Author Topic: Revolution, it's the only solution. -Sam Wilson's blog...  (Read 7664 times)

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Revolution, it's the only solution. -Sam Wilson's blog...
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:28:50 pm »
Yo.

Today I took donuts from the teacher's lounge and gave them to a hungry kid.

But let me clarify,

The lady who brings those donuts is a 50 something republican/Christian fundamentalist/ultra right wing white lady. She once had an open conversation in said lounge about how MLK day is a "worthless" holiday and "they don't deserve a day". I took that bitches donuts and gave them to a kid with a neck tattoo. He was hungry, said his mom has no food in the house. Not uncommon in my school. I had no money, I had to improvise. So I took the bitches donuts.

Yo, all of you do me a favor. Do something revolutionary. Exercise your right to civil disobedience, which can take on a whole new meaning if you live in an uncivil society like I do. Take from the haves, give to the have nots. Be nice to a kid with a neck tattoo. Raise your fist and extend your middle finger if you have to.

Revolution, it's the only solution. I'm Sam Wilson, and I teach in a public high school...

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Revolution, it's the only solution. -Sam Wilson's blog...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 04:18:08 pm »
Take from the haves, give to the have nots. Be nice to a kid with a neck tattoo. Raise your fist and extend your middle finger if you have to.

I'm not sure if I am a have, but if I am, please don't take from me  :o

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 05:11:33 pm »
Take from the haves, give to the have nots. Be nice to a kid with a neck tattoo. Raise your fist and extend your middle finger if you have to.

I'm not sure if I am a have, but if I am, please don't take from me  :o

you're to young to be the man. so go to work and take your asshole co-workers good coffee and give it to the custodians or the mail guy. word.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:26:09 pm »
just curious, Sam.. were this woman's doughnuts that she buys all powdered?   no chocolate? ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 05:53:31 am »
I salute you, Sam.
Yesterday morning, one of my bags was overweight when I went to check-in for a flight.  Significantly, overweight.
The agent was gonna charge me $150 for the extra weight, until I offered to buy coffee for everyone behind the counter.  (it was o'dark thirty in the a.m.)
So does that sort'a count, Sam?  The agents got coffee and profuse thank yous . I got my bag on the flight with me.  And we all dissed the airline for $150.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 01:17:00 pm »
I salute you, Sam.
Yesterday morning, one of my bags was overweight when I went to check-in for a flight.  Significantly, overweight.
The agent was gonna charge me $150 for the extra weight, until I offered to buy coffee for everyone behind the counter.  (it was o'dark thirty in the a.m.)
So does that sort'a count, Sam?  The agents got coffee and profuse thank yous . I got my bag on the flight with me.  And we all dissed the airline for $150.

indeed. Revolution. defiantly counts. You stuck it to the man, helped out some folks, and got a break all at once. word...

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 01:17:27 pm »
just curious, Sam.. were this woman's doughnuts that she buys all powdered?   no chocolate? ;)

no chocolate. Jelly filled and glazed of course....

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:16 pm »
So I'm on my way home and I'm taking the dreaded route through Bixby Knolls.This route isn't so dreaded any more,but back when I was a teenager? A brutha could possibly be taking his life in his hands simply by passing through and being Black in public view of the Bixby Knolls cops.Anyway...an old acquaintance of mine has a martial arts and video recording studio and stuff there.I'm returning from a long business meeting with him as he tries to convince me to put my knowledge on DVD and sell it. (He doesn't know that me and jefferson sargeant already got the HOOD SELF DEFENSE DVD thang workin.Lololol.Maybe one day jefferson and I might stop joking about that and really do it...) Anywho,I step down the hall to the elevator and get in.I'm only 5'7" and 158 pounds or so...and I look significantly younger than I am.I look like I'm in my early 20's.I still manage to scare into silence the 6 or 8 White folks...all but 2 of whom are male and range from my height to jonathan's size...but I caught the tail end of Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy saying:"...we need to do Obama and all the rest of those monkeys the way that cartoon of the cops in the Post said we should..." and this observation was met with raucous laughter until I--one of "the rest of those monkeys"--entered the elevator.

20 second ride to the Lobby.Total,somewhat uncomfy silence on their part.Furtive glances at me.Ohmygawdhemightbeagangbanger!LookithisGLOVESandOHMYGAWDHEHASAKNIIIFE!!

Yeah.I was demonstrating knife and gun disarms with plastic facsimiles.I forgot to take one of them off of my waist.I was still rockin my black gi pants and...FLEX will love this...I had MMA gloves on.Forgot to take those off too.

When the door opened for the Lobby,you woulda thought it was the green light given at a drag race.Those White folks literally bumped into each other as they bolted away from me.I didn't even have time to make a witty remark before they all flew out the various building exits.I did,however,have time for a good belly shakin head thrown back laugh.I laughed so hard that I slid to the floor...

...where I noted a wallet.With money hanging out of it.

I perused it's contents against my better judgement,and saw the CA DL of Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy.I strolled into the rear parking lot...and there he was.250 yards away or so.Checking his pockets industriously.Furiously shooing away a homeless guy who--I surmised by his body language--was panhandling.

*Sigh*.It's against the code of the martial artist to maliciously steal.So off I went...walking slowly...toward Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy.Passed by the homeless guy,who hit me up for some change.I said:"Yeah,man.Hold up a sec."

I wasn't even 20 feet away when Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy said in a stern voice:"I don't have any money!" and JUMPED IN HIS MERCEDES,GUNNED THE ENGINE,JERKED IT BACKWARDS...NEARLY HIT ME...I JUMPED OUT THE WAY JUST IN TIME...

...and then he stopped just before he peeled out like he was in the CANNONBALL RUN.I was waving his wallet at him.He glared at me suspiciously through his tinted windows.

"If I wanted to rob you," I shouted over the noise of his engine,through his sound smothering tinted windows,and into his suspicious,fury and fear filled glare,"why would I return your wallet? WITH all it's MONEY in it?" Showed him the wad of bills still untouched.He rolled down the passenger window.I dropped the wallet in it.I turned to walk away.

"Hey..hey...sorry son..." now I was his son.

Apologies.Tells me I'm a good young man.Son.He's not old enough to be my father.After a good 2-3 minutes of booming platitudes,he grandly reaches into his wallet--with some $1000 of cash in it--and gives me a $5 bill.With a smile.I said...this fool gives me 5 spot like he did something big.He's smiling.Waiting for me to say thank you.

I give the 5 spot to my dude the Homeless Guy.Homeless Guy is profuse with the thanks.Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy praises my sense of civic duty,and booms platitudes about how WE--it's WE now--have to be careful not to discourage the rugged individualism that's the core of the American spirit while we're helping the less fortunate,as God commanded us.Because some of THEM--it's CLEAR that I'm NOT one of "THEM" anymore,and I am among the sanctified "US"--may use OUR generosity in destructive ways.Drugs for instance.He frowns as Homeless Guy makes a beeline out of the parking lot.

"Rush Limbaugh couldn't've said it better," I comment dryly to Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy.

"Thanks!" came his booming reply."You listen to Rush Limbaugh?" He seems pleasantly surprised."SON?"

"Hey,listen...SON! Why don't you call me..." gives me his business card..."and we'll do lunch or something?"

This fool is...beyond help.I left.

And yeah...as I was rolling away? I saw Homeless Guy...enjoying a value meal at the local hamburger shack.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 08:33:38 pm »
So I'm on my way home and I'm taking the dreaded route through Bixby Knolls.This route isn't so dreaded any more,but back when I was a teenager? A brutha could possibly be taking his life in his hands simply by passing through and being Black in public view of the Bixby Knolls cops.Anyway...an old acquaintance of mine has a martial arts and video recording studio and stuff there.I'm returning from a long business meeting with him as he tries to convince me to put my knowledge on DVD and sell it. (He doesn't know that me and jefferson sargeant already got the HOOD SELF DEFENSE DVD thang workin.Lololol.Maybe one day jefferson and I might stop joking about that and really do it...) Anywho,I step down the hall to the elevator and get in.I'm only 5'7" and 158 pounds or so...and I look significantly younger than I am.I look like I'm in my early 20's.I still manage to scare into silence the 6 or 8 White folks...all but 2 of whom "Rush Limbaugh couldn't've said it better," I comment dryly to Giganimous Republican Suit White Guy.

