Author Topic: BET Awards 2009  (Read 25026 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BET Awards 2009
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 12:42:02 am »
The rumor is Jay-Z told the producers he and Beyonce wouldn't perform if Chris Brown was allowed to be on the show, so he was dropped at the last minute. I don't know how true it is.

If the worst thing that happens to to Chris Brown is being booted off the BET awards, he is far luckier than he deserves.

f*ck Chris Brown.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 01:18:35 am »
30's and 40's but all ages are represented, check it out, it's an adult site but very conservative, avoid the nekid pics we call "The Darkside". lol It's the Nude Africa Anything Goes discussion. It's informative and alot like here, but with more cussing and alot more drama. Steve Harvey talks about it on his morning show.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 05:35:32 am »
Highs, Lows & Oh Nos of the BET Awards Show!

I'm gonna be using this info for my MJ tribute show that's air on July 15th.
thanx in advance

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 12:04:26 pm »
The other Black site I go on NA, HATED IT. They said everybody was drunk, Jaime Foxx's penis joke was in bad taste, Ving Rhames embarassed himself, Beyonce was an attention whore in an ugly dress, the MJ "tribute" was whack, they were mad Chris Brown got banned by Jay-Z because he could of done a better job with MJ material than Ne-Yo, Bobby Brown looked like a grizzly bear with a bad mohawk, Wayne cursed too much and they felt it was ghetto and disorganized.

I got tired of trying to defend B.E.T in the face of such opposition. I thought it was the best award show they've had since Mo'Nique did Beyonce's "Uh Oh" dance the first time. The New Edition performance, Maxwell, Jay-Z, Keith Sweat, B.B.D. Guy, Wanda and Shenaynay set it off and the whole show was exciting and unpredictable. They did the best they could with 3 days of planning.
what is this site
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 02:00:12 am »
Click "Anything Goes Discussion".  http://www.nudeafrica.com/discus/index.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:03:00 am by TripleX »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 08:23:06 am »
Click "Anything Goes Discussion".  http://www.nudeafrica.com/discus/index.html
oh crap :o This is why i dont like those site because it is full of fat girls hiding their faces.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:33:52 am by akumatrunigga »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 07:04:47 am »
I tried to warn you bruh, I said don't look at the pics. lolz

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 11:33:54 am »
I finally watched most of it last night during the encore. It wasn't as horrible as I've heard about on the radio, etc., but I could definitely tell it was rushed.

I thought Jamie/T-Pain, Ne-Yo, KeKe Palmer, Keyshia Cole & Monica, the tribute to the O'Jays (though Trey Songz was outclassed), and the O'Jays all gave strong performances. Out of the rappers, Jay-Z did the best. Didn't watch Maxwell.

It seemed like they had problems with the microphones/sound systems, with New Edition in the opening and with some of the rappers. Overall, in the shadow of Michael Jackson it just reinforced to me how lacking many of today's stars are. Keri Hilson's performance felt ad hoc. Soulja Boy hurt my ears. Drake and Lil Wayne were also uninispired. Ciara was trying, but that song wasn't in her comfort zone.

As much as I love New Jack Swing, Keith Sweat didn't sound that good, Aaron Hall was out of breath, Ralph Tresvant was off key, Ricky Bell couldn't be heard in the first song, but did better on the BBD number, and then Bobby and his tongue. Didn't watch all of Beyonce's performance. I wish she had done a Michael Jackson song or incorporated some MJ song into her performance.

I think the O'Jays put on a show that everyone of the newer acts should've been paying close attention to and emulating in the future. They had the vocals and the moves right.

But I got to give them credit for trying to put together a tribute show in three days, though I think it might've been best to just acknowledge MJ at the show in some way and then do a better planned show in the future.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:47 am »
I think it would've been cool if as a last minute addition they added some artists that sampled Michael Jackson songs. I would've loved to have seen Q-Tip perform "Move" which samples "Dancing Machine" or Jay-Z perform "H to the Izzo". What would've topped it off would Nas performing "It Ain't Hard To Tell".

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:25 am »
What would've topped it off would Nas performing "It Ain't Hard To Tell".

"I drink Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell, from the spliff that I lift an' inhale
It ain't hard to tell"

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 10:34:10 pm »
Interesting review
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 07:30:19 am »
Don Cornelius’s surprise appearance reminded me how much I miss the Soul Train awards and Soul Train itself (okay, his intro/anecdote about the O’Jays did ramble on).  About a year or so ago I remember reading that he struck a deal to sell all the master tapes to some outfit I’d never heard of for dvd development  http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur44513.cfm
 … I always thought he’d do a partnership with BET for showing reruns of old episodes and boxed season dvd sets.  I don’t know if he just considers himself retired now, but it would be great if he had a syndicated Soul Train radio show.

Update--
http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur54543.cfm

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never ordered anything from those "Time - Life" TV advertisement infomercials.. If you read the fine print on the website, this group isn't even a part of the Time-Warner corporation, they simply license the brand name..

I guess we'll see how this turns out..  ::)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:40:27 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2009, 11:28:15 am »

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2009, 10:28:39 pm »
Interesting review
OH LOOK surprise surprise another "bet is ignorant"  comment. ::)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 07:56:48 am »
Interesting review
OH LOOK surprise surprise another "bet is ignorant"  comment. ::)

O.K. the guy was funny but, folks really need to stop with this "BET is embarrasing the race" meme.

Didn't these silly mofos get the memo that there is a Black President now? Who is on T.V. nearly every day?

Freaking Al Roker is on T.V. everyday. Dyson and/or Smiley are on T.V. nearly every Sunday.

In the face of that you'd have have to be determinely stupid or racist
to take the BET Awards as being representative of anything other than the Black Music Industry.

Aside from the poor production values(due all the M.J stuff having to done at the last second)
I didn't have that muuch of a problem with the show.

Jeff Johnson's show lived and died without a single word from these boogie SOB's.

They don't have the RIGHT to an opinion anymore.