Author Topic: Steve McNair Found Shot Dead...  (Read 15216 times)

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Steve McNair Found Shot Dead...
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 11:11:36 am »
But at the same time why are we defending some of the black athletes that constantly do the negatives things that makes us look bad?

A person's eff-ups are just that: Thier mistakes. They don't reflect on me or anybody else.

I'm not worried about somebody looking at me and seeing Pacman Jones.

Nobody's condoning McNair's tomcatting but I've seen enough of that kind of
foolishness from both men AND women in my time to be bothered to even pretend to be shocked or outraged by it.

You're either going to cheat or you're not.  If you want to any excuse will do.

And if you don't, nothing can get you to that place.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 01:19:21 pm »
But that's the problem. You don't get a say in how you're characterized, because you're dead. And you're dead because your mistress killed you. Which makes this question a wee bit moot.

Besides, nobody here is suggesting anything except for maybe having jumpoffs too young to remember The Box probably isn't in your best interest. But that doesn't slander McNair, not really. No, THIS is slander.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9777174/Don%27t-be-so-quick-to-make-McNair-a-hero

You can't even BURY a black man before this cat shows up. Had it been a black woman, I think his heart would've burst with so much glee that he would've (finally) dropped dead.

Jason "Uncle Ruckus" Whitlock, the new millenium house nigger.

This is the second time he has used the tragic death of an athelete to get unwarranted attention under the guise of upholding a standard.

When this man gets confronted by one of the targets of his idiocy, I would love to be there.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 01:22:55 pm »
But at the same time why are we defending some of the black athletes that constantly do the negatives things that makes us look bad?

Why are we expected to be the representatives of every other Black person throught our daily lives?

We are not a monolith and if someone is myopic enough to judge me solely on the basis of an athelete whom they probably don't know, that is their stupidity and I'm not going to subscribe to it.

There is a young man who just became a Rhodes scholar and will enter the NFL after his studies. What is the likelihood that this individual will be the standard by which Black men are judged?

Offline bluezulu

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 01:33:00 pm »

Why are we expected to be the representatives of every other Black person throught our daily lives?

We are not a monolith and if someone is myopic enough to judge me solely on the basis of an athelete whom they probably don't know, that is their stupidity and I'm not going to subscribe to it.

There is a young man who just became a Rhodes scholar and will enter the NFL after his studies. What is the likelihood that this individual will be the standard by which Black men are judged?
-----------------

And I doubt Whitlock wrote a column about him.

Jenn

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 03:10:59 pm »
Police: Girlfriend shot McNair while he slept
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6519216.html

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 07:31:57 am »
stop the f*cking bickering or I'm locking this sh*t.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 08:08:57 am »
Does anyone in this thread believe that the two deserved each other?

Jenn

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46:16 am »
*raises hand*

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »
stop the f*cking bickering or I'm locking this sh*t.

Lock it, man. lol
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron