Author Topic: The VMA's: Kanye does it again!  (Read 10429 times)

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
The VMA's: Kanye does it again!
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:14:56 am »
VS.

At last night's MTV Video Music Awards Kanye West snatched the microphone from 17 year old country singer Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech to complain that Beyonce should have won the award. He left early to apologize via Twitter to her and her family so he wasn't around to hear the resounding boos everytime his name was mentioned afterwards. When Beyonce accepted her award for video of the year she called Taylor onstage to finish her speech.

So what do you think? Were Kanye's comments staged or was he really drunk on that bottle of Hennessy he was toting around? It got 50,000 Tweets in 30 seconds. To me he made the show, it was the best performance of the night. I just hate when people say what's in their hearts and then turn around and apologize for it. Man the hell up!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: The VMA's: Kanye does it again!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:37:50 am »
I just hate when people say what's in their hearts and then turn around and apologize for it. Man the hell up!

He can saw whatever he wants, but jesus christ, show some respect.  I'm not a huge follower of Kanye West but whenever I see him, he seems to basically be yelling "ME ME ME ME ME ME!"  I'm not a follower of Taylor Swift either, but she seems to be a sweet young girl who was excited for winning the award.  Of course, Kanye has to act like a jackass, interrupt her, and leave her visibly uncomfortable.

The guy has no class.  He can say whatever he wants but he should say it on his own time.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:32 am »
Kanye West is an idiot.
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline moor

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:08:27 am »
All I could think of while sitting through Brand's monologue was.. "People still find these relevant?"

I mean, MTV isn't even in the Music Video business anymore.  I was about to take a nap when Kanye showed up to snap me out of my stupor. He's their offical court jester, after all.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:25:55 am »
Kanye West is an idiot.

Seconded!  At least Beyonce had the grace to extend an opportunity for Swift to have her moment.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:50:16 am »
Kanye West?

HMMMMM?

A megalomaniac rapper?

I shall add his name to my black super villain profile list along with Reverend Wright, James David Manning and Marion Barry!

This is getting better day by day!

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:25:32 am »
Kanye West is an idiot.
and a dick head!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 11:33:22 am »
I feel bad for Taylor Swift but I wonder about a couple of things:

Do kids even CARE about the VMA’s anymore?

Was Kanye drowning his sorrows in Hennessey because he only got like 3 nominations or because he was stuck at the VMA’s in the first place?

Afterward did Jay-Z reward Kanye with a Scooby Snack? And if he did, did Kanye say “Rank you, Ray-Z!” after he ate it? 

I’d think this was a work (Wrassling slang for a set piece) but nobody, but nobody is dumb enough to think that calling out a little blonde white girl on national television will end well for the perpetrator.

Jenn

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 12:57:17 pm »
I just hate when people say what's in their hearts and then turn around and apologize for it.

Same here. The apology made him look even dumber than the original outburst. Just stick by your mistake until the end, like Lil Mama.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 01:41:06 pm »
I just hate when people say what's in their hearts and then turn around and apologize for it.

If I had a quarter for every time I met somebody at work who said
"what was in their heart" on the job and ended up being fired for it I could retire right now.  ;D

Would it kill these silly f*cks to think before they speak?

I don't think apologizing will make him seem any worse. Dude rained on the parade of a 17 year old on national television. Hard to do worse, in that arena.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 04:07:31 pm »
The thing is when you say something you REALLY feel and get fired, at least you can revel in the comfort of your integrity. He can't even do that.

I hope some producer put a bug in his ear and it was setup like the @ss in Eminem's face at the MTV Movie Awards. He's crossed a line and is in an indefensible position. He can't be that stupid. He's burning through all his "mad musical genius" currency and all that will be left is an @sshole with a record deal.

All he's done is grant a boon to Taylor Swift, Beyonce and later on tonight...Jay Leno.

Offline isaiah_bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »
was people this upset when adrien brody damn near rape halle berry at the oscars.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 05:43:03 pm »
did Public Enemy win anything?  never mind..   :'(
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 07:10:14 am »
I just checked out that clip on YouTube and I didn't even know that Taylor Swift was a country music artist...

...a country music artist...   

Man...!  The mean, racist stuff posted in the comments section in each VMA 2009 clip posted... Wooooo! :o

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:00 am »
Kanye may have some emotional disturbance or something, but that brutha needs to be dealt with!
On HLN, I heard one of the commentators express SURPRISE that urban radio stations DID NOT CONDONE Kanye's actions.

WTF?

They really think Black folks don't recognize STUPIDITY?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй