Author Topic: Michael Jackson - Questions  (Read 10201 times)

michaelintp

Re: Michael Jackson - Questions
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 07:33:38 am »
I watched Larry King interview one of Michael's doctors. He reiterated the skin disease as the reason that lead Michael to 'whiten' himself. I don't understand the other reasons that lead to Michael's plastic surgery but it doesn't sound like it was ever pre-planned. If people still won't accept those reasons for his change in appearance I guess they never will.

Michael obviously became addicted to plastic surgery.  But a thought just occurred to me.  Janet and Latoya (don't know about any other family members) also had similar nose jobs.  If this was done when they were teenagers, then there is a good chance that their father pressured them to do so, thinking it would be better for their careers.  I'm just making this up, I have no info on the topic, but it sounds plausible.  To the extent one is troubled by such plastic surgery, with its implicit "buying into white standards of beauty," well, the situation is a little different if the kids were really pressured by their parents to do so when they were pretty young.  If my speculation is correct, then in this regard the Jackson kids who had the surgery can even more strongly be viewed as victims, not just in the sociological sense, but literally victims of their father's "old fashioned" views on the topic.  Again, I don't know any of the details, but since this thought did hit me, and it has the ring of truth (don't know if it is true), thought I would throw it out there.  

It is not such a big deal in any case. But if anyone knows, it would be an interesting factoid to put things in perspective.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 11:46:15 am »
I watched Larry King interview one of Michael's doctors. He reiterated the skin disease as the reason that lead Michael to 'whiten' himself. I don't understand the other reasons that lead to Michael's plastic surgery but it doesn't sound like it was ever pre-planned. If people still won't accept those reasons for his change in appearance I guess they never will.

That Doc pretty blatantly violated Michael's HIPPA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rights in that interview. I don't know what it means when your former patient is dead I will admit,but I don't think it was the smartest thing that guy could have done.

These doctors that are coming out of the woodwork now have two goals in mind: A) get their 15 mins. of fame B) proclaim thier adherence to professional ethics C) evade the possible criminal charges that are bound to  come up sooner or later.

Nobody is going up there and saying "Jackson was a rich, paying customer, I'd of installed antenna in his forehead if he'd of paid me to do it." I'm not beleving anything short of that since to that was obviously what was going down. 

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47:56 pm »
Again, I don't know any of the details, but since this thought did hit me, and it has the ring of truth (don't know if it is true), thought I would throw it out there.  

I think the word you're looking for is truthiness.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 06:40:58 pm »

That Doc pretty blatantly violated Michael's HIPPA(Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rights in that interview. I don't know what it means when your former patient is dead I will admit,but I don't think it was the smartest thing that guy could have done.

These doctors that are coming out of the woodwork now have two goals in mind: A) get their 15 mins. of fame B) proclaim thier adherence to professional ethics C) evade the possible criminal charges that are bound to  come up sooner or later.

Nobody is going up there and saying "Jackson was a rich, paying customer, I'd of installed antenna in his forehead if he'd of paid me to do it." I'm not beleving anything short of that since to that was obviously what was going down.  

Maybe, but at least he wasn't putting MJ down for his change in appearance. I remember on the BBC one African reporter believed MJ intentionally wanted to be white and would only honor him up to the Thriller period. Thank god MJ didn't grow up in Africa because they've been killing blacks with skin conditions. Just look at the recent history of albino killings.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:36:55 pm by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

michaelintp

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 07:04:35 pm »
Again, I don't know any of the details, but since this thought did hit me, and it has the ring of truth (don't know if it is true), thought I would throw it out there.  

I think the word you're looking for is truthiness.

Haha. "Truthiness."  Funny.

Sometimes, though, a speculation that has the ring of truth will spark inquiry, and the speculation will indeed prove to be true (though sometimes not).  I believe that Janet Jackson said she had her nose job when she was a teenager.  Don't know how young that means. I imagine the same was true for Michael?  Don't know about the other sister Latoya.  Were they the youngest Jackson kids?  Most subject to influence by parents after fame struck?  I have no idea.  Know virtually nothing about the Jacksons, other than that I heard the father was overbearing (but that too might not be correct).  Thought someone might know the facts. Obviously if the Jackson kids first had plastic surgery as teens, perhaps strongly influenced by their dad, that would provide some additional perspective and understanding. That's why I was throwing out the thought.  Like fishing ... to see if we might catch anything (i.e. the truth).  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:55:23 pm by michaelintp »

Jenn

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 07:30:33 pm »
Janet has stated she had her nose done at 14 and again at 16. But she also swears she hasn't had implants and claimed she wasn't married, so...yeah, truthiness isn't exactly a Jackson family trait.

I hate when it's said that we don't need dedicated black leadership now that Obama is President.  Yes, he's black, but he cannot overly concern himself with black issues.  There needs to be dedicated government officials and NON-government leaders focusing on the black community.

You didn't get the email? Now that Obama is president, racism is a thing of the past! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!

michaelintp

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 07:59:58 pm »
Janet has stated she had her nose done at 14 and again at 16. But she also swears she hasn't had implants and claimed she wasn't married, so...yeah, truthiness isn't exactly a Jackson family trait.

Ohhh well. For anyone who is troubled by the cosmetic surgery, I was just trying to think of possible explanations that would make it less troubling at least as to the person who had the surgery (i.e. if they were pressured by their parents). But it sounds like the real facts may be hard to come by, based on your observation regarding the Jackson Family's truthfulness, Jenn.  Hmmmmm.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 09:07:00 am »
WHO'S BAD?

Courtesy of Mike Wood