Author Topic: Ninja Assassin  (Read 2669 times)

Jenn

Ninja Assassin
« on: November 11, 2009, 05:37:09 pm »
HELL YEAH!!!

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
Re: Ninja Assassin
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 05:44:06 pm »
You'll be happy to know that my partner on PRODIGAL did the storyboards for NINJA ASSASSIN.

Todd Harris, folks. Awesome on a stick.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:32:16 pm »
When the outdoor campaign for this movie popped up EVERYWHERE I got really happy.  I knew I had to see it even though there was no star or filmmakers attached...the boldness of the campaign told me all I needed to know.  I also knew my wife wasn't coming near it, and my boys and I would have a great night.

Offline Sam Wilson

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:50 pm »
I'm taking two seniors from my school to this on thanksgiving day. As my wife says, she'll be chaperoning three teenage boys that day... :)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:42 pm »
This movie is coming in January over here. But can you tell me if they have any ninpo techniques like the body divide and camouflage tricks?
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 04:05:24 pm »
This movie kicked ass. The perfect anti-Twilight antidote. It might even revive the ninja genre that seemed to fade after the 80s.

Offline voodoochild

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:04:51 pm »
Really?  I've been reading a lot of bad reviews (from fans, not the mainstream).  I keep hearing that all of the fights are too dark and shot to close up and the cgi blood is distracting.  I HATE when fight scenes are shot like that, so I'm on the fence.  I was actually pretty excited about it.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 05:18:57 am »
Some of those criticisms are valid. Sometimes the fake blood stands out too much and some of the fight scenes are in the dark or not well filmed. However, I think there's more right with the action than wrong. It reminded me of a well made 80s action film. The opening scene sealed the deal for me.

Though I had some quibbles with how it ended. The build up was pretty good but there perhaps wasn't as good a pay off. But the movie met my expectations so I was pleased.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 10:35:43 pm »
I had a problem with the low-lit fight scenes, but my overall problem was the choppy editing between past and present. It had the drama feel rushed to show the hectic fighting. But I did enjoy the fight scenes.

John Woo's Red Cliff would be a better Asian film to catch. But I loved seeing ninjas make a comeback.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 02:07:30 am »
I enjoyed this movie. It brought back memories of the ninja films I saw as a kid.

"Crazy Like A Bee" from Ninja and the Warriors of Fire was one badass character.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:38:51 am by CKW »

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:40 am »
I love this movie.

I really like Rain. Great pick for the movie.