Author Topic: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST  (Read 37780 times)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:38 pm »
Case Study 1

Ok, we have seen some T’challa strength feats. Lifting throne that would have taken 3 people to lift. Pushing huge a bolder over a cliff. Braking chains, and wresting a rhino, etc...etc. Still you have Daredevil doing the same things and more; like pushing over a limo.  This is WITHOUT a heart shape herb. You have Danny Rand the Ironfist doing the same things BEFORE his upgrade. They are just as fast as T’challa. They are just as agile as T’challa.

tr.v. bull·dogged, bull·dog·ging, bull·dogs Western U.S.
To throw (a calf or steer) by seizing its horns and twisting its neck until the animal falls.

Now compare that with this.

Steve Rogers benching 1100 pounds in a workout! as in reps with 1100 pounds

Steve Rogers lifting a CAR over his head!

Daredevil curling 300 plus something pounds, fighting with it, then throwing. The same Daredevil that flipped the limo!

Flipping a limo!

According to OHOTMU vol.1 #3 (Mar. 1989) Daredevil is Peakhuman.

More to come
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:00:20 pm by Seven »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2009, 02:05:24 pm »
CS2: what's the difference?

T'challa with Eugenics, Heart Shape Herb, and a life time of training.

Danny Rand, Peak Human from training. Pre-upgrade!

More; "faster then the eye can see." this is before his current upgrade.

OHOTMU: Update '89 #4 (Oct. 1989) says that he is Peak Human.

More to come ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 02:31:16 pm by Seven »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2009, 08:11:28 am »
Redzone was a really underrated storyline.

The Avengers take on a Tom Clancy-like bioweapon threat. Usually you dont see The Avengers used in semi realistic stories of this type.

Not only does Panther get love in this story (like Seven has shown) but the Falcon does too.

If you can pick it up in trade i'd recommend it.

Yes he Does...the Falcon got major love...not some side character. This is my favorite Avengers story.
Tom Foster also gets love (R.I.P). He is not giant man...but a lead scientist at CDC. They should have just left him there.

I asked the gf to get it for x-mas.. So I'll let you know if I liked it or not soon... 8)
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2009, 11:38:07 am »
Redzone was a really underrated storyline.

The Avengers take on a Tom Clancy-like bioweapon threat. Usually you dont see The Avengers used in semi realistic stories of this type.

Not only does Panther get love in this story (like Seven has shown) but the Falcon does too.

If you can pick it up in trade i'd recommend it.

Yes he Does...the Falcon got major love...not some side character. This is my favorite Avengers story.
Tom Foster also gets love (R.I.P). He is not giant man...but a lead scientist at CDC. They should have just left him there.

I asked the gf to get it for x-mas.. So I'll let you know if I liked it or not soon... 8)

cool,I'm sure you will like it.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2009, 03:05:22 pm »
Great grab 4sake!  While The Avengers has a certain allure to it, I'm  becoming more and more enamored with the idea presented here previously, sorry, I don't recall by whom, of T'Challa and Ororo heading up a new version of the Defenders!

Peace,

Mont

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2010, 09:20:55 am »
Besides joining him BMB written Avengers team for a few years (that one of the main things it will take for both T'Challa and Ororo in the comics), cartoon running at least 3/4 season & movie..

T'Challa is a super genius warrior king who some time is viewed as a superhero :

IMO this hold '' the Black Panther (whether it T'Challa, T'Chaka, Shuri, S'Yan, Azzari & etc) & ESPECIALLY T'Challa is a street level/low powered characters type of thinking/attitude needs to go away/ignored'' because he wasn't created as one & nor was he originally as one.. He was atleast mid a level powered  characters imo & when he written correctly that exactly what he..

I've noticed that most of marvel most popular character in comics are low to high mid level powered characters (Spider-Man, Wolverine,  Deadpool, Iron Man, Steve R./Cap.Am & Daredevil are all mid level powered for the most part..) Only characters that break this trend & been able to some what hold an ongoing are Hulk & Thor; maybe She Hulk & The Ghost Riders.. Fantastic Four & X-Men also, but there team books..

Warrior King/Powers/Leader

Now on offense to Daredevil & Iron Fist (pre upgrade) fans but there no way T'Challa (pre upgrade) should be showed less powerfully/stronger than then when he powerfully/stronger both.. T'Challa (post upgrade) is probably stronger than Iron Fist post (upgrade) also..But if he was to kick either of there but most comic fan would have a fit, but the point is he a mid level power character & not a street level powered one.. DD is street level/mid-low powered characters, Cage is street level but because of his out look on life & not his powers (he's stronger than Cap.Am, BP, DD, IF, OMD/BND Spider-Man, & Logan)..

If you take look at the current Avengers rosters

NA :Cage, Spider-Man, Jewel, Logan & Thing
A  : Iron Man, Thor, James. B Hawkeye & Spider-Woman

You can fan boy crying that NA is street level & etc but if actually look at it you can make a better case that A is street level or more street level if we want to go by power levels..

