Author Topic: World Tour Arc  (Read 25647 times)

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: World Tour Arc
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2006, 03:53:49 am »

Mm, I have an idea for a thread.

And do you intend to keep that idea to yourself forever my friend?

Give!  :)
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2006, 11:25:39 am »
Hudlin speaks a few words to Wizard about the Wedding and the World Tour Arc. I especially like the Gary Frank cover.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/001127890.cfm
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:01:09 pm by colin solan »

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2006, 11:33:35 am »
one hell of an article and in depth info about the planning of the wedding B4 CW by Reg, AA and JQ. 

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 07:02:51 pm »
I thought for the Atlantis chapter we'd see our couple travelling in a submarine of sorts. But maybe not. The writer in Wolverine seems to have given normal Atlanteans the ability to breathe on the surface.  :-\ So maybe it'll just be a boat trip.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 07:10:11 pm »
looks like a nice blue print for another year of stories. :)

Offline blkyoda

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 10:12:19 pm »
Love that cover. Hope there's a real flow to the whole arc, like maybe he's forming some long term alliance or something - if it's just episodic visits it'll be disappointing.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2006, 12:25:51 pm »
I thought for the Atlantis chapter we'd see our couple travelling in a submarine of sorts. But maybe not. The writer in Wolverine seems to have given normal Atlanteans the ability to breathe on the surface.  :-\ So maybe it'll just be a boat trip.

What?!

Given "normal Atlanteans the ability to breathe on the surface"?!

Whoever that writer is, it is obvious that he is lacking in the capacity to pay attention to detail, otherwise he wouldn't be playing "fast and loose" with the Atlanteans.

Anyone who read Sub-Mariner's battle with Paul (Destiny) Destine would know from the experience of Lady Dorma, that a normal Atlantean has to take a pill which turns the color of their flesh from blue to white, enabling that Atlantean to breathe on the surface for a pre-determined period of time. However, if that normal Atlantean's flesh begins to revert from white to blue, they'll begin gasping for breath and will need to return to the sea as soon as possible.

How could Wolverine's new writer NOT KNOW THAT?!

He must be a Reginald Hudlin acolyte or something.

If he is, he's under fine tutelage  :D

I'm very much looking forward to the "Honeymoon Tour", especially the Royal Couple's stop on the Moon. I've always been a very big fan of the Inhumans.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 06:51:57 pm by sinjection »

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 12:52:55 pm »
I don't read Wolverine religiously but I've flipped through the last couple of issues in the store. As I recall, the Atlanteans were shown using special breath masks at regular intervals and not having blue skin till they revealed themselves. I assume the mask is an aerosol version of the pill Dorma once took.

Also, in Bill Jemas's NAMOR series Atlanteans were shown wrapping a wet cloth around their gills which would change their skin color and allow them survive above water.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2006, 07:32:03 pm »
I don't read Wolverine religiously but I've flipped through the last couple of issues in the store. As I recall, the Atlanteans were shown using special breath masks at regular intervals and not having blue skin till they revealed themselves. I assume the mask is an aerosol version of the pill Dorma once took.

Also, in Bill Jemas's NAMOR series Atlanteans were shown wrapping a wet cloth around their gills which would change their skin color and allow them survive above water.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I wonder. Why don't any of Marvel's Atlanteans turn "yellow", "black", "brown" or "red" when they undergo the physical changes that allow them to breathe on the surface? Why dey always got to be "white"? I've read accounts and have watched documentaries dealing with the lost continent of Atlantis and its culture. As I understood it, the continent was huge as continents go, and it had a multi-racial civilization.

Now, there are some who believe that "Black Avengers" could present problems. But the Atlanteans have been either blue or white for decades and nobody has a problem with that? I"m sorry. That's a topic best explored on the "Mighty Black Avengers" subject   :)

Speaking of Marvel's Atlanteans, it's too bad about Namorita (or whatever she was calling herself at the time of her premature demise). Just when she stopped looking like the "Barbie-doll formula" for the big-time superhero's lovely female super-powered cousin (see Superman and Supergirl)....just when her flesh turned blue, she began to establish her own identity separate from that of Namor and was beginning to become cool, that's when the folks at Marvel decide to kill her.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 07:38:13 pm by sinjection »

Offline colin solan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2006, 08:25:48 pm »

I wonder. Why don't any of Marvel's Atlanteans turn "yellow", "black", "brown" or "red" when they undergo the physical changes that allow them to breathe on the surface? Why dey always got to be "white"? I've read accounts and have watched documentaries dealing with the lost continent of Atlantis and its culture. As I understood it, the continent was huge as continents go, and it had a multi-racial civilization.

In Wolverine, the main Atlantean sleeper agent that's tracking down Nitro is first shown as a black surfer with long dreads prior to revealing his Atlantean hue.

