Author Topic: T'Chaka  (Read 6044 times)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Chaka
« on: November 10, 2009, 12:06:21 pm »

What all do we really know about him?
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
Re: T'Chaka
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 12:38:09 pm »
Agreed.
It was King Azzari the Wise that beat Captain America. Based on his new series and in "Who the Black Panther". The right decision in my opinion, that keeps T'challa younger and moving with the sliding timeline.

Before then we knew more, but all that is now Azzari, instead. I made a similar post about his training. Maybe that's a great way to show him off, and also in the FofF book, showing Azzari training young T'chaka or something

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:10:14 pm »
From the Priest series, I always got the impression that T'Chaka was a more ruthless king than T'Challa is (will be?) After all, the Hatut Zeraze (?) were definitely working for T'Chaka...until T'Challa became king and disbanded them.

T'Chaka: (to a young T'Challa) "Boy, if you do not IMMEDIATELY appear...!"

(I forgot which issue that line was from, but lets just say that T'Challa QUICKLY appeared in front of his father!)

Offline Wakandan561

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:13:03 pm »
Any Body else Notice that in the cartoon Azzari was named after T'challa's grandfather, and T'chaka was one of T'challas kids too; But I was thinking the same thing, I would like to know what made him Azzari the wise?
The Absence of Evidence is not The Evidence of Absence

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »
Huh.

T'chaka was his father (T'challa) and Azzari is he great grand father. In Next Avengers also.
Azzari from Next Avengers was named after his great grand dad. T'chaka from Exiles and MC2 is named after his grand dad.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 07:20:49 pm »
Agreed.
It was King Azzari the Wise that beat Captain America. Based on his new series and in "Who the Black Panther". The right decision in my opinion, that keeps T'challa younger and moving with the sliding timeline.

Before then we knew more, but all that is now Azzari, instead. I made a similar post about his training. Maybe that's a great way to show him off, and also in the FofF book, showing Azzari training young T'chaka or something

I always felt that...due to the superior healthy holistic lifestyles...the Wakandans had longer lifespans than the average human. Roundabout 240 years. I am very much of the EJD perspective that TCHAKA and TCHALLA are able to perform the nonsuperpowered feats (super senses,affinity for felines,connection to TPG and all the power and protection that this entails,foot speed in excess of 100 mph,hyper hyper kinesthetic sense,super sight,amplified attractiveness by the opposite sex to him/her,etc) on his own. That means strength,speed up to 100 mph,fighting prowess,BEAST level agility,jumping and brachiation prowess,uberintellect,willpower,leadership,peak human sexual attractiveness by the opppsite sex and charismatic leadership,etc. are all his own. Naturally. IMHO.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 09:24:35 pm »
S.I's. idea about the Wakandan lifespan is a great one-and it would explain a lot were it to become used.

A long lived king can bring about many changes in his people. It would go some way to explaining Wakandan advancements-they never would have lost the knowledge of the elders(Dynastic Egypt would have been well documented in thier cultural memory) and thier children could have spent decades abroad studying.

The odd part would be that there may have been less Black Panthers than we think(and maybe T'chaka DID fight Cap after all).

Taking all the differing writers takes on B.P. and intergrating them we get a T'Chaka who married twice(that we know of-there's the matter of Jakkara's mom). N'Yomi his first wife died giving birth to..probably Shuri now. His second wife Ramonda was a non-Wakadan who got kidnapped some time after thier wedding. Ouch.

He had four kids: Hunter (who he adopted),T'Challa, Jakarra( the monster dude from Kirby's run) and Shuri.  

We also know he dispensed with the Dora Milage (even in Priest's T'Chaka flashbacks they aren't in evidence around him). The D.M. look to have been Azzri's idea. T'chaka instituted the Hatsut Zeraze in the D.M.'s place. He then made Hunter its head (possibly a consolation prize since he'd never see the throne as long as T'Challa was alive).

They then proceeded to become Dick Cheney-esq waterboarding SOB's This was most likely Hunter's way of showing he was just as fanatically loyal as the next Wakandan.

The big question is did T'Chaka know what Hunter was doing (T'challa refuses to believe this)? Either he didn't know or he didn't care.

Why?