Hawkeye & James B have no powers, but you never here most ppl called them street level or to low powered to be on the Avengers teams.  (An if he were beat them you had some of the same ppl crying)

Steve R. only became Peak Human after taking the SS (become that he a very skinny & well train guy).. While T'Challa (pre upgrade) was shown to Peak Human before he got his Bast/Panther powers & Peak Human without his Bast/Panther powers.. There no way (with what written down in marvel cannon) that T'Challa pre upgrade, or & without his Panther powers is not stronger or as stronger as Cap.Am.. when he should be exactly that. With both panther powers & his upgrades doesn't make sense on any level (other than writer not wanting him to be) that T'Challa shouldn't be show stronger than Steve R. (so what it if piss out fan boys.. It write there in marvel cannon)..   If Steve R can lift  800-1100 pounds than T'Challa with both panther powers & post upgrade he should lift atleast 1200-1600 pounds with (pre upgrade) T'Challa lifting atleast 800-1100..

Also Logan, Spider-Man, Deadpool, Steve R. Iron Frist (per or post upgrade) should be shown faster than T'Challa. An if/when they are written he should be shown/written as even faster because he is faster..

Also I think T'Challa honor code being shown would help also push him to alist.. Also shown more how his ruling style is different from his granddad, dad, uncle & etc..  Show him meeting him each other 18 different tibes/cults (White Gorilla Cult, Lion Cult,  the city, Crocodile Cult,  the mountain, Killmongers.) Maybe introduce/flesh out a some more.. all mutant tibe, maybe Mahatma Gandhi like tibe (as in non-violent/civil disobedience etc type) & etc

Super Genuis

When T'Challa was created he was more than likely at least the 3 maybe 4 smartest person in the Marvel U (Doom, Reed, T'Challa & Tony S.  ).. That shouldn't change imo because certain written tried to dumb him down (crack in Wakanda anyone, that nonsense like Hulk 20 & etc).. I have no problem with your Banners, Pyms & Beast getting smarter, that should mean  T'Challa is now dumber.. like both (Reed & Doom) T'Challa has been shown to be good in/ smart at at lot of science fields (which why I always consider him at least 3rd), but he need a specialty or that we been shown to believe as his specialty needed to be shown more.
Doom - kind of have magic as his he the super guy who great a magic.
Reed -  Idk what his is any idea ?
Beast - mutant genetics (I think he most mostly got role because Prof. X & Mags were either dead.in coma/no longer mutants at the time they putting these list together because they both no more about mutant genetics than him.
Banner & Cho (I stop reading the Hulk books so correct me if I'm wrong) don't they both used numbers/calculation as weapons or something like that.. Also Banner nuclear physics
Tony S. - armors & some weapons
Pym (size-changing/Pym particles even throw he wasn't 1st marvel character to do so)
T'Challa - I believe his specialties is Flight are (his jets, battleship/War ship, wings,planes) & Techno-organic/Technorganic material/matter (Techo jungle) & all things (Vibranium)..

No one in marvel u should be better than T'Challa when it comes to those things.. He should be always show the best at making stuff fly, Technorganic material (he the only human I know of in the marvel U that made & has man -made technorganic material.. All the only Technorganic stuff in the marvel U come from space) & Vibranium..

Viewed as a Super hero

We seen in both Wakanda (lil kid) & US (by Synch) that kids/teen view T'Challa as a super hero/ as their hero also.. That should be play up more..  Like have a few young hero or heroes (maybe Gravity, Black Goliath, Network/Valerie Martin, Reptil & David Evan Munroe jr/Spyke like power would all by good pick imo).. have inspired T'Challa them so how & then have them say why they look up to him & want to be like him & etc.. he already kind of inspired (Gravity &Black Goliath & D.E. Munroe).

Kind of like Cho what was for Hulk & Hercules & Araña for Ms.Marvel, but PLEASE NO not as side kick maybe support cast (like around 10-18 app out of 40-50), but not side kick & not another Ross (42 app in CP run 62)..  No need for them to show in every other issue but maybe every OTHER time T'Challa comes to the USA.. Storm kind already has/had this with most of 3rd/4th gen X-men (your Kittys, Jubes, Cannonballs, also Colossus kind of looks up to her also imo with the big sis lil bro relationship & with 4th/5th/last gen Nezhno..)..  Like show up for team up/for mentoring & then leave lol (like Araña did in Ms.Marvel for a while & how Blue Beetle does on Batman the Brave & the Bold)... IMO Franklin should have went to live with his uncle T'Challa when the FF died in Heroes Reborn & not the X-Men (I know T'Challa was in the HRB world also but it didn't make sense for to be there imo, but at least we got him being drawn by Jim Lee out of it..)

His Peers 

Have them could ask him for help..

Steve R. train with the best of the best (because a lil rustee  for being lost in time/death) he calls  T'Challa or if he wants to learn a new frighting style he calls T'Challa..

Reed new a lil help with a science prob he gives T'Challa a call  especially when it comes to flying, Technorganic material, Vibranium & Etc..

