Author Topic: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST  (Read 37788 times)

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
Re: FIRST STEPS TOWARD A-LIST
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »
Was that his muscles or the costume?  Priest had him wearing a costume that absorbed all impact energy, did the costume absorb the impact of the car, or did his muscles stop it?  (For his muscles to stop it, he'd have to be many times stronger than Spider-man and invulnerable too.

You are correct K.I.P.

Yeah, you're right, I think I always figured it was a mixture of the two.  Earlier four guys light him up with like a million bullets and he's fine, which seems like an impact resistance thing, but stopping a car with your feet/legs seems more like flat out strength i.e. he still had to try to stop the car as opposed to laying down and being shot at.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 04:17:28 am »
The way I see it, he braced himself, so his legs didn't fold, but all the energy went into the vibranium rather than his bones or muscles.    Or maybe 99.9 percent went into the costume.  I'm not sure you could actually walk if the costume absorbed 100 percent of the energy.

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2010, 11:30:31 am »
The way I see it, he braced himself, so his legs didn't fold, but all the energy went into the vibranium rather than his bones or muscles.    Or maybe 99.9 percent went into the costume.  I'm not sure you could actually walk if the costume absorbed 100 percent of the energy.

Yeah, any physics people in here?  We could get really nerdy and try to figure out the amount of force exerted from jumping out of a four story building versus stopping a car hahaha

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2010, 02:04:16 pm »
Folks.flat out: BPshoulda been stronger faster and more agile than CA from jump,and most especially now that he has the upgrade? he should be able to be SHOWN as A TRULY TERRIFYING H2H COMBATANT on top of everything e lse.His ubergenius makes him probably the unquestioned nonmegapowered pinnacle of h2h combat in the MU.Remember how..in that new SHERLOCK HOLMES movie...Sherlock used his megagenius in h2h to surgically strike his opponent in precisely the right spot causing exactly the kind of damage that he wished? yeah.Multiply that by 30 times and you got TCHALLA.And we haven't even touched the other possibilities for his magic.I mean..vibranium magnifies magical energy? Can we say VIBRANIUM THRICE BLESSED ARMOR mixed in with LIGHT ARMOR and the morphing habit that PRIEST BP (shifting from street clothes to Panther habit lined with kinetic energy stealing properties and EM breakdown properties so all EM attacks like lasers and repulsor rays can't harm him) showed in his run and whatnot? Mayne.The possibilities are endless.

BP does NOT equal MARVEL'S BATMAN.BP would equal MARVEL'S BATMAN PLUS say WOLVERINE level senses plus DOOM level genius plus many times more than BRUCE WAYNE money and greater than BATMAN uberprep (remember,PREIST TCHALLA WAS BUILT ON RAS AL GHUL,THE ONLY GUY TO "OUT-BATMAN" BATMAN via prep and stuff) plus greater than BATMAN MARTIAL ARTS skillz and knowledge (Tchalla knows the rest of the world's martial arts,but NOBODY KNOWS THE MARTIAL ART OF WAKANDA OR THE ROYAL LINEAGE WAKANDAN MARTIAL ART OUTSIDE OF WAKANDA) plus magic like say a combo of Elric of Melnibone (TCHALLA can beseech THE PANTHER GOD directly) and Blade (the movie character) or Doctor Druid (remember him?) that could even land BP in a MIDNIGHT SONS kind of adventure should an author choose to write him that way.There's just TOO MUCH  for BP to do.And MOON KNIGHT is a knock off of a combo of BATMAN and BP but weaker than either...especially much weaker than TCHALLA.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »
Folks.flat out: BPshoulda been stronger faster and more agile than CA from jump,and most especially now that he has the upgrade? he should be able to be SHOWN as A TRULY TERRIFYING H2H COMBATANT on top of everything e lse.His ubergenius makes him probably the unquestioned nonmegapowered pinnacle of h2h combat in the MU.Remember how..in that new SHERLOCK HOLMES movie...Sherlock used his megagenius in h2h to surgically strike his opponent in precisely the right spot causing exactly the kind of damage that he wished? yeah.Multiply that by 30 times and you got TCHALLA.And we haven't even touched the other possibilities for his magic.I mean..vibranium magnifies magical energy? Can we say VIBRANIUM THRICE BLESSED ARMOR mixed in with LIGHT ARMOR and the morphing habit that PRIEST BP (shifting from street clothes to Panther habit lined with kinetic energy stealing properties and EM breakdown properties so all EM attacks like lasers and repulsor rays can't harm him) showed in his run and whatnot? Mayne.The possibilities are endless.

