Author Topic: Sophia Stewart: Mother Of The Matrix  (Read 15021 times)

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
Re: Sophia Stewart: Mother Of The Matrix
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 07:43:00 pm »
Godheval I can autograph that for you if you want.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
OKAY, FOR THE LAST TIME...IT'S NOT TRUE! from SHADOW AND ACT
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 05:40:34 pm »
O.K. for the last timeÖ ITíS NOT TRUE!

By Sergio, on October 28th, 2009

I can practically guarantee that every reader on our site, no matter where in the world they may be, has heard of Sophia Stewart at least once in their lives. If the name escapes you at the moment, this should refresh your memoryÖ sheís the woman who won a major million dollar copyright infringement suit against the Wachowski brothers, producer Joel Silver and Warner Bros, over The Matrix, which the main concept, she claimed, was stolen from a sci-fi book she wrote back in the early 80ís called, The Third Eye. And that the all powerful, all seeing and all knowing media establishment have conspired in a plan to keep the public from knowing that this lone brave sister had triumphed over the wicked powers that be.

Yeah, right youíre saying to yourself. I know who she is now. However thereís only one problem was this storyÖ ITíS NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt youíve heard about her and her case from what looks like a legitimate news story thatís circulated on the internet, all over the world, at least six billion times during the last few years. Just this morning, I received that same e-mail (I think for the 1,246th time), this time from a close friend overseas who got it from a friend in Europe who, from what I understand, got it from a high level U.S. government official in Europe. But believe me folks, I swear itís not true. And no, Iím not hatiní either.

The basic facts are certainly true. Sci-fi writer Stewart did indeed sue the makers of The Matrix for copyright violations and she also has claimed that The Terminator and its sequels were also stolen from her. But the cold fact is that she LOST her case, and it was thrown out of court in June 2005. As the L.A. Times reported at the time:

ďUnfortunately, Judge Margaret Morrow wasnít interested in surprises. In her 53-page ruling, Morrow dismissed [Sophia Stewart]ís case, noting that Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster the key claims in her suit or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directorsí films. Stewart says she is hiring additional attorneys and is asking the court to reconsider that decision, but earlier this summer, in a nearly empty courtroom 790 of the Roybal Federal Building, Stewartís case apparently ended with a whimper.Ē
However, Stewart, who was notorious in Hollywood for being something of a nutcase, according to people in the industry I know, was very clever and made up the fake news item and sent it out over the internet where itís obviously been circulating even still today. Just this weekend, at a function, someone came up to me asking me about if I had heard about this woman who won this case about the Matrix being stolen from her. It just refuses to die.

Naturally, the item was jumped on by the black media without checking out the facts, which caused it to keep going even farther. Itís easy to understand why it would happen. People want to believe so much in the idea of a some sister battling against a Snidely Whiplash (an in-joke reference to baby boomers out there) moustache twirling, evil, corrupt, greedy white power structure, and against all odds, emerging victorious. But thatís not that case here folks. Sorry to burst your bubble.

In fact Stewart, after losing her case, believes that her lawyers were in-cahoots with the Matrix people to destroy her case and reputation, and in July 2007 filed a $150 million malpractice lawsuit against them. Since then, nothing has been heard of Ms. Stewart, her case, or anything else for that matter. So the next time you get that e-mail about Stewart winning the case, remember what Iíve just told you.

Or if you want to, believe it, if makes you feel better.

Offline Godheval

• Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Godheval.net
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »
Oh, well because "Sergio" says so, I guess it isn't true.

TF?

Heh.

(Mind you, I'm not saying it is true - I really don't give a crap - but is this supposed to be conclusive evidence?)
Godheval - Writer, Philosopher, Dreamer, Idealist
http://www.godheval.net

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:19:56 pm »
What is Sergio's last name?

Could it be, Wachowski? Or perhaps, Warner?

I DEMAND full disclosure here!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:55 pm »
Ha! Sergio Mims, a film professional and journalist.  This is from a column he writes for the site SHADOW AND ACT. 

I love how folks get all skeptical about the debunking but no one questions her claims, which make no sense.

Offline Godheval

• Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Godheval.net
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 01:00:14 pm »
I love how folks get all skeptical about the debunking but no one questions her claims, which make no sense.

Who?  Not me.

But I will say that it's not unreasonable to reflexively side with an individual over a multinational conglomerate, or if you are a person of color - with a person of color over white people.  But it is essential to look at all the facts before you take a position.
Godheval - Writer, Philosopher, Dreamer, Idealist
http://www.godheval.net

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 02:31:35 pm »
I've heard about the late Art Buchwaldís lawsuit against the creators of Coming to America.

I donít remember hearing about Ellisonís lawsuit against the Terminator people. But Harlan sues (and gets sued) so frequently that I can see how Harlan winning a lawsuit would not be news.

The only place Iíve ever heard of this woman was here. Considering how well covered every aspect of the Matrix films were, it hard to see how something like that could actually happen without anybody hearing about it.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 03:48:29 pm »
Ha! Sergio Mims, a film professional and journalist.  This is from a column he writes for the site SHADOW AND ACT. 

Ms. Stewart has a pending lawsuit so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt til then.

Mims is a rather strange name, perhaps its an alias of sorts. I will have to check into this. 8)

I still haven't tracked down the THIRD EYE yet.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 07:46:28 pm »

Ms. Stewart has a pending lawsuit so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt til then.

Mims is a rather strange name, perhaps its an alias of sorts. I will have to check into this. 8)

Does she have a pending lawsuit? 

And has anyone ever read her book?  Has anyone ever seen her book?

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 08:12:08 pm »

Does she have a pending lawsuit? 

And has anyone ever read her book?  Has anyone ever seen her book?

Well according to "Sergio Mims" she filed a lawsuit against her attorneys for malpractice.

As for the book, no one seems to have it, Amazon, B&N no one.

Coincidence, I think not.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:47 pm »
Maybe she never published a book.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 09:29:21 pm »
Maybe she never published a book.

Don't give into the machine, Reggie.

I've seen the book cover and the back one as well.

It HAS to be real.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 09:38:46 am »
God luv ya, Reg.

true facts. god forbid.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 03:36:48 pm »
Is there anyway tpo search for the book thru the Library of Congress?  I don't mean to get a copy of the book, but to see if the book exists since all books are registered there.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 08:54:08 pm »
Is there anyway tpo search for the book thru the Library of Congress?  I don't mean to get a copy of the book, but to see if the book exists since all books are registered there.

http://catalog.loc.gov/

Searching for Sophia Stewart as author yielded:
Your search found no results *

* Please note: The Library of Congress does not keep a copy of every title ever published.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."