Author Topic: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST  (Read 37784 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:30 am »
I know...this pisses me off.

The whole upgrade is pretty lame. It should at least be higher for the post you just gave, you don't see the whinning that would would if T'challa did the same, even if it was explained...you would have haters whinning about.

But if T'challa was just lower level Spiderman...then all that would be out of the window...it would be clear to readers...plus I still don't get why T'challa would risk his life to lift a few more hundred pounds and magic resist...when he could have just build a suit that is far stronger with the same magic wards...for example the Thriced Blessed Armor...being powered armor, instead of just armor.

It doesn't make sense that men died screaming for this upgrade.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2010, 12:56:25 pm »
Completely agree with you Seven. The armor being Thrice blessed could also give the necessary protection against magic. Note about your April 16th post: The official handbook of the Marvel Universe vol.1#2,1983 list that Tchalla is "able to lift (press) approximately 800 pounds." It says Cap "is able to lift (press) 800 pounds with great effort." Tchalla's is "heightened to a nearly superhuman degree." Cap is "heightened to the pinnacle of human perfection." The Deluxe Edition vol.2#2, 1986 edition is out right insulting.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2010, 11:47:09 am »

The whole upgrade is pretty lame. It should at least be higher for the post you just gave, you don't see the whinning that would would if T'challa did the same, even if it was explained...you would have haters whinning about.

But if T'challa was just lower level Spiderman...then all that would be out of the window...it would be clear to readers...plus I still don't get why T'challa would risk his life to lift a few more hundred pounds and magic resist...when he could have just build a suit that is far stronger with the same magic wards...for example the Thriced Blessed Armor...being powered armor, instead of just armor.

I agree.. I'm hoping his upgrade & his Bast power (once he becomes BP again) get combine..
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2010, 11:36:06 am »

The DOUBLE STANDARD make me lol.. I just saw the same guy who complained for 2 pages that T'Challa was able to take Karnak with ease (When even there own creators wrote them like that)..Say he had lil to no problem with Steve R. & 616 NON Super powered Nick Fury not defeat, but beat down the U Foes...   
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2010, 10:05:20 am »
http://www.comicvine.com/news/reginald-hudlin-talks-black-panther-flags-of-our-fathers/141155/

Double standard is clear view...during this Babs (of Comicvine) and Mr. Hudlin interview.
Again...this is why T'challa needs a upgrade that is above Steve Rogers.