Well he had lost two wives in quick sucession(He never saw Ramonda again) I'm pretty sure that after all that it was hard for the poor SOB to give a rat's ass about much.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 09:31:51 pm by Vic Vega »

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 09:35:48 pm »

Taking all the differing writers takes on B.P. and intergrating them we get a T'Chaka who married twice(that we know of-there's the matter of Jakkara's mom). N'Yomi his first wife died giving birth to..probably Shuri now. His second wife Ramonda was a non-Wakadan who got kidnapped shortly after thier wedding.

Wait, I thought Ramonda (T'Challa's stepmother) is Shuri's mother? Which would mean that T'Challa's mother N'Yami still died giving birth to him?

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 09:42:41 pm »

Taking all the differing writers takes on B.P. and intergrating them we get a T'Chaka who married twice(that we know of-there's the matter of Jakkara's mom). N'Yomi his first wife died giving birth to..probably Shuri now. His second wife Ramonda was a non-Wakadan who got kidnapped shortly after thier wedding.

Wait, I thought Ramonda (T'Challa's stepmother) is Shuri's mother? Which would mean that T'Challa's mother N'Yami still died giving birth to him?

Could be, but Shuri is never referred to as T'Challa's half sister(as far as I know) so they had the same mom, I figure.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 09:44:01 pm »
Me too, its also more intresting. Ramonda LOVES T'challa, maybe because he reminds her of T'chaka, while she is hard on her own daugther.

Perfect.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 09:49:42 pm »
Me too, its also more intresting. Ramonda LOVES T'challa, maybe because he reminds her of T'chaka, while she is hard on her own daugther.

Perfect.

I agrre...
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 10:06:48 pm »
Jonathan? What say you?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 10:17:28 pm »
S.I's. idea about the Wakandan lifespan is a great one-and it would explain a lot were it to become used.

A long lived king can bring about many changes in his people. It would go some way to explaining Wakandan advancements-they never would have lost the knowledge of the elders(Dynastic Egypt would have been well documented in thier cultural memory) and thier children could have spent decades abroad studying.

The odd part would be that there may have been less Black Panthers than we think(and maybe T'chaka DID fight Cap after all).

Taking all the differing writers takes on B.P. and intergrating them we get a T'Chaka who married twice(that we know of-there's the matter of Jakkara's mom). N'Yomi his first wife died giving birth to..probably Shuri now. His second wife Ramonda was a non-Wakadan who got kidnapped some time after thier wedding. Ouch.

He had four kids: Hunter (who he adopted),T'Challa, Jakarra( the monster dude from Kirby's run) and Shuri.  

We also know he dispensed with the Dora Milage (even in Priest's T'Chaka flashbacks they aren't in evidence around him). The D.M. look to have been Azzri's idea. T'chaka instituted the Hatsut Zeraze in the D.M.'s place. He then made Hunter its head (possibly a consolation prize since he'd never see the throne as long as T'Challa was alive).

They then proceeded to become Dick Cheney-esq waterboarding SOB's This was most likely Hunter's way of showing he was just as fanatically loyal as the next Wakandan.

The big question is did T'Chaka know what Hunter was doing (T'challa refuses to believe this)? Either he didn't know or he didn't care.

Why?

Well he had lost two wives in quick sucession(He never saw Ramonda again) I'm pretty sure that after all that it was hard for the poor SOB to give a rat's ass about much.

I wondering if Jakarra got a consolation prize also..  Maybe his was that he got to head/top/number 1 Wakandan military General or some title like that..

Since he joined the Wakanda military ultimately earning the rank of General, before he tried to take over Wakanda

http://marvel.wikia.com/Jakarra_%28Earth-616%29

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/jakarraw.htm

I wonder if T'Chaka ever went on some black ops/wet works type of missions with Hatut Zeraze.. Now that a story I'd love to read..

Also on Jakarra maybe she could have a  a former Dora Milaje order or just a normal Wakandan woman/a average woman citizen of Wakanda.
Pull List

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:31:39 am »
I would love to see T'challa reform the Hatut Zeraze. Then add Kasper Cole to it's ranks or something. Give them all the synthetic HSH. 

Offline moneyspider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 08:05:29 am »
If Wakandans supposedly live a really long time, has there ever been a Wakandan (or a Black Panther King/Queen) who has lived as long as Wolverine?