Author Topic: White House Denies Obama Bowed to King Abdullah  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Cage

• View Profile
Re: White House Denies Obama Bowed to King Abdullah
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 08:34:11 am »
Yeah, that Obama lying about a bow it makes you wonder what else he would lie about?  Says boxers when he really wears briefs? Claims to listen to PE when he really grooves on Hammer?   Finding weapons of Mass Destruction to start a bullsh*t personal vendetta war to avenge his daddy's shortcomings?   
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 01:15:26 pm »
It's not Obama's fault that everybody is a "SHORTY" to him!

World leaders should stand on their tippy toes so he won't have to bow to they short selves!

Just say NO to world leaders less than 6 feet tall!

Wait... I'm only five foot...

Well there goes my presidential bid!

michaelintp

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 04:04:00 am »
It's not Obama's fault that everybody is a "SHORTY" to him!
World leaders should stand on their tippy toes so he won't have to bow to they short selves!
Just say NO to world leaders less than 6 feet tall!
Wait... I'm only five foot...
Well there goes my presidential bid!

On the contrary!  Flex Hectic for President!  Here is one man who will never be seen bowing to a foreign monarch!   ;D

michaelintp

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 04:19:40 am »
While I didn't intend it to be, this thread has proven to be an interesting psychological experiment, with different perspectives expressed:

1.  Amazement that the White House would deny that the President bowed to a foreign monarch, when the bow was clearly videotaped (revealing a bow from the waste, before the President again stood more erect and shook the king's hand).  The denial raises issues surrounding the President's credibility.  If the President is willing to lie about relatively minor things, he will lie (or has lied) about more significant things. (See also the other video I posted above with similar "disparities" in word and deed).  This is obviously my view. 

2.  Acknowledgement that the President did bow and that it was clearly stupid for the White House to deny that the President did so, as it just prolonged focus on a relatively minor issue that would have quickly blown over, with the denial creating its own problems.  This is a kind of a pragmatic political perspective.  This is, I believe, JLI Jesse's view.

3.  Implicitly acknowledging that the President did bow and that the denial is false, but feeling it is no more significant than lying about the kind of undergarments one wears, and that at any rate this little lie is nothing compared to the prior Administration's big lie that "Iraq was developing weapons of mass destruction" (though whether this was a "lie" is a matter of opinion, not demonstrated fact, as none of us have the ability to watch a video tape of the American and British deliberations and private conversations and beliefs that led up to the invasion of Iraq).  This is a "comparative lying" analysis used to minimize the significance of this breach of truth.  This, I believe, is Cage's view.

4.  The President didn't bow to the king at all.  He "stumbled" or "bent down because he is tall" or "nodded his head," but he did not bow.  This represents total denial.  This is something that I really did not expect, that took me totally by surprise (since I did provide the link to the video, for everyone to see the events with their own eyes).  This is the most interesting of the perspectives, revealing the extent to which what one wants to see can actually affect what one does see.  Which, I believe, is what the White House is counting on, given that the President is still relatively popular.  Several people expressed this viewpoint.

This is all very interesting.  Several people, viewing the very same video, seeing the very same events, experience entirely different reactions and, for some, even see entirely different things.  Makes one wonder, with regard to other issues, when one is dealing with controversial matters lacking clear documentary evidence, what prospect there ever is for concensus.

Offline Cage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 08:24:03 am »
One Man's explanation is another man's lie. 
I ventured into the courtyard followed by 52 brothers bruised battered and scarred but hard.

michaelintp

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 06:05:46 pm »
Or as documented by the video,
One man's lie is another man's "explanation."

Offline FLEX HECTIC

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • FLEX HECTIC
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 09:13:59 pm »
We also have to remember that every thing said from The White House is not from Obama's own mouth.

The man sitting next to the man sitting next to the man sitting next to the man can issue all the statements he wants but that is their job to protect the Presidency and not necessarily Barack himself.

It is the highest office on the planet and from time to time all of are presidents have had their gaffs so mistakes in the heat of the moment can be excused easily.

Now if Barack was holding another leaders coattails around the United Nations building like a little girl then we have a serious problem.

But he gets a pass from me if some foreign princess hottie gets the James bond bow with a kiss on the hand like a suave smooth operator doing his presidential thangy! PLAYA to PLAYA!

What we need now is a black Monica Lewinsky to set this scandal off the right way!

Some sistah from the soufside of Chicago all up in Reverend Wright's church choir with a baby that has those ears and Harvard aspirations! LOL!

I'm not concerned about the rinky dink drama but how one manages himself through it!

AND... this black Monica Lewinsky better look like Halle, Beyonce or very very HOT or I'm pulling Obama's PLAY CARD real quick for risking it all over a hoochie mama!

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 08:47:03 am »
Funny, I didn't hear anything when Bush did this

"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 10:52:52 am »
Obama bowed,gave the kill order to save our captain from pirates,and is righting the worst economic screw up in world history. Bush managed to trash our international image with a relentless mixture of buffoonery and horrific foreign policy myopia. Dubya Bush's and the republican's colossal dooficity caused or furthered much of the unprecedented crapitola we and the world are saddled with in the first place.

Gimme the polite proper but completely nonsubmissive bow over anything from any Republican president over the last 40 years. Next.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 02:27:01 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

michaelintp

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 07:27:31 pm »
Again, my focus is not on the "bow" itself (not a major issue).  My issue with all this is the follow up lie, the denail.  The revisionist story that the President did NOT bow.  What the White House should have done is say, "Yep, the President did bow, to show respect to the Saudi king, he did so spontaneously, this was a minor snafu in U.S. protocol, not a big deal, let's move on."  Instead, with the denial, the President looks like a liar (given the video evidence), who in effect now insults all those in the Arab World who were pleased with the bow. 

Sure, some of you may say, "You just see President Obama bowing because you don't like Obama!  You little Republican troll!"  Well, I had no preconception on this 'till I heard everyone in the media talking about the bow, with nobody initially denying that the President did bow, with the video showing the bow, which I then viewed for myself.  Those in the Arab World who like Obama also were pleased with the bow.  Everybody saw the President bow.  That is what smacks me as so weird about this later denial.  Reminds me of a little kid who says, "I didn't do it, I didn't do it!" when everyone saw him do it.

With respect to how people view the video of the bow, and somehow still deny it, the tag line that Curtis uses seems highly relevant:

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin

(Oh, Supreme, as to Obama righting the worst economic screw up in history ... well, opinions differ, as we've discussed on the "deficit, economy" thread ... many believe his policies are going to make things much much worse over the long haul ... and on that, to know the outcome with certainty ... we'll just have to wait and see.)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 11:39:10 am »
People like to underestimate President Obama when he makes certain gestures by showing respect just like when certain characters underestimate my favorite superhero, Black Panther...

Like in Black Panther #2, written & drawn by Jack Kirby.

Like a panther, T'Challa pretends to show humility by dropping to his knees, creeping close enough to his target to...
- - - SMASH!!!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:01:19 am by Battle »

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 11:49:10 am »
People like to underestimate President Obama when he makes certain getsures by showing respect just like when certain characters underestimate my favorite superhero, Black Panther...

Like in Black Panther #2, written & drawn by Jack Kirby.

Like a panther, T'Challa pretends to show humility by dropping to his knees, creeping close enough to his target to...
- - - SMASH!!!

I must say I'm offended by the Panther's treatment of Hatch22!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 12:01:37 pm »

Well, T'Challa did apologize after he struck Hatch 22, Catch 22! :D

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 12:22:47 pm »

Well, T'Challa did apologize after he struck Hatch 22, Catch 22! :D

That still doesn't make it right!  :'(