Author Topic: Black Panther # 8 preview  (Read 31404 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther # 8 preview
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:56:27 am »
AWESOME....while I want T'challa back at BP now...I will say that this is a great way to build his character...we know for the first time since him become BP...that  T'challa isn't just a regular guy, and what the panther spirit does...because to me it really does not make since that the Panther Spirit makes him peak human. That is just me...

But this is a awesome way to build character. I actually like how Shuri is being written. I also LOVE the new cast. This will only make the Black Panther more intresting in the LONG RUN...so we all need to think long term and not be so short sighted.

Again, look I wanted a quasi-political book. I personally wrote R.Hudlin many times, about wanted it...other folks have done the same...and A. Alonso and R. Huldin brought in J. Maberry how is going that... So I'm happy.

One thing, once we get futher along, I really hope to see White Wolf, Joshia X, Kasper Cole, the old DM from Priest run...I'm excited.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:47:13 am »
another thing...it appears the Namor has/is going to side with the 'good' guys...and it also looks like Shuri is going to go after Namor...mean while Namor still has his side deal with Doom (they were going to betray him anyway). I wonder how this is going to shape up...Namor is going to end up being a X-men, and Emma there...they both were part of the cabal...and T'challa knows this...what will Storm think.... ;D

I think that next big arc hopefully explores that...

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 02:41:22 pm »
Wait til you guys see the cover to BP #11.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 02:46:36 pm »
 ;D

can't wait...I just some how talked my brother into reading comics or black panther...I give him Priest run, Hudlin run and your issues...he reading them and he is hooked... so that is a wow for me.

Also stuff...this is a great time to be a panther fan.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:14 am »
I'm enjoying this title very, very much. I can't wait to see what comes next!
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 12:46:32 pm »
I like it.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 01:11:55 pm »
AWESOME....while I want T'challa back at BP now...I will say that this is a great way to build his character...we know for the first time since him become BP...that  T'challa isn't just a regular guy, and what the panther spirit does...because to me it really does not make since that the Panther Spirit makes him peak human. That is just me...

But this is a awesome way to build character. I actually like how Shuri is being written. I also LOVE the new cast. This will only make the Black Panther more intresting in the LONG RUN...so we all need to think long term and not be so short sighted.

Again, look I wanted a quasi-political book. I personally wrote R.Hudlin many times, about wanted it...other folks have done the same...and A. Alonso and R. Huldin brought in J. Maberry how is going that... So I'm happy.

One thing, once we get futher along, I really hope to see White Wolf, Joshia X, Kasper Cole, the old DM from Priest run...I'm excited.

Priest's absolutely awesome characters political spin on the book and history were the only things misssing from RH's book. Sike hold up I take that political comment back! What am I THINKING? RH BP was suffused with global politics LITERALLY FROM THE FIRST ISSUE! I meant to say that CJP BP was consistently funnier and RH BP'S WAKANDA AND BP are consistently waaay more hardcore and accessible.

Plus I'm cosigning so hard on the above post that I might break my pen.I just can't wait for Kasper,Hunter,Okoye,Malice,QDJ,Achebe,etc.to be back.I really wish RH had found a way to use them in his books. I really think he woulda had more people onboard sooner and longer had he done so. Not the hatas who will hate regardless,I mean real comic heads. I realize that I'm in the distinct minority here,but I reeeeaaaalllly think that the brain anuerysm is a thing that really should be explored and resolved. I think it's disrespectful to ignore CJP's work on BP when he is the one who resurrected BP.

Just my thoughts.

But I'm onboard with BP really.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:57 pm »
Agreed...the brain aneurysm should be resolved so that the two volumes are reconciled.

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:41 pm »
was this comic suppose to come out on wed 2nd. did they push it back.

Jenn

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 09:55:47 pm »
I emailed my friend about Black Panther #8 - she still has an active subscription (I didn't renew mine). Here's her review:

T'Challa is still pimpin hoes. Shuri is even more annoying, if that's possible, and Storm does not exist. I think the Thirsty Hoes ate her.

Apparently Storm isn't even IN this issue, and possibly not even the entire arc.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 10:05:34 pm »
I emailed my friend about Black Panther #8 - she still has an active subscription (I didn't renew mine). Here's her review:

T'Challa is still pimpin hoes. Shuri is even more annoying, if that's possible, and Storm does not exist. I think the Thirsty Hoes ate her.

Apparently Storm isn't even IN this issue, and possibly not even the entire arc.

Lolololololololol!!! BOTH of u r cuhrayzee! TChalla ain't pimpin nobody,he's in rehab and he's too coo for that wakkness anywho.Yall are waaayy too hard on Shuri. Shuri is ILL,yo. And Thirsty Hos? LOLOLOL u r the only two peeps on this Earth that could look at the badazz raw dawg DORA MILAJE warriors and think:"YEP! THEM THAR FEMMES ARE SOME THIRSTY HOS!!" Lololol. why dey gotta be THIRSTY? Lololol
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Naki

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 04:03:18 am »

Lolololololololol!!! BOTH of u r cuhrayzee! TChalla ain't pimpin nobody,he's in rehab and he's too coo for that wakkness anywho.Yall are waaayy too hard on Shuri. Shuri is ILL,yo. And Thirsty Hos? LOLOLOL u r the only two peeps on this Earth that could look at the badazz raw dawg DORA MILAJE warriors and think:"YEP! THEM THAR FEMMES ARE SOME THIRSTY HOS!!" Lololol. why dey gotta be THIRSTY? Lololol

It's all a matter of perspective SI.  If a woman sees her husband surrounded by a group of beautiful half dressed women we automatically thick HO HO HO.  Now you tell me what do men think when they see their women surrounded by a group of male eye candy that have muscles on top of muscles?  Trust me nothing good comes to their mind that's for sure.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 04:07:18 am »
The artwork is too sketchy for my tastes. But the fight was exciting. I like Paul Renaud's design of her boots better. Maybe they should try incorporating African interlacing geometric patterns throughout the rest of her costume. The story has this '24' conspiracy feeling and I'll give it a chance. But I stopped watching that show after season 2, so this better wrap up quickly. I noticed this is no longer a "Dark Reign" story, so I'm worried BP is being marginalized in fighting the Cabal. Why hasn't T'Challa told anyone what Namor told him about them? Is he really that obsessed with getting revenge?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 04:42:14 am »
Storm will be back.  Stayed tuned.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn