Author Topic: Strikeforce: Fedor (30-1) vs. Rogers (10-0)  (Read 3046 times)

Jenn

Strikeforce: Fedor (30-1) vs. Rogers (10-0)
« on: October 31, 2009, 02:07:47 pm »
Nov. 7 on CBS!!! Also, Gegard Mousasi (26-2-1) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (11-4). It's like Christmas in November!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:47:20 pm by Jenn »

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Strikeforce: Fedor (30-1) vs. Rogers (10-0)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 04:35:32 am »
rogers seemed like he had potential. To bad he's gonna die...

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:03:46 am »
rogers seemed like he had potential. To bad he's gonna die...

Yep, I see a quick Zulu beatdown
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Jenn

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »
Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 09:39:03 pm »
Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

Overall it was a great night of fights.

It was great to see the BULLY BEATDOWN host Mayhem; actually had skills and came close to taking the title.

To the main event; Fedor was Fedor, patient, calculating and explosive.

As for Rogers, he is still very raw but unbelievably powerful. He smashed Fedor's nose with a jab!

This is for Sam " Less weight, more hate" Wilson and anybody else who doubts it.

After what I've seen tonight, Brock ANNIHILATES Fedor!

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 04:41:08 am »
Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

It was great to see the BULLY BEATDOWN host Mayhem; actually had skills and came close to taking the title.

As for Rogers, he is still very raw but unbelievably powerful. He smashed Fedor's nose with a jab!

This is for Sam " Less weight, more hate" Wilson and anybody else who doubts it.

seriously, stop smoking crack.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 07:17:38 am »
Uh, so who won? Fedor? in what round?

Jenn

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 10:22:17 am »
Fedor early in round 2, but there's questions on whether it was an early stoppage. Bobby looked great and opened Fedor up with just a jab. He got Fedor on the ground and threw punches in bunches. Brutal! Fedor got the benefit of the doubt in round two when Fedor knocked him down (not out).

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:12:18 pm »
Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

seriously, stop smoking crack.

Your hate can't stop me from being right!

Jenn

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 06:10:53 pm »
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing another division being made, like Super Heavyweight? Because nobody 235 should be fighting anybody 265. That's just ridiculous. Verdun/Silva was ridiculous as well, even though Verdun pulled it out.

Mousasi was looking kind of average last night, but I think that's because Sokoudjou was a beat with those judo moves. It KILLS me that his ground game is so weak! Why work on those kinds of throws and reversals when you can't do anything on the ground? Of course, the Dreamcatcher came through (was there any doubt?). If that kid comes to the UFC, I think the only ones left standing will be him, Machida, Shogun, and maybe Evans and Rampage (if Page comes back).

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 07:35:43 pm »
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing another division being made, like Super Heavyweight? Because nobody 235 should be fighting anybody 265. That's just ridiculous. Verdun/Silva was ridiculous as well, even though Verdun pulled it out.

No super-heavyweight division.

Evolve or die! 8)

Jenn

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 07:55:21 pm »
There's a lot of talk that Fedor can't be the best until he starts fighting the best. I don't want to sh*t on the guy's legacy, biut let's not act like Strikeforce is harvesting the best talent in MMA, save for Mousasi.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 08:30:16 pm »
There's a lot of talk that Fedor can't be the best until he starts fighting the best. I don't want to sh*t on the guy's legacy, biut let's not act like Strikeforce is harvesting the best talent in MMA, save for Mousasi.

I've been saying that ever since he failed to sign to UFC. Sam must've dropped at least 5 lbs that week because he came with the hate about my saying Fedor fears Brock.

While Fedor's legacy is cemented with wins against Minataro, CroCop, Herring all in their prime, as well as the rest of the heavyweight PRIDE division, his decision to sign with Strikeforce does leave a question mark.

The UFC pays more than any other MMA organization, they have the most prestige of any MMA organization, and most of all they have the best Heavyweights.

This reclusive Russian monk caricature isn't flying anymore for me in terms of Fedor being "Uninterested" in the trappings of the fight game and prestige.

If you want to be the best you must beat the best.