BP does NOT equal MARVEL'S BATMAN.BP would equal MARVEL'S BATMAN PLUS say WOLVERINE level senses plus DOOM level genius plus many times more than BRUCE WAYNE money and greater than BATMAN uberprep (remember,PREIST TCHALLA WAS BUILT ON RAS AL GHUL,THE ONLY GUY TO "OUT-BATMAN" BATMAN via prep and stuff) plus greater than BATMAN MARTIAL ARTS skillz and knowledge (Tchalla knows the rest of the world's martial arts,but NOBODY KNOWS THE MARTIAL ART OF WAKANDA OR THE ROYAL LINEAGE WAKANDAN MARTIAL ART OUTSIDE OF WAKANDA) plus magic like say a combo of Elric of Melnibone (TCHALLA can beseech THE PANTHER GOD directly) and Blade (the movie character) or Doctor Druid (remember him?) that could even land BP in a MIDNIGHT SONS kind of adventure should an author choose to write him that way.There's just TOO MUCH  for BP to do.And MOON KNIGHT is a knock off of a combo of BATMAN and BP but weaker than either...especially much weaker than TCHALLA.

I agree about the Sherlock H bit...that is why T' challa should be shown doing all the time. You are right...but T'challa was not only built on Ras Al Ghul...but also Batman and Ras together...that's T'challa. He is a total bad ass.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2010, 11:41:06 am »
Mini rant (that some what apply to this topic)..

The BIGGEST problem is the lack of respect some have for the character... Now I don't put to much stuck in most of the net/message boards fans,but those fan imo are the ones who break down what character about to there friends, Fam., etc who don't read comics..  But you have fans complaining when T'Challa beat ppl he always been better, stronger & etc then there prob imo.. You have folks who want characters who basically  some what weaker/not as powerful knockoffs of his character & concept (Iron Fist & Moon Knight )to beat him & (actually think they should win).. (And if he were to beat them it would be called jobbing)..

T'Challa (while holding back) beat a pre-upgrade Iron Fist & it jobbing ? seriously?? T'Challa without his upgrade/with panther powers is ATLEAST to twice stronger than Rand, not meant faster, smarter, better at prep, better strategist, richer & etc..  Now Rand with his upgrade should/would actually be a some what of a challenge for T'Challa (pre upgrade)..    Either way T'Challa pre or post upgrade should be-able to Iron Fist..

And Moon Knight only stand a chance against T'Challa (pre or post upgrade) if he under the light of a full moon (he can lift 2 ton then and only then) because that he strongest other wise T'Challa is about Twice is strong as him also and maybe 3 or 4 time with his upgrade..

Also The BP and DD comparisons need to stop imo..  T'Challa pre or post upgrade is ATLEAST twice strong as DD (not to mention faster, smarter & etc.).. So if DD picking up car T'Challa (pre or post) should be picking  SUV or buses or something.. They are not on same power well...  Also the same applies to Shuri with her BP is stronger than DD, MK (without full moon) & etc.. This idea that Bast gives out street level powers & that a BP power set is that of a street level hero need to threw out of a window then needs a small building drop on it and then needs a sinkhole come n sallow both that idea with the building on top of it.. The same needs to happen to ideas like Hawkeye, DD, & etc are near the same power level, T'Challa not being near top of the smart list/as smart as Doom & Reed if NOT Smarter than them...

End of Rant (for now....)
Pull List

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2010, 01:14:26 pm »
feel better now 4sake?
:)

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2010, 01:27:37 pm »
feel better now 4sake?
:)

a lil bit...  :D  ;D  Thanks for asking..  8)
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:31 pm »
Mini rant (that some what apply to this topic)..

The BIGGEST problem is the lack of respect some have for the character... Now I don't put to much stuck in most of the net/message boards fans,but those fan imo are the ones who break down what character about to there friends, Fam., etc who don't read comics..  But you have fans complaining when T'Challa beat ppl he always been better, stronger & etc then there prob imo.. You have folks who want characters who basically  some what weaker/not as powerful knockoffs of his character & concept (Iron Fist & Moon Knight )to beat him & (actually think they should win).. (And if he were to beat them it would be called jobbing)..

T'Challa (while holding back) beat a pre-upgrade Iron Fist & it jobbing ? seriously?? T'Challa without his upgrade/with panther powers is ATLEAST to twice stronger than Rand, not meant faster, smarter, better at prep, better strategist, richer & etc..  Now Rand with his upgrade should/would actually be a some what of a challenge for T'Challa (pre upgrade)..    Either way T'Challa pre or post upgrade should be-able to Iron Fist..

