Author Topic: Storm Solo Series Discussion  (Read 22123 times)

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
Storm Solo Series Discussion
« on: October 04, 2009, 10:16:03 am »
I saw this discussion about a Storm solo series on Comic Book Resources:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=288900

Do you all agree with some of the comments? Disagree?

Jenn

Re: Storm Solo Series Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:33:09 am »
That thread is just another excuse for people to bitch and whine about the marriage (again) and throw in their sly racist remarks (again).

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:20:04 am »
That thread is just another excuse for people to bitch and whine about the marriage (again) and throw in their sly racist remarks (again).

Yeah that's what it basically became, but that wasn't OP goal. He & I were taking about in the Storm  Appreciation Thread on cbr. then another poster suggest to him to start a new thread to more replies/ ideas & etc. But you know the haters got to come cry & troll like always.

Post #7481 -  #7493

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=209048&page=499

Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 11:32:50 am »
Here are my ideas :

Call it Storm & the X-men/X-Treme X-Men (I also like Storm: Queen of Wakanda & Storm: Goddess of the Sky which was another poster suggestion). & don't let Claremont anywhere near it.

Get Yost or some one that know her character well (which means get Yost to write it lol because non of the other X-writers get her IMO)

Also I sure Chris Gage and or Jeff Parker can write a good Storm because they seem to really get the voices of what ever character they write no matter how big or small the character is or what their role in the story/book is.

Also get a big name artist on the book for the 1st few arcs.

Have her & her team mostly base in Wakanda/have travel the world/all around the Marvel u .
Have her squad/team rescue Kitty & go fix up Genosha.

Maybe make a Mutant Town in Wakanda once mutants get repowered.

Have her team go look for all the former x-men that the x-men forgot about over the years.

Have they go find the mutants have have know way to get to the x-men (like NyX & Muties) I'm sure that their are other mutants out there like
that in the marvel u.

Have her work with Sunfire and other mutant world leaders to help mutants more (which would make the Purifers/Bastion/etc even more pissed.)  ;D

To give more of a push in the marvel U have her join NA for a few storyarcs.

Also create a Liberators book. with Jade (I hate the name She-Hulk),Storm, Invisible Woman, Photon & Hellcat.. And few lesser know characters .

Maybe have the team mostly led by Jade (renamed She Hulk). Have Storm & Invisible Woman show up every other storylines/arc because they have would have lives outside the book.
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 11:34:29 am »
I saw this discussion about a Storm solo series on Comic Book Resources:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=288900

Do you all agree with some of the comments? Disagree?

I agree with the posters who I don't have on my ignore list at that site. lol
Pull List

Jenn

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 11:39:44 am »
don't let Claremont anywhere near it.

Best advice ever.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 11:41:45 am »
If you did a Storm solo; I say, get her new non-mutant foes.

First storyline, she has to stop the plan of Doom, or Manderin, Loki...someone major, someone that would require victory by more brain power than by mutant powers.

On top of that, she needs a solid new advesary.  No more shadow king, brood or sentinals.  Something that could be her and hers alone.  And someone who is her equal in power.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:15 am »

First storyline, she has to stop the plan of Doom, or Manderin, Loki...someone major, someone that would require victory by more brain power than by mutant powers.

On top of that, she needs a solid new advesary.  No more shadow king, brood or sentinals.  Something that could be her and hers alone.  And someone who is her equal in power.

I agree with all above..  8)
Pull List

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 12:30:07 pm »
let Mr. Reggie write the ongoing series.. ah.. now that Disney's footing the bills, they need to expand their series lines..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 02:58:35 pm »

On top of that, she needs a solid new advesary.  No more shadow king, brood or sentinals.  Something that could be her and hers alone.  And someone who is her equal in power.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Also, keep Callisto and the Morlocks out of it. I am so tired of them and they don't pose any real threat to her on a power level. With Forge gone, maybe the Advasary can become a major antagonist for Storm.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 03:47:42 pm »
Advesary is a foe who could be brought back, but I want her to have her own foe, not a borrowed foe.  Then again, it has worked before.

Calisto and the Morlocks--ditto.

You know, since you need a support cast, why not borrow something from X-men Evolution--a super powered family memmber.  (Just cooler powers than Spyke.)

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »
let Mr. Reggie write the ongoing series..

Right because he did so much with her when he had the chance.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 06:31:29 pm »
I like to see a Stormseries  but  fully incorporate all aspects of Ororo; Wakandan and mutant. I think she should be THE mutant leader and Wakanda as a hub of mutant activity outside America. That's a lot of grist for the mill.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:07:01 pm by Princesa »

Offline BarbaraB

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 06:33:47 pm »
You know, since you need a support cast, why not borrow something from X-men Evolution--a super powered family memmber.  (Just cooler powers than Spyke.)

As much as I hate secret family members popping out of nowhere I can't help but be interested in something Dave Cockrum said in an interview:

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:45:31 pm »
You know, since you need a support cast, why not borrow something from X-men Evolution--a super powered family memmber.  (Just cooler powers than Spyke.)

As much as I hate secret family members popping out of nowhere I can't help but be interested in something Dave Cockrum said in an interview:

WoW this is the 1st I've ever heard of this.. Very interesting that she may have a sister or brother or both some where in the world (marvel U).

WoW this is the 1st I've ever heard of this.. Very interesting that she may have a sister or brother or both some where in the world (marvel U).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:49:13 pm by 4sake »
Pull List