Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 15935 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: What's Next?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 12:02:06 pm »

Down the line, I would like to see T and Wakanda deal with an entity like a Celestial coming to earth to reclaim his lost Vibranium.  The mineral came from somewhere, and that is something I'd like to see explored.

Okay, this would be awesome!
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 06:05:04 am »

Sometime in the future. T'challa has to face Red Skull again. Sin and Crossbones...with Steve Rogers. In fact this would be a awesome mini-crossover between the Black Panther and Captain America books.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 06:51:40 am »
I like that: T, Steve, Bucky, Shuri, Storm vs Red Skull and his forces.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 07:42:53 am »
Oh yeah. I'd like to see to see T'Challa beat up Red Skull again (more publicly this time so the World can see.) Shuri would beat up Sin. Luke Cage could beat up up Crossbones.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:04:59 pm by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Jenn

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:16 pm »
There's been a quiet-but-steady movement of Storm fans who have pledged to support the book again if/when Shuri gets killed. I can't promise the same, but I will be willing to give it another look.* In the meantime, the event they're most looking toward (the ones who've bothered to even stick around) is Shuri getting her ass whipped. I haven't seen a character so universally loathed by an entire group of people since Davy Cameron. Even Panther Storm fans can't stand her.

*Wait, who am I kidding? I still wouldn't touch it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:31:28 pm by Jenn »

Offline jonathanmaberry

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Maberry's Big Scary Blog
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 10:13:00 am »
There's been a quiet-but-steady movement of Storm fans who have pledged to support the book again if/when Shuri gets killed. I can't promise the same, but I will be willing to give it another look.* In the meantime, the event they're most looking toward (the ones who've bothered to even stick around) is Shuri getting her ass whipped. I haven't seen a character so universally loathed by an entire group of people since Davy Cameron. Even Panther Storm fans can't stand her.

If you're waiting around to see Shuri get bumped off, you'd better get comfortable because that's going to be a loooooooong wait.
Jonathan Maberry
Multiple Bram Stoker Award winner
Author of PATIENT ZERO (St Martins Griffin), THEY BITE (Citadel Press), THE WOLFMAN (Tor) and DOOMWAR (Marvel Comics) 
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jonathan-Maberry/803028269 
Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn

Jenn

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 01:03:16 pm »
Of course Shuri won't get bumped off. You'll bury this title way before that.

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 01:21:46 pm »
 ::)

Offline DJfunkyPuddle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 12:14:52 am »

If you're waiting around to see Shuri get bumped off, you'd better get comfortable because that's going to be a loooooooong wait.

hahahaha.  *Tosses Jenn a pillow and slippers*

Jenn

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:53 am »
You sure you don't want to keep those for yourself? Because Doomwar is coming, and I wouldn't want you to ruin your comic when you fall asleep and drool starts running down your cheek.

#106, folks. Nuff said.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 03:01:33 am »
What a damn shame, Jenn.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Jenn

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 06:49:32 pm »
Let's not derail Kip's thread, OP. I just had to shut mine down a couple of days ago for the very same thing. The topic is "What's next?" not "Maberry and his Personal Dora Milaje to the Rescue As Usual".

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 07:01:02 pm »
Let's not derail Kip's thread, OP. I just had to shut mine down a couple of days ago for the very same thing. The topic is "What's next?" not "Maberry and his Personal Dora Milaje to the Rescue As Usual".

Agreed. Pax Americana.

Jenn

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 08:57:36 pm »

Offline Freakzeek

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2009, 12:42:20 am »
I would LOVE to see the Marvel keep the gas on the paddle after Doomwar and have something with the Red Skull (but he is currently being used in a story in Captain America. Maybe after that is over). At least Red Skull should really hate Wakanda, and the very idea of it. He currently has Steve Rogers body.

*If* they decide to keep him this way.

M.O.D.O.K. and A.I.M (Advanced Idea Mechanics) would be nice…a terrorist group with insane technology, who are licking their chops at the prospect at a rebuilding and very weaken Wakanda.

Apocalypse someone needs to make him badass again.

Also the The Purifiers going after Storm (and Wakanda) because she is politcally the most powerful mutant.

I would also love to see T’challa vs.

Omega Red
The Gorgon
Red Skull

I've Been Thinking about it and Red Skull should hate T'challa & Wakanda more than any other hero. I mean Wakanda represents a twisted inversion of Hitler's dream. Their basically a race of purebreed people who established a powerful nation but there Black!. That has to piss off Skull on some deep level