And Moon Knight only stand a chance against T'Challa (pre or post upgrade) if he under the light of a full moon (he can lift 2 ton then and only then) because that he strongest other wise T'Challa is about Twice is strong as him also and maybe 3 or 4 time with his upgrade..

Also The BP and DD comparisons need to stop imo..  T'Challa pre or post upgrade is ATLEAST twice strong as DD (not to mention faster, smarter & etc.).. So if DD picking up car T'Challa (pre or post) should be picking  SUV or buses or something.. They are not on same power well...  Also the same applies to Shuri with her BP is stronger than DD, MK (without full moon) & etc.. This idea that Bast gives out street level powers & that a BP power set is that of a street level hero need to threw out of a window then needs a small building drop on it and then needs a sinkhole come n sallow both that idea with the building on top of it.. The same needs to happen to ideas like Hawkeye, DD, & etc are near the same power level, T'Challa not being near top of the smart list/as smart as Doom & Reed if NOT Smarter than them...

End of Rant (for now....)

Totally agree here,man.Point blank,BP is the pinnacle expression of the pinnacle civilization of human history.Period.It's a wrap.BP point blank needs to  be shown doing more and more  cool stuff and making that standard.He needs more consistent,potent feats.He and Shuri are lookin IIIILLL in DW.Lovin it!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2010, 11:25:35 am »
The standard ton or short ton is 2000 pounds.

Short Ton = 2,000 Lbs - (which is what we use).
Long Ton = 2,240 Lbs
Metric Ton = 2,204.6 Lbs

So right now T'challa is flat out stronger, faster and more agile. Add his genius level knowledge of physics to his fighting and should be pretty bad ass.

It just has to be shown...and not always implied.

So, T'challa has always been listed as having a strength level of 750 pounds, according to OHOTMU: Update '89 #1 (Jul. 1989). With Steve Rogers being listed as 800 pounds (according to the same source).

So T'challa's mystical upgrade has only allowed him to gain 1, 250 pounds and magic resist? To me, that does not make since.  If men were suppose to fear getting this power and men have died trying this...I would think that T'challa would do something else...for example like getting U.S Agent's formula via the Power Broker, or just wearing a power suit that gives him strenght and has magic wards to fend off magic attacks?

Just saying...and this was brought to my attention by someone.

Btw...Steve has a new mini by Bru...who also says that Steve is above Peak Human (meaning enhanced). I doubt Steve is going in the one ton range(but two tons)...they are playing it as he has always been there.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:43:18 am by Seven »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:15 am »
Seven!!
what up dude?
how ya been?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2010, 11:27:56 am »
Seven!!
what up dude?
how ya been?

chillin...man. Nothing much.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2010, 12:16:08 pm »

Long Ton = 2,240 Lbs
Metric Ton = 2,204.6 Lbs

So right now T'challa is flat out stronger, faster and more agile. Add his genius level knowledge of physics to his fighting and should be pretty bad ass.

So, T'challa has always been listed as having a strength level of 750 pounds, according to OHOTMU: Update '89 #1 (Jul. 1989). With Steve Rogers being listed as 800 pounds (according to the same source).

So T'challa's mystical upgrade has only allowed him to gain 1, 250 pounds and magic resist? To me, that does not make since.  If men were suppose to fear getting this power and men have died trying this...I would think that T'challa would do something else...for example like getting U.S Agent's formula via the Power Broker, or just wearing a power suit that gives him strenght and has magic wards to fend off magic attacks?

Btw...Steve has a new mini by Bru...who also says that Steve is above Peak Human (meaning enhanced). I doubt Steve is going in the one ton range(but two tons)...they are playing it as he has always been there.

Wait Steve just got upgraded too? Why?
Kiss the sky!

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2010, 10:50:19 pm »

Long Ton = 2,240 Lbs
Metric Ton = 2,204.6 Lbs

Wait Steve just got upgraded too? Why?

No idea...because Bru wanted too.  He's playing it as Steve has always been Enhanced level...basically what I have been saying about T'challa...so he is using he same logic...I just wish this was applied to T'challa...

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:17 am »
Hey, Seven take look at this...

Steve R.(who is as strong T'Challa. maybe a lil stronger) & Nick Fury (who has no powers other than slowed ageing unlike his Ult. version who's like a lowered powered version of Cage & Isaiah Bradley) BEAT The U FOES DOWN (the souped up version of the FF,  HULK villains & The same ppl that was beating the h@ll out of Thor during in some of the tie-ins Siege).. not defeat but beat them Down!!!!..

They beat the Hulk

Hulk eventually beat them (it took him a while)

Now if T'Challa was even shown to think about even beating up one of these ppl (Let alone the whole Team) net would break...
Pull List