Author Topic: Anderson Silva VS Forrest Griffin: UFC 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8773 times)

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
Re: Anderson Silva VS Forrest Griffin: UFC 101!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 08:16:41 am »
MMA GUYS. HEEELLLA UNDERPAID

Played out mayne, especially in this economy.  No athlete was ever just given money, you gotta fight for that like you do in the ring.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 08:29:03 am »

Played out mayne, especially in this economy.  No athlete was ever just given money, you gotta fight for that like you do in the ring.

Nah man. The UFC and MMA is still expanding,even in this market. As the first MMA rock star,Chuck Liddell was making LESS THAN $1.5 million per fight. So was Randy Couture. For chrissakes,that's Andre Berto-Kermit Cintron money. Cotto and Clottey made $4 million apiece,or thereabouts. MMA guys generate hundreds of millions in PPV for the big MMA shows,and they deserve more than the slave wages that they're paid. Slave wages SANS benefits,I might add. I'm not saying give em DE LA HOYA money,but don't pay these guys in what amounts to rubles pesos and naira.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 08:38:53 am »
MMA Fighters UFC and otherwise are going to need regular network T.V. exposure
so the fighters can get the name recognition to garner the big bucks.

Otherwise there is always going to be two pay scales in MMA:

what ex-WWE wrestlers like Brock and Lashley get and what everybody else gets.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 12:29:53 pm »

Nah man. The UFC and MMA is still expanding,even in this market. As the first MMA rock star,Chuck Liddell was making LESS THAN $1.5 million per fight. So was Randy Couture. For chrissakes,that's Andre Berto-Kermit Cintron money. Cotto and Clottey made $4 million apiece,or thereabouts. MMA guys generate hundreds of millions in PPV for the big MMA shows,and they deserve more than the slave wages that they're paid. Slave wages SANS benefits,I might add. I'm not saying give em DE LA HOYA money,but don't pay these guys in what amounts to rubles pesos and naira.

I remember listening to a Chris Rock routine talking about minimum wage.  "Minimum wage means:  If they could pay less, they would!"  If boxing could get away without paying Cotto a dime, they would, same with every sport, nobody would get paid unless people took a stand to make sure they got their money.  We could debate about this all day on a message board but nothing's going to change for the fighters until they stop accepting less and getting more.  And any slave in the history of recorded time would trade places with a UFC fighter anyday.  There's no such thing as slave wages, these guys make the choice to sign the contract.  Whining about the money is played out, stop caring about that when Sprewell talked about feeding his family
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2009, 11:29:16 am »

I remember listening to a Chris Rock routine talking about minimum wage.  "Minimum wage means:  If they could pay less, they would!"  If boxing could get away without paying Cotto a dime, they would, same with every sport, nobody would get paid unless people took a stand to make sure they got their money.  We could debate about this all day on a message board but nothing's going to change for the fighters until they stop accepting less and getting more.  And any slave in the history of recorded time would trade places with a UFC fighter anyday.  There's no such thing as slave wages, these guys make the choice to sign the contract.  Whining about the money is played out, stop caring about that when Sprewell talked about feeding his family

I disagree with the conclusions drawn,although I readily see and agree with much of the premises in these posts. Allow me to make my point clearer: The UFC is engaging in typical monopolistic behaviour,and make no mistake: the UFC has an effective monopoly in MMA in the minds of the average fan. So they piss poor wages because they know that mma athletes have to basically take the pay up or git outta mma.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2009, 04:51:12 pm »

I disagree with the conclusions drawn,although I readily see and agree with much of the premises in these posts. Allow me to make my point clearer: The UFC is engaging in typical monopolistic behaviour,and make no mistake: the UFC has an effective monopoly in MMA in the minds of the average fan. So they piss poor wages because they know that mma athletes have to basically take the pay up or git outta mma.

The UFC is not a monopoly, they are just the top company, there are many other companies in the USA and abroad for these fighters to go to.  I don't really have a problem with the fighter salaries anyway, the top guys are pretty well taken care of.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron