Author Topic: CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY review  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY review
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:08:52 pm »
CAPITALISM:  A LOVE STORY

I was so hyped about GOOD HAIR that when I saw the promos for Michael Mooreís new film, I was a little let down.  I am both a friend and fan of Michaelís, but the promo didnít move me like FARENHEIT 9/11, for example.  But I know Mike always brings it, so with my first window of time to see a movie in weeks, I went to check it out.

CAPITALISM:  A LOVE STORY is not a good movie, itís a great one, and it should be mandatory viewing for every American.  Iím tempted to say itís Mooreís best film, but I donít want to denigrate the memory of seeing ROGER & ME, BOWLING FOR COLUMBIE and FARENHEIT 9/11 for the first time.  But the scope of the film is so vast, the information is presented in such an accessible manner, and his growth as a filmmaker is so clear, it feels like a career summary. 

I want to say more, but I donít want to do any spoilers.  Letís just talk about it on the forum after you see it, okay?

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY review
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:47:44 am »
I was living in sucky Flint, Michigan way back when Michael Moore was filming Roger and Me.  (Wendell Harris was shooting all my friends in Chameleon Street around the same time).  I distinctly recall bumping into Michael around town several times and thinking he was such an odd character.  Was blown away by the final product of Roger and Me and am so happy to see that Michael has continued to bring it better and better with each film!  Looking forward to seeing this one!  I'm a big, big fan!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Jenn

Re: CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY review
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »
Going to see it tomorrow afternoon.  ;D