles? Is your emotions over my typing more important to you than that?
But, Flex, I'm not mad at you. Just playing along. I think there will be an animated BP series. It's just taking longer than we all hoped. No need to argue though. We'll find out soon enough...

As for AG, well, there's a thread for that. I think it's pretty good though. I don't think it's an either / or situation. Again, no need to argue about it.

Olive branch extended...
Good. Let's keep it polite and respectful. You know, civil.

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 07:01:59 am »
Just follow the instructions in the forum rules. What ever your goal or agenda is please do not harass other forum goers. Unless it is board related to topics I moderate please leave me alone. Thank-you.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 08:19:14 am »
You can now watch American Gangster on centric. (formerly known as BET J)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 11:12:49 am »
You can now watch American Gangster on centric. (formerly known as BET J)

I'm still waiting for new episodes, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. I wonder what network has the option of producing new episodes of the series?