Speaking of Marvel's Atlanteans, it's too bad about Namorita (or whatever she was calling herself at the time of her premature demise). Just when she stopped looking like the "Barbie-doll formula" for the big-time superhero's lovely female super-powered cousin (see Superman and Supergirl)....just when her flesh turned blue, she began to establish her own identity separate from that of Namor and was beginning to become cool, that's when the folks at Marvel decide to kill her.

Namorita's skin first turned blue in the original New Warriors series. She's gone back and forth based on writers' choices till her unfortunate death.

I was pretty pissed when they announced they were killing off the New Warriors (or what was left of them). That was the first comic I had followed from issue #1. Though I almost dropped it when Mark Bagley jumped ship for Spider-Man. Jerk.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2006, 08:40:28 pm »
? I've read accounts and have watched documentaries dealing with the lost continent of Atlantis and its culture. As I understood it, the continent was huge as continents go, and it had a multi-racial civilization.

Atlantis is a myth. It was re-told by Plato, who heard it from Egyptian and other seafaring Mesopotamian sources. So its people could have looked like anything, depending on interpretation. One writer claims the Mayan civilization was built by descendants of the Atlanteans, whose continent resided around the Caribbean Sea. My favorite is the belief Atlantis is not underwater, since there is no evidence of such a large landmass in the Atlantic. It's really the continent we call South America and the ten kingdoms were spread all across it.  :D
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2006, 09:48:37 pm »

In Wolverine, the main Atlantean sleeper agent that's tracking down Nitro is first shown as a black surfer with long dreads prior to revealing his Atlantean hue.

Namorita's skin first turned blue in the original New Warriors series. She's gone back and forth based on writers' choices till her unfortunate death.

I was pretty pissed when they announced they were killing off the New Warriors (or what was left of them). That was the first comic I had followed from issue #1. Though I almost dropped it when Mark Bagley jumped ship for Spider-Man. Jerk.

Colin, you are a wealth of information. My ignorance is greatly endangered by your presence  :)  Thanks.

Atlantis is a myth. It was re-told by Plato, who heard it from Egyptian and other seafaring Mesopotamian sources. So its people could have looked like anything, depending on interpretation. One writer claims the Mayan civilization was built by descendants of the Atlanteans, whose continent resided around the Caribbean Sea. My favorite is the belief Atlantis is not underwater, since there is no evidence of such a large landmass in the Atlantic. It's really the continent we call South America and the ten kingdoms were spread all across it. :D

Aha. Yes. I always knew Atlantis was a mythical concept, though many have tried to push the notion that the continent and its civilization actually existed at one time. They're like those people who believe that sasquatch, faeries, UFOs, sea monsters, ghosts and all the other things that amuse us, frighten us and entertain us are real  :)

Look everyone. Thanks to Toya, I'm down with the multiple quotation sensation. I'm down!!!!

CIENCIANO

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2006, 08:36:29 pm »
WORLD TOUR FINAL STOP: LEBANON!!!

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2006, 09:51:12 pm »
It's really the continent we call South America and the ten kingdoms were spread all across it. 

You forgot the continet now called North america, was originally called atlan. The myth of atlantis is based on white suprermacy and theose people trying to act like they had a high culture and civilization comparable to the ancients nubians who colonized the entire planet, not with arms but with knowledge.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2006, 12:27:13 am »
It's really the continent we call South America and the ten kingdoms were spread all across it. 

You forgot the continet now called North america, was originally called atlan. The myth of atlantis is based on white suprermacy and theose people trying to act like they had a high culture and civilization comparable to the ancients nubians who colonized the entire planet, not with arms but with knowledge.

I don't know if it's originally based on white supremacy since Plato just retold it to his Greek audience. Artistic licenses could have introduced pro-Aryan nuances. I don't know who called North America 'atlan'. But I know the people who lived there didn't. You'll find the same for others like the ancient Egyptians didn't call their land "Egypt" and the ancients of "Ethiopia". In Jim Allen's South American theory archeologists in Bolivia found an ancient alloy amongst the ruins of a dead civilization. It could be the Atlantean orihalcon metal. The Bolivian alloy predates earliest alloys made in the West. And in the native Bolivian tongue 'atl' meant water, and 'antis' for copper, maybe referring to the orihalcon alloy. Those two words associated with Atlantean myth create "Atlantis".

Of course, for pro-Aryans there's no myth better than that of "Ultima Thule". The Thule Society of the Nazis believed in it. It's also a part of the Hollow Earth fantasy. And I mean fantasy because we now know the planet isn't hollow.

But there's nothing wrong with burying a few Nazis underground! Hehehehehe!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:34:51 am by Open palm »