Author Topic: The Cleveland Show. What does everyone think?  (Read 16666 times)

Offline mayday

• View Profile
Re: The Cleveland Show. What does everyone think?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2010, 09:57:37 am »
you didnt like the kanye west episode?
lol

I had to really sit and think about what I expected this show to be. Kanye was okay...I think I am expecting "Chappelles Show" funny. I was at the very least expecting Family Guy funny. I am not happy with just seeing some black looking people in a cartoon. I think we are being duped (CON-spiracy). I can see the creator..."If you BUILD it they will come" (na'mean?) They (US) spend the MOST money on bullsh** anyway, let the advertising dollar$ flow in.....

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2010, 12:05:04 pm »
you didnt like the kanye west episode?
lol

I had to really sit and think about what I expected this show to be. Kanye was okay...I think I am expecting "Chappelles Show" funny.

Why? MacFarlane never promised that, none of his shows are Dave Chappelle's funny, not even the funniest ep of Family Guy.

I was at the very least expecting Family Guy funny.

That I can understand, and it makes sense since its an official spinoff. I personally think its as funny with some eps being slightly more funnier. It also helps that Cleveland isn't a complete moron like Peter, but mileage may vary on that one.

I am not happy with just seeing some black looking people in a cartoon.

Versus not seeing black people at all? Could you clarify a bit?
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »
*Fox has announced that it will bring back “The Cleveland Show’ for a third season.

The animated series, which airs Sundays, is the network’s highest-rated half-hour among adults 18-34 and teens, according to Variety.

The show features voiceovers from Mike Henry, Sanaa Lathan, Reagan Gomez, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jason Sudeikis and Seth MacFarlane, as well as Arianna Huffington in a recurring role.

Guests voices for the upcoming season will include Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Tony Hawk and cast members from “Glee.”

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:09 am »
*Fox has announced that it will bring back “The Cleveland Show’ for a third season.

The animated series, which airs Sundays, is the network’s highest-rated half-hour among adults 18-34 and teens, according to Variety.

The show features voiceovers from Mike Henry, Sanaa Lathan, Reagan Gomez, Kevin Michael Richardson, Jason Sudeikis and Seth MacFarlane, as well as Arianna Huffington in a recurring role.

Guests voices for the upcoming season will include Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Snoop Dogg, Tony Hawk and cast members from “Glee.”

Wow. Fox isn't easy to please, so The Cleveland Show must be doing very well for them to greenlight a THIRD season when they've only just finished the voices for the SECOND (no animation done yet) and just wrapped up the FIRST.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 01:20:47 pm »

That's good news!

Although, I haven't seen a full episode of either two seasons, I can look forward to watching at least 3 seasons on DVD.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 03:58:48 am »
Wow. A third season green light so soon? Yeah, FOX is putting rare faith in this show, but so far McFarlane hasn't let them down and its likely a good move on their part. I think the show isn't bad and has improved since the premiere. I read a scathing article from John McWhorter about the show in which he accused it of being a Family Guy clone that was only distinctive because the characters were black, or that's what I took from his critique. On the surface it might look that way, but when you put the characters head to head it isn't like that. There are differences and those differences impact the characters and the story lines. Though Family Guy and Cleveland probably go to the same well for a lot of jokes or gags. American Dad goes to some of the same well, but not quite as often. 

Here's hoping that they get more into black pop culture in the Cleveland Show's second season. I don't know if there are any black writers on the show, but their inclusion would help.