Tony S. needs to get his company back.. So who he need to call T'Challa  :D .. He wants to make  his armor a lil faster or bulid a new speed or & flying base weapon.. Who he need to call... T'Challa  ;D..

Logan - when feel like looking for peace of mind/enter peace.. He should call T'Challa  so he can visited Wakanda & clear his mind snice he semi-suicidal/pushing himself so hard to redeem his bad acts (marvel current reasoning on why he on so many teams & shows up every where)..

Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2010, 12:53:58 pm »
Well said 4sake!!! ;D

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2010, 01:38:25 pm »
There no way (with what written down in marvel cannon) that T'Challa pre upgrade, or & without his Panther powers is not stronger or as stronger as Cap.Am.. when he should be exactly that.

This is why I was pointing out why I didn't like the HSH and it being used like roids. :-X I don't think T'challa should have been stronger then Cap pre HSH, but he was still peak human. The HSH should only move him to Peak human perfection.

With both panther powers & his upgrades doesn't make sense on any level (other than writer not wanting him to be) that T'Challa shouldn't be show stronger than Steve R. (so what it if piss out fan boys.. It write there in marvel cannon)..

Agreed totally.

If Steve R can lift  800-1100 pounds than T'Challa with both panther powers & post upgrade he should lift atleast 1200-1600 pounds with (pre upgrade) T'Challa lifting atleast 800-1100..

Pre upgrade, T'challa was 780 pounds, but he was said to be faster and more agile..yet that was never shown...which hurt the character. Post-upgrade is 1 ton...(not sure if this is max effort either), and should be a hell of a lot faster.

This has to be shown. Doomwar could do a lot if we see T'challa bullet timing...and smacking people.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:11 pm »
There no way (with what written down in marvel cannon) that T'Challa pre upgrade, or & without his Panther powers is not stronger or as stronger as Cap.Am.. when he should be exactly that.

This is why I was pointing out why I didn't like the HSH and it being used like roids. :-X I don't think T'challa should have been stronger then Cap pre HSH, but he was still peak human. The HSH should only move him to Peak human perfection.

With both panther powers & his upgrades doesn't make sense on any level (other than writer not wanting him to be) that T'Challa shouldn't be show stronger than Steve R. (so what it if piss out fan boys.. It write there in marvel cannon)..

Agreed totally.

If Steve R can lift  800-1100 pounds than T'Challa with both panther powers & post upgrade he should lift atleast 1200-1600 pounds with (pre upgrade) T'Challa lifting atleast 800-1100..

Pre upgrade, T'challa was 780 pounds, but he was said to be faster and more agile..yet that was never shown...which hurt the character. Post-upgrade is 1 ton...(not sure if this is max effort either), and should be a hell of a lot faster.

This has to be shown. Doomwar could do a lot if we see T'challa bullet timing...and smacking people.

On here http://marvel.wikia.com/T%27Challa_%28Earth-616%29   they have him around/just under 800 & Steve R. at 800 & 1100

http://marvel.wikia.com/Steven_Rogers_%28Earth-616%29.. So that why I put 800-1100 because imo Steve shouldn't be stronger than pre upgrade  T'Challa (same goes for DD, pre & post upgrade IF & etc imo) .. I'm horrible at math how many pounds are in 1 ton?

I agree with you about the speed..

Well said 4sake!!! ;D

Thanks..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:18:34 pm by 4sake »
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »
The standard ton or short ton is 2000 pounds.

Short Ton = 2,000 Lbs - (which is what we use).
Long Ton = 2,240 Lbs
Metric Ton = 2,204.6 Lbs

So right now T'challa is flat out stronger, faster and more agile. Add his genius level knowledge of physics to his fighting and should be pretty bad ass.

It just has to be shown...and not always implied.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:25:51 pm by Seven »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2010, 03:20:05 pm »
The standard ton or short ton is 2000 pounds.

Short Ton = 2,000 Lbs - (which is what we use).
Long Ton = 2,240 Lbs
Metric Ton = 2,204.6 Lbs

So right now T'challa is flat out stronger, faster and more agile. At his genius level knowledge of physics to his fighting and should be pretty bad ass.

It just has to be shown...and not always implied.

Interesting thanks for the math & I can't wait to see him in action... 8)
Pull List

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »
For another BP feat, during the priest run he stops a cop car with his feet that had been thrown by the hulk

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2010, 04:25:11 am »
Was that his muscles or the costume?  Priest had him wearing a costume that absorbed all impact energy, did the costume absorb the impact of the car, or did his muscles stop it?  (For his muscles to stop it, he'd have to be many times stronger than Spider-man and invulnerable too.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2010, 08:28:27 am »
Was that his muscles or the costume?  Priest had him wearing a costume that absorbed all impact energy, did the costume absorb the impact of the car, or did his muscles stop it?  (For his muscles to stop it, he'd have to be many times stronger than Spider-man and invulnerable too.

You are correct K.I.P.