HOOD DEFENSE DVD is trademarked just to let your friend know! 8)

Jenn

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 02:59:59 pm »
Today I took donuts from the teacher's lounge and gave them to a hungry kid.

I've known teachers who've been written up for less. Reporting hungry kids to the principal so the parents can be called and berated = good. Giving a hungry kid a granola bar = BAD!

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 12:51:19 pm »
Hey,

Sorry I haven't been around the forum. Work is pretty much falling apart. 30 some people got cut today, not me, but since I have a reputation for being a "go to guy" a lot of things are falling on me. I'm pretty sure teachers who've been cut are going to not show up the last two weeks of school, which means there will be some type of violent act at some point. When I left today it looked like an alleyway in a third world country. Trash strewn about everywhere, chaos, people crying. I'm not even making that up. It's going to be a long two weeks, and I gotta do what I do because now more than ever people are counting on me. For some reason I'm looked up to as a leader, so I guess I'd better lead. Anyway, I'll check in when I can.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »
Hey,

Sorry I haven't been around the forum. Work is pretty much falling apart. 30 some people got cut today, not me, but since I have a reputation for being a "go to guy" a lot of things are falling on me. I'm pretty sure teachers who've been cut are going to not show up the last two weeks of school, which means there will be some type of violent act at some point. When I left today it looked like an alleyway in a third world country. Trash strewn about everywhere, chaos, people crying. I'm not even making that up. It's going to be a long two weeks, and I gotta do what I do because now more than ever people are counting on me. For some reason I'm looked up to as a leader, so I guess I'd better lead. Anyway, I'll check in when I can.

your new name is Joe Clark.
i'll be praying for your pray...
don't let the stresses of school life and politics mess with your mind man.
you're a good dude and i love hearing about all of your kind & revolutionary acts.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »
all this sh*t, and then I get this email this morning. I've kept it on my phone and read it about 100 times. I think I'll always keep it there. I don't feel validated or whatever, I always operate under the philosophy you gotta do what you do because its the right thing, not because it gets you props. This email means something to me I guess because I truly cared for this kid, I wished she was my daughter and am proud of what she has accomplished. And yeah, I feel like someone has finally listened to me. Anyway, here it is, the names have been changed to protect the innocent...

Hi Mr.Wilson, its Maria, I'm sure you must remember me from Ms.Smiths class, I know we lost touch a long time ago but I just wanted to say hi and might as well say bye as well now that I'm emailing, I wanted to let you know that I joined the air force, I'm very excited about it!! and I leave this upcoming Tuesday, may 25th. I just wanted to thank you for always being very supportive of me and pushing me to do good, I finally feel like I'm headed in the right direction and when I think of how far I've come I'm reminded of you and I'm grateful for having had you as a teacher. Again thanks for all the inspiration and I hope to keep touch, you can email me back at this email address if you like.

Offline Magic Wand

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »
all this sh*t, and then I get this email this morning. I've kept it on my phone and read it about 100 times. I think I'll always keep it there. I don't feel validated or whatever, I always operate under the philosophy you gotta do what you do because its the right thing, not because it gets you props. This email means something to me I guess because I truly cared for this kid, I wished she was my daughter and am proud of what she has accomplished. And yeah, I feel like someone has finally listened to me. Anyway, here it is, the names have been changed to protect the innocent...

Hi Mr.Wilson, its Maria, I'm sure you must remember me from Ms.Smiths class, I know we lost touch a long time ago but I just wanted to say hi and might as well say bye as well now that I'm emailing, I wanted to let you know that I joined the air force, I'm very excited about it!! and I leave this upcoming Tuesday, may 25th. I just wanted to thank you for always being very supportive of me and pushing me to do good, I finally feel like I'm headed in the right direction and when I think of how far I've come I'm reminded of you and I'm grateful for having had you as a teacher. Again thanks for all the inspiration and I hope to keep touch, you can email me back at this email address if you like.

Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing, Sam.
It's so heartwarming to learn that you've had a positive impact on someone's life.  Keep on being that inspiration brother.
It's working!
Hugz!
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." --Aristotle, Greek philosopher

Доверяй, но проверяй

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:02:53 am »
FYI, some of those kids you talked to in my class last year? We put on a jiu jitsu demo at school last week. you would have been very amused, and mad at me for tying up a bunch of kids and choking them, but whatever...  ;D