Author Topic: PULL YA PANTS UP!  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
PULL YA PANTS UP!
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:48:51 am »
  It's official... HBCUs ain't having it anymore!
Morehouse: Pull Up Your Pants, Take Off That Cap

Pull Ya Pants Up...!

By BET.com Staff

Historically Black Morehouse College in Atlanta is no place for saggy pants, bandanas and high-heeled shoes, campus officials ruled this week.

Read on, reader...

Jenn

Re: PULL YA PANTS UP!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:10:17 am »
Mincey-ass Morehouse != HBCUs. If they tried to pull this crap at FAMU, they'd be laughed out of Florida. But this isn't the worst of it - that honor goes to Hampton's business school, which bans dreadlocks and braids.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:21:58 am »
. But this isn't the worst of it - that honor goes to Hampton's business school, which bans dreadlocks and braids.

Damn!
Students STILL gotta have Good Hair to go to Hampton?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Jenn

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:36:33 am »
I believe the same thing applies to their drill team. You have to have a perm. I'd have to look it up again, but I'm pretty sure it was Hampton.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:20:43 pm »
Daniel Edwards, co-president of Safe Space, a gay-straight alliance student campus organization, told the newspaper that the policy is discriminatory because it restricts men from wearing women’s clothing. “Some believe that this restriction is what the entire policy is correlated around,” says Edwards. “It is all an issue of perception and what manner of image you want to prescribe to.”

How many drag queens are at Morehouse for this to even be an issue?

Way to keep your eye on the ball guy.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 01:31:23 pm »

I imagine this guy waddling around like a penguin ala Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 02:48:47 pm »
Mincey-ass Morehouse != HBCUs. If they tried to pull this crap at FAMU, they'd be laughed out of Florida. But this isn't the worst of it - that honor goes to Hampton's business school, which bans dreadlocks and braids.

When I was at FAMU, SBI banned men from wearing braids and dreadlocks. (I don't know if they banned women doing the same or not.)

You are definitely right, though... If FAMU tried to pull this... well... we'd still be hearing the laughter.

I understand the thing about the baseball caps and the doorags. I have to remind my male students to pull them off all the time...

...and the pants down at the waist thing is actually one of my pet peeves. My eye starts twitching every time I see that. I took my parents out to lunch a few days ago and saw this 15-year-old kid with his pants down around his knees and his red boxers hanging out. It took all my willpower not to get up from my seat, walk up to him, slap him upside the head, and tell him to pull up the damn pants.

I remember sitting at a police officer's funeral and this kid walks in and goes to the seat in front of me with his pants hanging down. I'm trying to pay attention to other things, but all I can see is this ass right in my face, all the time praying that he doesn't let out a really raunchy, smelly fart.

The jeans thing is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:50:20 pm by Lion »

Jenn

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »
I have no love for the pants. Especially since their skinny asses are walking around w/one hand holding up the darn things.But the guys who are sagging w/a shirt covering the boxers...enh, I have better things to worry about.

Our FAMU girls were worse. We (yes, WE) would wear our pants sliiiiightly low, just enough to let the sides of our thongs show. I look at those pics now and shake my head. But that's just the thing - I wore those TO SCHOOL, and not even in class. The idea that because guys wear saggy pants at school that they'll forget to take them off in a job interview is just stupid.

And I'll never understand the attitudes towards men and their locs. Cornrows, I can take or leave, but the only other option is to either loc it or cut it (or God forbid, put it in an Afro). And who the hell wants to work in a place where you can't wear your own hair anyway?

Oh, and headgear indoors? That's the one thing I will not tolerate. It clearly tells the world that you weren't raised with a drop of home training.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:39:56 pm by Jenn »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 06:31:01 am »
I imagine this guy waddling around like a penguin ala Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins

Ah Ha-hah!!!

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:03:06 am »
Sad and embarassing. What kind of little boy trying to be grown man expect to be taking seriously on a college campus? Yes at times a number of the incoming freshman are guilty of it but still it is played out and it is stupid. What makes this funny (well not really) gay men still do this just as much the only difference is their jeans are tighter.
I have no love for the pants. Especially since their skinny asses are walking around w/one hand holding up the darn things.But the guys who are sagging w/a shirt covering the boxers...enh, I have better things to worry about.

Our FAMU girls were worse. We (yes, WE) would wear our pants sliiiiightly low, just enough to let the sides of our thongs show. I look at those pics now and shake my head. But that's just the thing - I wore those TO SCHOOL, and not even in class. The idea that because guys wear saggy pants at school that they'll forget to take them off in a job interview is just stupid.

And I'll never understand the attitudes towards men and their locs. Cornrows, I can take or leave, but the only other option is to either loc it or cut it (or God forbid, put it in an Afro). And who the hell wants to work in a place where you can't wear your own hair anyway?

Oh, and headgear indoors? That's the one thing I will not tolerate. It clearly tells the world that you weren't raised with a drop of home training.
Or you would have the one's that don't wear anything and purposely bend down pick up something to make sure we see their crack. I didnt complain  ;D
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 11:33:46 am »
I believe the same thing applies to their drill team. You have to have a perm. I'd have to look it up again, but I'm pretty sure it was Hampton.

Annnnnd Good Hair wins again!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Jenn

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:59 pm »
Or you would have the one's that don't wear anything and purposely bend down pick up something to make sure we see their crack. I didnt complain  ;D

Yuck. Since when is butt crack sexy? I liked showing off my back tat, tho. I think it's a law that every freshman girl has to get a tattoo.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 01:08:43 pm »
Or you would have the one's that don't wear anything and purposely bend down pick up something to make sure we see their crack. I didnt complain  ;D

Yuck. Since when is butt crack sexy? I liked showing off my back tat, tho. I think it's a law that every freshman girl has to get a tattoo.
And how is revealing a thong any more sexier? Yes of course the "mystery" angle of things but also depending on the lady the thong just doesn't work when she has some rolls coming out of her stomach. LOL

A tramp stamp? really? Wow  Best line ever in any movie about the exact thing:
"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.":o

I wouldn't think you would have one LOL. But truthfully I think women getting tats is becoming wack and getting old. I mean it used to be sexy where it was few women but now just about other every woman has one. For example so many of my co-workers have them and I at times I just  ::) and remember these women are in their 40s still with that tramp stamp LOL. Generic tattoos that everyone else has IMO are LAME (tribal, gothic, some clowns name she is not dating, mickey mouse, winnie the pooh or floral pattern) and 99% of the time say NOTHING about that person. If the tattoo doesn't say anything whats the point? What separates Mickey Mouse from a potato?  To add if the girl is too fat already (which again alot of my co-workers and a third of baltimore) or the body far from in good shape, then the tattoo draws attention to it and makes the overall appearance worse.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Jenn

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 01:38:00 pm »
And how is revealing a thong any more sexier?

Because you have the have the body to pull it off (which I do). Your stomach has to be flat as a board, but with enough hips to hold your pants in place. Done right, you should be able to see just a sliiiight bit of string on the sides of the hips. Aaliyah more or less had it down to a science.

"Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.":o

1) I got your tramp stamp, so LOL on that.
2) Wouldn't need it if you knew what you were doing.  
3) What makes you think we get tats for YOU? If my body art offends your delicate eyes, don't look.

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 02:15:15 pm »
Its hard to get a read on Jenn.

I think I have her down based on one post and then there is another that makes me do a 180.